SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 14, 2001, 12:15 PM
Sailplane Nut
Providence, RI
Joined Nov 2000
344 Posts
Road Trip Down East Coast Sept 26-30

Howdy all, due to recent events my flight northward has been cancelled and I will be driving north to Troy, New York from Florida for a business trip. Sure it means sitting in a car for two days, but, it means I can take a plane or two with me. I will be in the Troy, NY area for a week, and then I will be working my way southward starting around the 26th of September.

I would like to breakup the trip southbound with some flying. Are there any cool events or contests happening on the weekend of the 29th? I have never been slope soaring either, and I would love to try it. I would prefer an airplane friendly slope as I donít own any foamies. So if you know of anything fun happening soaringwise on the east coast between NJ and Florida that weekend, please drop me a line. Also, if you have a club near route 95 and will be flying anytime between the 26th and the 30th, please drop me a line!

I will have an orion 2 meter and an omega 1.5 electric with me. So any slope, electric, or winch/histart flying will work for me.

Thanks,

Nick Wisdom
Orlando, FL
NickW is offline Find More Posts by NickW
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 14, 2001, 12:40 PM
Falls Church, VA
Joined Sep 2001
30 Posts
[First post ever. Long time reader. Good to be here.]

I know that CASA (Capitol Area Soaring Assoc.) is having a HLG meet in Maryland on Sept 29/30. I'm going to try to show up for a day just to look around.

Visit their site at http://www.cp-inc-us.com/casa/

I'd love to get into HLG, just looking for the right airplane.

jw
flylow is offline Find More Posts by flylow