Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 25, 2009, 04:21 PM
Louisville, Colorado
Joined Nov 2003
780 Posts
Discussion
Airtronics SD-10G manual now available!!

Hey Guys,

Just thought I would let you know that we now have the SD-10G manual on our web site for a free download. Check it out at the bottom of the SD-10G description. http://www.skipmillermodels.com/SD-10G.php

This is by far the best manual I have seen. Todd did a great job writing it.

Cody
cody303 is offline Find More Posts by cody303
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 26, 2009, 01:50 AM
Joined Jul 2008
55 Posts
If a colleague pointed out that manufacturers do not outdo each other in showing the parameters which contribute nothing as is the case for the response time of less than 0.1 sec apparatus supports a man and you can check it personally that you can not move more than 25 times the rudder stick within seconds. Proposal for a simple 7ms and 25ms or so too much for a man and a fortiori for the servos that supports the controls. Typical idealize something that we do not have the functionality. For this function, the display of its size and readability at this size leaves more to be desired. Radio is worse than FF10 and the Futaba JR DSX-9 and the JR12X not make sense to compare because it's lower class equipment.
Kamyczek_PL is offline Find More Posts by Kamyczek_PL
Old Aug 26, 2009, 11:13 AM
or F, J, K, or even TD
Joined Jun 2007
2,900 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamyczek_PL
If a colleague pointed out that manufacturers do not outdo each other in showing the parameters which contribute nothing as is the case for the response time of less than 0.1 sec apparatus supports a man and you can check it personally that you can not move more than 25 times the rudder stick within seconds. Proposal for a simple 7ms and 25ms or so too much for a man and a fortiori for the servos that supports the controls. Typical idealize something that we do not have the functionality. For this function, the display of its size and readability at this size leaves more to be desired. Radio is worse than FF10 and the Futaba JR DSX-9 and the JR12X not make sense to compare because it's lower class equipment.
Dude, I don't know if I completely understand your post, but in no way is the SD-10G lower class equipment than the other radios you mention. The functionality alone puts it in the same class, and the price makes it even more attractive. Some issues such as response rate are just as you note...not really useful parameters for the end user, but all of the other flexibility and functionality within the system are useful, and easy, and powerful.

Kindest regards,

Mike
FLY F3B is offline Find More Posts by FLY F3B
Old Aug 26, 2009, 11:52 AM
United States, CA, Folsom
Joined Jul 2007
2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamyczek_PL

I believe your rant is out of place here (you made the exact same post in another forum). This thread is announcing the availability of a manual, not a place for your personal view of perceived shortcomings. If you don't like it, don't buy it.

JT
jtlsf5 is online now Find More Posts by jtlsf5
Old Aug 26, 2009, 02:39 PM
or F, J, K, or even TD
Joined Jun 2007
2,900 Posts
Hey Cody, Thanks for posting this, and also, thanks for making it available on your website.

Mike
PS, good luck at team selects. Next time, come out and dothe B TS contest.
Old Aug 26, 2009, 04:06 PM
Louisville, Colorado
Joined Nov 2003
780 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLY F3B
Hey Cody, Thanks for posting this, and also, thanks for making it available on your website.

Mike
PS, good luck at team selects. Next time, come out and dothe B TS contest.
Thanks Mike it should be a really good TS. Lets make a deal.... If you try out for the J team I will try out for the B team. We need to promote both events in the US.

Cody
cody303 is offline Find More Posts by cody303
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 27, 2009, 11:49 AM
Joined Jul 2008
55 Posts
Hello its google translate Polish to english Its Very best !!!
In my opinion request time its not critical for me and any peple. Servos and hand to slow.
Kamyczek_PL is offline Find More Posts by Kamyczek_PL
Old Aug 27, 2009, 11:56 AM
Challenge is rewarding
San Diego, CA
Joined Aug 2004
5,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cody303
Thanks Mike it should be a really good TS. Lets make a deal.... If you try out for the J team I will try out for the B team. We need to promote both events in the US.

Cody
I have a feeling there will be a full TPG team at the next TS (2 years, not in 1 week). I know I am interested, and Mike and I had a discussion about it. If we get you to try B, then it will be a done deal.....and GL from me too.
djklein21 is offline Find More Posts by djklein21
Old Aug 27, 2009, 12:11 PM
or F, J, K, or even TD
Joined Jun 2007
2,900 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cody303

Cody
OK, you have a deal Cody. I can't do it this year since the WC's took all of my time, but next round....DEAL. Anything to get you on the sticks in B. You would be really good at it, and you would love it, and it would not hurt your J skills at all.

Cheers Cody, I'll be rooting for you.

Mike
Old Aug 27, 2009, 02:40 PM
United States, VA, Falls Church
Joined Mar 2007
1,335 Posts
Cody? Flying B? There goes the neighborhood!!! See ya in a week Cody

D
Daryl Perkins is offline Find More Posts by Daryl Perkins
Old Aug 27, 2009, 02:57 PM
USA, KS, Wichita
Joined Sep 2002
1,107 Posts
Guys,

I'll make a prediction right now if Cody tries B on the next Team Select there will only be room for two more. The kid is a natural.

See Ya,

Pat
pmccleave is offline Find More Posts by pmccleave