HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old May 24, 2011, 02:14 AM
Registered User
edi.winter's Avatar
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,106 Posts
I thought this picture is worth it΄s own post.
Robert Kerber (GER) racing his Einibike sitting in the pits.
He is one of the coolest guys at the races. I really like him.
edi.winter is offline Find More Posts by edi.winter
Last edited by edi.winter; May 24, 2011 at 03:55 AM.
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old May 24, 2011, 03:29 AM
Occasional useful idiot...
Joined Nov 2009
1,402 Posts
The stockbike looks very scale with the painted swingarm.
Jonathan Bradbury is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury
Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2011, 09:06 PM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
Akura2's Avatar
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,661 Posts
Was the bike actually running in this picture or was it just posing for the photo?... if it was actually running.. what amazing lean!

Akura2 is offline Find More Posts by Akura2
Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2011, 12:47 AM
Registered User
edi.winter's Avatar
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,106 Posts
All pictures were taken in "action"
Looking at the picture closley I see I am using "60" crashbars.
Thats a leaning angle of 23-21°.
edi.winter is offline Find More Posts by edi.winter
Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2011, 04:32 AM
Registered User
sweden
Joined Jan 2008
139 Posts
Hallo edi.Loking at the profile of the front tire,are you using the new harder nf insert.The tt-insert seems wider and flatter in profile.
HASSE.D is offline Find More Posts by HASSE.D
Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2011, 05:17 AM
Registered User
edi.winter's Avatar
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,106 Posts
Nope. I use my own inserts.
edi.winter is offline Find More Posts by edi.winter
Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2011, 05:46 AM
Registered User
sweden
Joined Jan 2008
139 Posts
No surprise.Thats why the nice profile of both rear and front tires.Bet the inserts are harder to.
HASSE.D is offline Find More Posts by HASSE.D
Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2011, 11:43 AM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
Akura2's Avatar
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,661 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edi.winter View Post
Nope. I use my own inserts.
do you sell them?
Akura2 is offline Find More Posts by Akura2
Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2011, 02:36 PM
Registered User
edi.winter's Avatar
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,106 Posts
after Lostallo I might be ;-)
edi.winter is offline Find More Posts by edi.winter
Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2011, 02:57 PM
Registered User
swheels's Avatar
Joined Jan 2005
2,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akura2 View Post
Was the bike actually running in this picture or was it just posing for the photo?... if it was actually running.. what amazing lean!

Yeah that's insane!!!! I must admit..
swheels is offline Find More Posts by swheels
Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2011, 02:47 AM
Registered User
edi.winter's Avatar
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,106 Posts
300th Lipo anniversary for the 2011 yesterday. The Bike is tuned in: ready for the Warmup in Lostallo.

Its also about the 1000th Lipo since Feb.2010
equals approx. two Lipos a day.
Time for some statistics:
250h of driving
7500km on the track
30000 Laps
450.000.000 revolutions for the motors
16 Lipos ruined that gives a Lipo a lifetime of 62.5charges
80 PMT Tires worn: 45% Front and 55% Rear
15 Drivetrain Belts (500km/Belt)
4 Brake Servos (Platic gearing broke) using metal now
0 Motors used (CS-Electronic)
5 Rotors changed "getting weak"
20 Motor Bearings "sounding rough"
0 Escs burnt
0 Steering Servos smashed
8 Driver Figures "slightly" damaged
Jabber spares worth about €300 needed after crashes= "Attention on the strai*crack*ght" type of crashes.

One more thing:
Yesterday another Jabber driver nearly broke the 26sec./Lap hurdle at our home track. Congratulations!!!
edi.winter is offline Find More Posts by edi.winter
Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2011, 03:11 AM
Registered User
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,783 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edi.winter View Post
300th Lipo anniversary for the 2011 yesterday. The Bike is tuned in: ready for the Warmup in Lostallo.

Its also about the 1000th Lipo since Feb.2010
equals approx. two Lipos a day.
Time for some statistics:
250h of driving
7500km on the track
30000 Laps
450.000.000 revolutions for the motors
16 Lipos ruined that gives a Lipo a lifetime of 62.5charges
80 PMT Tires worn: 45% Front and 55% Rear
15 Drivetrain Belts (500km/Belt)
4 Brake Servos (Platic gearing broke) using metal now
0 Motors used (CS-Electronic)
5 Rotors changed "getting weak"
20 Motor Bearings "sounding rough"
0 Escs burnt
0 Steering Servos smashed
8 Driver Figures "slightly" damaged
Jabber spares worth about €300 needed after crashes= "Attention on the strai*crack*ght" type of crashes.

One more thing:
Yesterday another Jabber driver nearly broke the 26sec./Lap hurdle at our home track. Congratulations!!!
62 charges per Lipo

They are advertised to last over 500 cycles

As well ... tyre train last only ~20 charges ... so ... making each charge quite expensive ... at around ~50€ per tyre train ... each charge cost over 2€ in tyres ...

Tchuss

e_lm_70
e_lm_70 is online now Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2011, 05:27 AM
Registered User
edi.winter's Avatar
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,106 Posts
I dont think anyone really has ever counted up how many charges their Lipos hold for.
Most just get old lying around.
I really take care of mine: Storage charge, conservative charging currents, never undervoltaged.
and most important: I am running them in a bike so there are much lower currents.

....further..... concerning the €2 per charge:
one charge gives you about 15min. ride time in avarage.
So one Wheelset gives you at least 6h of biking (at the speed of a Jabber ).

At a compareable level of competion:
I have been told a set of tires on a 1:10th scale car gives you not much more than three runs 5mins long....
edi.winter is offline Find More Posts by edi.winter
Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2011, 04:24 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
JohnnyMc's Avatar
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,763 Posts
Edi,
I feel silly posting this but oh well. Im always looking for info that can educate me about this new hobby of rc bikes, street but mostly dirt bikes. Being a builder I think you probably have some good habits even though they may seem second nature to you. Im curious about the routines, note taking, or other tips you can give...

- For example, when you go to a track do you take notes while at track on settings you changed, how bike handled, lap time results of changes, and or take notes at home?
- Do you have a plan of what you want to test before going to track or not, maybe like focusing on suspension or steering that day?
- Do you keep notes organized like in a journal or spreadsheet?
- Do you keep track of bike settings for each track you go to?
- If a friend was getting into rc bikes, what sort of advice or tips would you give him?

Good luck at the worlds. Any suggestion would be appreciated thank you.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2011, 12:49 AM
Registered User
edi.winter's Avatar
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,106 Posts
Quote:
- For example, when you go to a track do you take notes while at track on settings you changed, how bike handled, lap time results of changes, and or take notes at home?
Yes
Quote:
- Do you have a plan of what you want to test before going to track or not, maybe like focusing on suspension or steering that day?
doubleyes
Quote:
- Do you keep notes organized like in a journal or spreadsheet?
yes (at home)
Quote:
- Do you keep track of bike settings for each track you go to?
yes
Quote:
- If a friend was getting into rc bikes, what sort of advice or tips would you give him?
dont make too much notes at the beginning just drive.

Takes care of (=setup)
the tires
leaning angle
steering springs
slowish motor
drivedrivedrive
feel free to ask as much as you can think of
dont give much intention about springs and oil... thats what cardrivers have to do.
edi.winter is offline Find More Posts by edi.winter
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Oops, must stop showing off wildpalms Parkflyers 6 Aug 08, 2012 02:46 AM
OFF TOPIC: Pics From Air Show ProLeisure Slope 1 Aug 26, 2003 01:10 PM
Showing Off Corona at Flyin Breakfast AirVenture Electric Heli Talk 2 Jul 13, 2003 01:00 PM
New prototype from China microflyer77 Scale Kit/Scratch Built 8 Sep 10, 2002 04:55 PM
Showing off with the Mini Max Vonbaron Parkflyers 1 May 15, 2002 01:14 PM