Why no threads on the pro?
Evan D is offline Find More Posts by Evan D
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 25, 2009, 08:00 PM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
They are all very happy with it and flying! There are some threads on it. Just do a search. It was discussed long before it came out.
Gino CP is offline Find More Posts by Gino CP
Old Aug 25, 2009, 09:22 PM
Joined Nov 2003
1,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino CP
They are all very happy with it and flying! There are some threads on it. Just do a search. It was discussed long before it came out.
true.

I have one...thought of starting a thread showing it off...but it's just the same as most everybody elses. STOCK AND ROCKING!

I am SUPER happy with mine...unbox, built (kindof a pain if you want to get every lead tucked inside the frame) and fly HARD. Takes about 1 flight to get it absolutely as perfect as it'll ever get with the stock components.
It just works and keeps on working. No mods needed at all...couldn't say a bad thing about it. I am flying it on 25c batts and even they do fine...heard alot of rumors that it needed state of the art batts to perform (because of the stock high HS i'd say it was) but it flies just fine on 25c's too. Probably a little easier to do things like four point tic tocs etc... on better batts but i'm managing for now.
Motor does get hot though...but i stopped caring.
mattijs321 is offline Find More Posts by mattijs321
Old Aug 25, 2009, 10:02 PM
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2004
6,184 Posts
Did you reverse the tail grips?
Old Aug 26, 2009, 06:20 AM
Joined Nov 2003
1,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan D
Did you reverse the tail grips?
you got me i did. But it clearly doesn't really change much in flight as there are tons of movies that go to show that completely stock the tail holds equally well.
I was kinda surprised that i can only get the gain up to 30 or something before it starts wagging...but again..it's just a figure. I haven't ever been able to make the tail do anything other then go where you pointed it. Backwards flight is so much fun to do when the tail is perfectly staying where it's supposed to. I actually think my 450 has done more miles upside down backwards then upright!!

I also had some issues landing in long grass that had just been cut. The tail eats up all the grass and it gets completely stuck in the mechanism. I even had the grass that was stuck melt a little of the tail control piece that slides over the tailshaft BUT the gears have never failed and i have yet to replace anything.
I now fly of a big piece of cardboard but one time the carboard curled because of wind and the tail ate a big piece of cardboard. Again..no harm to the geartrain.
mattijs321 is offline Find More Posts by mattijs321
Old Aug 26, 2009, 10:59 AM
lone pilot
Las Piņas
Joined Feb 2009
47 Posts
here's mine! flasher 450 pro
premonition08 is offline Find More Posts by premonition08
Old Aug 26, 2009, 11:19 AM
Sponsored by Team Me
Montgomery, IL
Joined Aug 2005
7,134 Posts
Quote:
You will find more on other sites, the majority of the people around RCG in the mini heli forums are drinking the clone Koolaid ... To each is own I guess...
raynet11 is offline Find More Posts by raynet11
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Storage:
Old Aug 26, 2009, 01:39 PM
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2004
6,184 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynet11
You will find more on other sites, the majority of the people around RCG in the mini heli forums are drinking the clone Koolaid ... To each is own I guess...
Clone Koolaid....
Old Aug 26, 2009, 02:40 PM
Sponsored by Team Me
Montgomery, IL
Joined Aug 2005
7,134 Posts
Quote:
Clone Koolaid....
The 450 Pro concept will be hard to grasp by some, as pointed out you open the box, you build the heli, then you fly the heli. Having no parts to replace or upgrade would be strange new territory.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 26, 2009, 03:05 PM
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2004
6,184 Posts
Same concept problem others seem to have with the 500ESP...
Old Aug 26, 2009, 03:20 PM
Sponsored by Team Me
Montgomery, IL
Joined Aug 2005
7,134 Posts
Seems so, I guess it's not fair to lump them all together since their are viable / reliable variants out there (EXI and CopterX comes to mind).

Align isn't exactly the creme de la creme to begin with on some designs and if your basing your product on a copy well it better be darn perfect.

I went down that path with my X400 , replace this part, upgrade that part, sure it was fun but expensive. I also spent a great deal of time tinkering with my Hornet X3D which was a killer setup if you were willing to spend the 3 months to get it to that point.

These days I don't have the time to tinker, the silly thing better work out of the box without upgrading and I think for that Align does a great job of providing a out of the box working package for the novice like myself.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 27, 2009, 07:45 AM
lone pilot
Las Piņas
Joined Feb 2009
47 Posts
are there anyone else??
premonition08 is offline Find More Posts by premonition08
Old Aug 27, 2009, 11:04 AM
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2004
6,184 Posts
Anyone else what?
Old Aug 27, 2009, 02:32 PM
USA, WI, Wauwatosa
Joined Nov 2007
230 Posts
Quote:
You need to go to helifreak.com. HERE are the threads on the Pro.

http://www.helifreak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=153
sk8teradam2003 is offline Find More Posts by sk8teradam2003
Old Aug 27, 2009, 05:18 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,439 Posts
I helped a buddy with his.
Only complaint was the motor got really hot. He ordered a 450M or something like that.
He's putting it into a scale body (yes, why is he doing that?).

flew nice. I was suprised that it flew so stable w/o flybar weights, but we put flybar weights on it anyway since he's gonna put it in a scale body.

He followed the manual and did everything himself. I did not like the way that the ESC was tucked into the frame and we could not disconnect the motor wires when I wanted to take some Pitch measurements. I don't see how the ESC will get airflow.
Tail was really smooth. I like the built in chinese weights and the slopfree tail.

I'm one of the "Cloners" but I respect the 450 Pro. Nice heli if you got the funds.
Melnic is offline Find More Posts by Melnic