HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 06, 2011, 05:19 AM
Joined May 2009
661 Posts
well Edi i'm not sure if i should congratulate you or feel sorry... statistically in IFMAR the warmup winner doesnt go on to win the worlds. in fact some top drivers are known to slow down in the last few laps to intentionally lose the warmup race and avoid the warmup winner's curse. but this isnt IFMAR and it is only superstition. im sure you'll dominate the worlds as well. congratulations!
Torrance is offline Find More Posts by Torrance
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 06, 2011, 12:13 PM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,116 Posts
The race was a bit chaotic over the weekend rain on and off, but from the beginning.

Aaron and I arrived at the track Tuesday night. Stopped at the track provisionally jacked up the caravan had a few beers and went to bed.
Wedneday it rained till 11:00. In the meantime we went to Bellinzona and did some shopping... we did forget a few bits and bobs. From midday on we had nice weather and drove about 12 Lipos. We had the track nearly to ourselves.
In the evening other drivers arrived and we had to give them a warm welcome.
Went to bed sometime after midnight not sure when.
Thursday was quite okay. Weather changed a bit but still a slight shower now and then. I was already really fast. Marco Verna turned up and we did some
chasing around. Hell he is REALLY fast (with his NF). By Thursday night a lot
of drivers arrived and we had to say hello to them as well. ......
I think I am muddling up the days somehow... to be honest I am not really sure when where what happened... crap... never got to bed before 02:00....
Concerning the race I have to check Myrcm
Anyway FRIDAY evening: First timed practice. Track was soggy in our heat and my rainbike wasnt working properly.
Saturday late morning was the only Heat that was dry throughout the run and I could "show off" the performance of the JABBER: Check it out.
After timed Practice the who is who was together in Quali Group 3.
7 Finalists from the last Worlds in Grenoble making up 6 WC Titles all together.
Saturday it kept dry until our Heat started...... it dried up for the others ... then it rained again in our heat. From then on it rained. At the end of the day our group was positioned from Pos. 15(me) downwards.... GREAT.... 1/4 Final
My bike worked well in the rain. Maybe its also the 1/2 english genes in me.

Sunday:
Weatherforecast: RAIN. Looking out the window... it DID rain.
A lot had either decided to go home or had no bike to run in the wet.
We were told that because of that the ones left will drive all together in the finals. ALL together means ALL Superbikes.... *LOL* that promised to be fun.

So I started from 15.
First Final, wet: 17 Bikes starting, Won it
Second Final, wet: 17 Bikes starting, Won that too
Third Final was in the dry: 22 Bikes starting..... what a sight. Fought forward to second position 6 seconds behind Gianni, was taken down by a backmarker, finished 4th...

Overall: First.
edi.winter is online now Find More Posts by edi.winter
Old Jun 06, 2011, 04:59 PM
Joined Feb 2007
262 Posts
Congratulations Edi.

I told you some weeks ago on the spanish forum that the most dangerous bike (for the other competitors) would be the jabber.

How do you feel after so many time working on your concept, with nearly all the best world drivers on the biggest rc track in Europe ?

someone told me by phone you was using a 4.0. Really ????
Manuspain is offline Find More Posts by Manuspain
Old Jun 06, 2011, 05:03 PM
Espa˝a, CL, ┴vila
Joined Sep 2008
569 Posts
Any video of that 22 bike┤s final?

Sure it will be an awesome thing to see....
trf_414_m2 is offline Find More Posts by trf_414_m2
Old Jun 06, 2011, 05:23 PM
Editor, RCCA
Joined Nov 2004
3,212 Posts
+1

I would love to see footage of that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trf_414_m2 View Post
Any video of that 22 bike┤s final?

Sure it will be an awesome thing to see....
Guidoracer is offline Find More Posts by Guidoracer
Old Jun 06, 2011, 06:58 PM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,741 Posts
Wow... 22 Bikes!!.... that like Guidoracer's or Stubbyphilip's full collection on the track at once
Akura2 is offline Find More Posts by Akura2
Old Jun 07, 2011, 02:49 AM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,116 Posts
Here is a video of one of the wet Finals.
RC-Bike WM-Warmup Lostallo 1.Final Superbike (3 min 57 sec)
Old Jun 07, 2011, 02:56 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2007
663 Posts
I still have shivers running down my back thinking about the start of the first final, where 17 Bikes went through the first turn, on a soping wet track.. Unbelievable!
Gartenzwerg is offline Find More Posts by Gartenzwerg
Old Jun 07, 2011, 03:49 AM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,116 Posts
I forgot to mention that all 4 Jabbers were under the top ten after the timed practice.
Unluckally I was the only with a RainJabber.
Old Jun 07, 2011, 04:25 AM
Editor, RCCA
Joined Nov 2004
3,212 Posts
That is such an incredible track in a gorgeous setting. Lucky Swiss...
Guidoracer is offline Find More Posts by Guidoracer
Old Jun 07, 2011, 04:36 AM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuspain View Post
Congratulations Edi.
I told you some weeks ago on the spanish forum that the most dangerous bike (for the other competitors) would be the jabber.
How do you feel after so many time working on your concept, with nearly all the best world drivers on the biggest rc track in Europe ?
someone told me by phone you was using a 4.0. Really ????
Thanks Manu. You were right ;-) but at the Championship itself we will see the reality...
At the moment I am quite happy: Not only fastest driver but also designer of the fastest bike: thats something like Adrian Newey winning F1 races...*LOL*
Yes I was using a 4T Motor with a gearing of 11.5:1 (the telemetry of the ESC mumbled something like 129kph top speed)
Old Jun 07, 2011, 04:58 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,351 Posts
Who is that Adrian whats-his-name?! We only know our own Edi!!!!!!
steliosh is offline Find More Posts by steliosh
Old Jun 07, 2011, 05:29 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
8,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edi.winter View Post
Thanks Manu. You were right ;-) but at the Championship itself we will see the reality...
At the moment I am quite happy: Not only fastest driver but also designer of the fastest bike: thats something like Adrian Newey winning F1 races...*LOL*
Yes I was using a 4T Motor with a gearing of 11.5:1 (the telemetry of the ESC mumbled something like 129kph top speed)
Electric stock bike did drive not far away with super stock time ... that mean they were also "flying" over 100km/h on the track ...

The slowest class is definitely nitro now ... they just make noise, need to carry around fuel ... and they go slow ... I think they are still around only for vintage reasons

Anyhow ... race was on wet ... so result does not mean much ... so ... keep up Edi ... don't give nothing for granted

Anyhow ... I think some of your competitors will bring some good beer or other spirits ... for keep you up till late in the night before the real "Final" ... guess this is the most easy way to take out 1 Jabber from the podium

Tchuss

e_lm_70

ps: About Adrian Who (actually Adrian does not drive ... ) If I well remember time ago there was an Italian: Rolando Tradini, that was having his own RC Electric bike and was doing really good, if I don't see wrong, he is still doing some show up at the worlds ... he was also selling his bike in very very limited production ... back in 2004-2005 his bike was also consider the top ...

pps: Looking at the video, I felt sorry for the marshals ... what a awful job, stay on the track under the rain ... drivers were more lucky on their cover tower ...
e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Last edited by e_lm_70; Jun 07, 2011 at 05:39 AM.
Old Jun 07, 2011, 05:31 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,351 Posts
Rolando Tradii won last year's Nitro class with his own bike!
Sorry, Edi, you're not the first!!!!!
steliosh is offline Find More Posts by steliosh
Old Jun 07, 2011, 05:34 AM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,116 Posts
oh well...