HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 29, 2011, 10:37 AM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,105 Posts
We had a great time in San Lazzaro di Savena (close to Bologna) at a friendship race in Memory of Sergio Veronesi. I tried to find out who he was but somehow the italians didnt understand properly.

Anyway I drove in remembrace of Dez Chand and dedicated this victory to him. The tin of coke broke in my toolbox and soaked the bike. Quite a sticky mess.

The race itself was hell of a lot of fun. The track had enough grip despite only 12░C air temperature. Under the line I was fastest thoughout the whole weekend and won all three finals. They count all three together so there is no room for errors. I think thats quite a interesting way to do races.
edi.winter is offline Find More Posts by edi.winter
Last edited by edi.winter; Nov 29, 2011 at 10:43 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 29, 2011, 11:32 AM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Dec 2009
1,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edi.winter View Post
We had a great time in San Lazzaro di Savena (close to Bologna) at a friendship race in Memory of Sergio Veronesi. I tried to find out who he was but somehow the italians didnt understand properly.

Anyway I drove in remembrace of Dez Chand and dedicated this victory to him. The tin of coke broke in my toolbox and soaked the bike. Quite a sticky mess.

The race itself was hell of a lot of fun. The track had enough grip despite only 12░C air temperature. Under the line I was fastest thoughout the whole weekend and won all three finals. They count all three together so there is no room for errors. I think thats quite a interesting way to do races.
Good Job Edi!! Its cool how this part of the hobby will race in honor for someone else. Dont see that to much in R/C
621clay is offline Find More Posts by 621clay
Old Dec 20, 2011, 01:38 AM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,105 Posts
KP has released the first offical pictures of the all new KP12e LOOK HERE !

Its the first "try" of the JABBER concept from someone else. Somehow its a bit flattering to be copied ....

I also found the following:
"...... It is producing lap times better than have been achieved by any other bike."

.....I am looking forward to that
Old Dec 20, 2011, 02:39 AM
Editor, RCCA
Joined Nov 2004
3,163 Posts
Gotta keep them honest, edi! Are there any Jabber's in the UK?
Guidoracer is offline Find More Posts by Guidoracer
Old Dec 20, 2011, 02:55 AM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,105 Posts
nono no offence... I meant I am looking forward to drving against a KP12e and seeing how fast it is
Old Dec 20, 2011, 06:56 AM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,704 Posts
Hey, don't forget mine.. I must be the second one to try then..

I wouldn't say the longer swingarm eliminates wheelies. Nice to drive though...
scaulfi is offline Find More Posts by scaulfi
Old Dec 20, 2011, 07:43 AM
Alton
Joined Apr 2007
32 Posts
Sorry to say this Scaulfi but I think you may be third, been running mine since mid-september
Matt18 is offline Find More Posts by Matt18
Old Dec 20, 2011, 07:58 AM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt18 View Post
Sorry to say this Scaulfi but I think you may be third, been running mine since mid-september
Somehow I have another dejav˙

First rollout May 2010. The Jabber 2010 / SB5 Hybrid. Driven by two drivers at the Worlds in Grenoble 2010. We never got them to perform like the other Jabbers.

But I have heard the Raptor is smokin┤ them all *hooray*!!!
Old Dec 20, 2011, 08:54 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt18 View Post
lol Matt I finished mine mid october.. Oh well...

You must be feeling really chuffed now Edi.. Your idea/concept works really well.. Easier to make than a conventional swingarm too...

We'll have to wait and see how they all go next year....
Old Dec 20, 2011, 09:03 AM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaulfi View Post
We'll have to wait and see how they all go next year....
Yeah I am looking forward to that.... its much easier to drive and most of the drivers testing it quickly meet their laptimes. But then you need to drive it differently. You need the guts to go beyond the limits your used to. The only one was Boselli in Bologna. I saw him getting really fast with the Jabber. He seemed to understand quickly how to drive it.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 09:40 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edi.winter View Post
Yeah I am looking forward to that.... its much easier to drive and most of the drivers testing it quickly meet their laptimes. But then you need to drive it differently. You need the guts to go beyond the limits your used to. The only one was Boselli in Bologna. I saw him getting really fast with the Jabber. He seemed to understand quickly how to drive it.
I know what you mean. I can't throw my conventional bike into the corners at speed like I can with this one. The back end steps out nice too and its more controled. I also feel like Im driving a touring car, holding the steering more in the turns..
Old Dec 20, 2011, 09:57 AM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaulfi View Post
I also feel like Im driving a touring car, holding the steering more in the turns..
Thats one of the things: you just need to put in harder steering springs and it stays in whatever leaning angle you put it... the reason is: your into the turns much faster and the steering springs are too soft for it
Old Dec 20, 2011, 10:04 AM
Alton
Joined Apr 2007
32 Posts
I've found this design has made a massive improvement under braking and on corner exit over my previous, more conventional bike. I've not really noticed a massive improvement turning into corners and it currently suffers with a little bit of mid-corner under steer, just waiting for some better weather so I can work on this problem.

The biggest benefit I've found has been traction in the wet, the last 2 meetings have both been wet and slippery and I've been about 2 laps up on the rest of the field (including a new KP12 and Mr lancaster with his KP11), admittedly I have also been helped by being the only one with tyre warmers, but then again it wasn't an awful lot slower during the run where I forgot to switch them on.
Matt18 is offline Find More Posts by Matt18
Old Dec 20, 2011, 10:34 AM
Occasional useful idiot...
Joined Nov 2009
1,400 Posts
I can't wait to see the new Raptor handle Skippy's cold, wet bumps in April. If it flies around there...

The last evolution looked well around there in JV's hands.

Now, could you fit an engine in it?

(Thread derailment ended).
Jonathan Bradbury is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury
Old Dec 20, 2011, 11:55 AM
Joined Apr 2007
469 Posts
Just lovin all this pre season banter!!....raptor smokin everything...you can only drive a jabber a certain way......my dads harder than yours!.....coolio!!......cant wait for the flag to drop!!
symon is offline Find More Posts by symon