Old Apr 06, 2011, 03:04 PM
Espaņa, CL, Ávila
Joined Sep 2008
569 Posts
Freelance....

What a beautiful word....

A boss, maybe two, far far away.

A coffee on the table.

A blank sheet of paper/design window, some music, no idiots around you.

Big bucks at the end of the month...

Do you need a "freelance helping hand"?

PM me with details if interested...

Cesar.
trf_414_m2 is offline Find More Posts by trf_414_m2
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 06, 2011, 03:38 PM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trf_414_m2 View Post
Freelance....
What a beautiful word....
A boss, maybe two, far far away.
A coffee on the table.
A blank sheet of paper/design window, some music, no idiots around you.
Big bucks at the end of the month...
Do you need a "freelance helping hand"?
PM me with details if interested...

Cesar.
Thats about the right way to describe it
If you call my 5-7 customers "boss" then thats right too.
A coffee or a beer when it gets late *hick*
I have a 800W JBL 5.1 Stereo in my "office" so its >>>MUSIC<<< sometimes
big bucks is just a dream, tax, and social dues chew most of it up.
NO please no help.
I just need to add that I dont need a business suit, instead
I sit in front of the computer in my undies the whole day
if I want
edi.winter is offline Find More Posts by edi.winter
Old Apr 06, 2011, 05:40 PM
melbourne, australia
Joined Jun 2009
904 Posts
thats a nice insight into what you do edi....

....but we didnt need to know about the undies

cheers
a
ado1974 is online now Find More Posts by ado1974
Old Apr 07, 2011, 06:30 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
8,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edi.winter View Post
big bucks is just a dream, tax, and social dues chew most of it up.
Yeaps ... taxes are not cheap in Austria, but ... you pay for what you get

So ... it sound that your RC Byke is causing you lot of work in the night .. so beer on the day (on the track) ... plus coffee in the night

Anyhow ... you Bike development ... sound a nice brain training for your freelance activities ... but I guess winning a cup on Switzerland this summer will not really allow you to increase the price to your customers (I mean your bosses, not your Jabber owners)

Tchuss

e_lm_70
e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Apr 10, 2011, 01:19 PM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,115 Posts
Broke my Lap Avarage today:
We had perfect weather and put some sugarwater on the track.
Track temperature was 37°C and I used PMT200s. Actually impossible, but
I found how to make them work even at such high Temperatures.
Managed: 23Laps in 10:04,3. Thats an average of 26,27secs./Lap
with one fatal crash (29,2sec) Lap. Thats a 0,2secs. faster than last years
best ever average. Fastest Lap today was a 25,54sec. with 25sec. Laps
before and after that. Still this isnīt offical because I still have to take my
own times during driving myself.
This makes me feel quite chuffed, because I wasnt really
pushing it to the limit.
Last edited by edi.winter; Apr 10, 2011 at 01:29 PM.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 08:25 AM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,115 Posts
Had a quiet run at the track.
No IC Cars making noise.
Noone else around, just me and my bike:
Drove the run of a lifetime:
Broke the 26,0sec/Lap Average Timebarrier: 25,92sec/Lap.
New personal Lap Record: 25,32sec./Lap.
24 Laps in 10:21,98.
Worst Lap was a 26,42.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 02:45 AM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,115 Posts
Thinking (and dreaming) over yesterdays runs I am sure the bike was driving me. This was the first time since half a year a bike was faster than I could handle. My knees are still a bit shaky. This was the first time the 2011.1 showed its potential. It can handle massive grip on the track without chewing up the tires and staying superstable keeping the forces under control. Now I am sure it was worth all the work because it showed it is better than the 2010 by half a second (at least). My average is about a second faster, my best Laps nearly 1.5sec. faster than most other drivers can do on their fastest Laps.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 04:07 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
8,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edi.winter View Post
Thinking (and dreaming) over yesterdays runs I am sure the bike was driving me. This was the first time since half a year a bike was faster than I could handle. My knees are still a bit shaky. This was the first time the 2011.1 showed its potential. It can handle massive grip on the track without chewing up the tires and staying superstable keeping the forces under control. Now I am sure it was worth all the work because it showed it is better than the 2010 by half a second (at least). My average is about a second faster, my best Laps nearly 1.5sec. faster than most other drivers can do on their fastest Laps.
"the bike was driving me" ... was a dream or a nightmare ?

Anyhow ... it sound you are ready for a Swiss CUP ... if your knees will survive the stress ...

Anyhow ... are you testing your bike in Austria or in Losallo ? I mean The 25.xx times are from your local track or from Switzerland ... because ... each track is different ... and tune a bike on one, does not mean is perfectly tuned also in a different one ... as well ... you are tuning a lot on cold track ... while race will be hopefully on a warm day ... quite a difference (at least was making a lot of difference for an RC car)

Tchuss

e_lm_70

ps: Since I move out of austria ... I have no more any RC track around ... I start to miss my weekend racing my 1:10 F1, even if I was a poor driver ... also my few experiments with my TT and the HOR on a 1:10 track ... now with plenty of potato fields around ... all I can do is fly my RC birds (not even always all my birds, since with sometime wind up to 100km/h only my strongest birds can take off)
e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Apr 12, 2011, 04:23 AM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,115 Posts
Haha, if those where the times from Lostallo they would find a reason to ban me from the race . Bikes are a bit different than cars: usually if they work well they work everywhere. It is just the tires and the leaning angle that have to be changed according to the different tracks.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 11:59 AM
Jev
Joined Sep 2005
295 Posts
Don't you think we need PMT to make 300 or 400 compound tyres if you can get 200's to work on a warm track?
Jev is offline Find More Posts by Jev
Old Apr 12, 2011, 12:47 PM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,115 Posts
I only have one set of prototype parts so I had to make a decision what tyres to glue.
Never thought it would be so hot. I had to try with what I got. I think the bike would
have wreaked havoc on a set of 010s. No I dont think 300s would be a good idea, but
the soft 200s from last year would resemble something like 300s....
Old Apr 12, 2011, 03:47 PM
I'm not totally useless..
Drunen. NL
Joined Sep 2003
407 Posts
Quote:
.....because it showed it is better than the 2010 by half a second (at least).
Just curious, have you ever tested the 2010 Jabber recently?
Just thinking about all the batteries you have run now (with all the versions bikes) could it be that your driving skills improved a few tenths over the year?? Or is it all in the bike design you think?
radical ron is offline Find More Posts by radical ron
Old Apr 12, 2011, 03:53 PM
Jev
Joined Sep 2005
295 Posts
Well 300's is excatly what we need here for damp tracks. BRCA rules are that tyres you use have to be commercially available and it's problem here as new people are not going to want to race against people with unobtainium tyres. PMT quality control leave a lot to be desired.

What you might be finding is that tyres that have been heat cycled to a high temperature are being hardend. If I put a wheel with grp tyre in oven to melt superglue and one with pmt, the grp is ok whereas the pmt has totaly changed consistancy. So the 200 might be lossing their stickyness because of that.
Jev is offline Find More Posts by Jev
Old Apr 12, 2011, 03:54 PM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,115 Posts
@radical Ron: I balanced out at that average last year, no more improvement. Only when I found a little bit of technical improvement it made a minor jump. But you are right I should try one just for safety and fun. On the other hand I am sure the "old" bike never felt like the new one was yesterday, and I dont think it could have coped with the amount of grip generated.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 04:00 PM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jev View Post
Well 300's is excatly what we need here for damp tracks. BRCA rules are that tyres you use have to be commercially available and it's problem here as new people are not going to want to race against people with unobtainium tyres. PMT quality control leave a lot to be desired.

What you might be finding is that tyres that have been heat cycled to a high temperature are being hardend. If I put a wheel with grp tyre in oven to melt superglue and one with pmt, the grp is ok whereas the pmt has totaly changed consistancy. So the 200 might be lossing their stickyness because of that.
I mentioned on a other thread: never use the "wet" tires in the dry. save a set of 200s (100s also work) just for damp and rainy. They loose their tacky compound instantly if you use them in the dry. So ONE set of 200s for the dry and one set for the rain. And there are still a few of those "wrong" 200s around they equal your wished for 300s. Those tires are unbelievable in the wet. After a run those tires feel like touching a sticky tape.