HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 11, 2011, 04:17 AM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steliosh View Post
I know at least ONE bike more expensive than ANY ESC!!!!
It's called JABBER-something V3.9282345 or so... I hear!
yeah heard of that thing too....... I am so envious because it seems to be fun to drive ... *LOL*
edi.winter is offline Find More Posts by edi.winter
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2011, 03:27 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gartenzwerg View Post
The maximum voltage of 10.27V from a 2S Lipo is a little scary ;-)

I only believe in GPS loggers to tell the speed, the gearing gives sometimes strange values. Altough I do believe your bike could easily do 100 kph.
Quote:
Originally Posted by edi.winter View Post
Voltage comes from braking. Check the GM Forum for that.
The GPS Logger is close to the Esc Telemetry.. +/-5kph
Hi Edi,

It is always a pleasure to read your post about your own bike

Anyhow, Gartenzwerg has a point ...

Back on my old time (~5/6 years ago) experimenting with old watt logger (old now, but was state of art ) ... In a rc brushless car ... with old shultze Esc ... I was seeing high pick of current back from ESC to the battery .... under braking ...

Burst charging current back, on a NiMh pack, is not a problem, actually ... is usefully for charge back the pack

But ... on my old LiPo was not so good ... I think I did puff my old Kokam 20C 3300mAh due to this ... (paid a fortune back in ~2005 for it )

Now ... the LiPo technology is improved a lot ... I see cells capable to handle 5C charge on the market ...

But still ... it may be an issue for the LiPo ...

Probably on the Bike ... is less then an issue then on the cars ... since the energy to be "wasted" in braking is less ...

Still ... the front mechanical brake ... and a good high capacitor around the batt ... can help to longer the life of the LiPo

Tchuss

e_lm_70

ps: My old USB power logger was able to log the current and voltage every second ... and somehow ... was showing also the reverse current ... actually was bugged ... after a reverse current ... the logger did change the value associate to the 0 current ... after a reverse of 10amp ... the new 0 absorbing current ... was shown +10 amp ... not perfectly engineered watt meter logger .... had a chat (here on rcgroups, or some other forum) long time ago with producer too
e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Feb 12, 2011, 04:37 AM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,104 Posts
Thanks for the hint.
I will ask the ESC maker about this. Its a very modern highly developed thing so I think they looked into this too...
Old Feb 14, 2011, 07:04 AM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,104 Posts
I loooove borderlines:
At the moment the Spur Gears on the new bike are simply falling apart under full power acceleration *LOL*. I changed down to overall 20% smaler diameter on the pionion and spur so theres more torque they have to handle. I didnt ruin one spur whole of last season and now there are already 3 in the bin.
Must be the low Temperatures at the moment too. I cant brake them at home when they are warm. But after a few laps on the track they just desintegrate.
Old Feb 14, 2011, 09:02 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,234 Posts
Quote:
I loooove borderlines:
At the moment the Spur Gears on the new bike are simply falling apart under full power acceleration *LOL*. I changed down to overall 20% smaler diameter on the pionion and spur so theres more torque they have to handle. I didnt ruin one spur whole of last season and now there are already 3 in the bin.
Must be the low Temperatures at the moment too. I cant brake them at home when they are warm. But after a few laps on the track they just desintegrate.

Time to move on bigger teeth ... are you using the 64p or 0.4mm ?
e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Feb 14, 2011, 11:13 AM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,104 Posts
48dp
Old Feb 16, 2011, 10:26 AM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,104 Posts
My hopes....

I am happily doing at least "a Lipo a day......." or two or three. Doing lap after lap getting used to the "2011". Today I drove low 26sec Laps. Not bad.
But somehow scary for 5°C Track Temperature using mushy PMT200Profile tires.

Either it is scary because now I think the high 25sec. record I drove last summer could be the physical limit for 1:5th Bikes on this track.
Otherwise it shouldnt be possible to get such low times under these circumstances compared to the times during last summer.
I made a direct comparison with a old "2010"(same tires) and it was only slightly slower.
BUT my hope is that
its scary because this bike is going to beat hell out of me in summer once the temperatures rise
Old Feb 19, 2011, 09:58 AM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,104 Posts
Used my first rear tire this season (31 Lipo charges). It worked until it was worn through.
I only started feeling that the bike was a bit funny in the rear. So this is
another developement that works.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 06:08 AM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,104 Posts
Old and new front dropout for the SB5 Front WHeel and Brake Assembly on a Alleven CrMo Motoproto. I reduced the travel to 16mm found that enough.
Note the new "patented" ZeroZipTieDesign (ZZTD™) *LOL*
Old Feb 21, 2011, 06:27 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2007
644 Posts
No Zipties, yes. But what about the heat-shrink? That weighs something too!
Come on, invent some vacuum supraconductors that don't need heavy insulation, or wires at all - we know you can :-D Edit: And the bike deserves it! *grin*

On a sidenote - the clearance between the front wheel and the battery looks almost as close as on my NF Bike. But since you have no Crash-Back, this should make no problems on your bike.. ;-)
Gartenzwerg is online now Find More Posts by Gartenzwerg
Old Feb 21, 2011, 06:44 AM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,104 Posts
Well..... but I dont have to remove the heatshrik when I take the Brake saddle off the Bike

It does have a crashback: If it crashes it breaks *LOL*
.... the design with the two Carbon Plate Headstock has enough flex to keep most of the impact from the Forks. I only smashed one or two of the bottom plates when I drove into bikes that where (silently) in the way at highest speed on the straights. And even then the Forks kept up with it. Never had a real Fork "write off".
Old Mar 09, 2011, 04:22 AM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,104 Posts
Thought I put up the Lostallo Video here too to keep all information together:
Thats a Jabber 2011 "Lostallo" on the Track in Lostallo where the 2011 World Championship will be held.
I drove 22 Charges in two days. Didnt have so much time: the sun came out 10:00 and went 16:00. The Bike itself didnt show any major problems. I went there last weekend just to collect plenty laps. Did a lot of testing with motors. From 6T Delta up to 9T Deltas. DId a lot of optimizing with the ESC and the Gearing. Thats just about it. The Track itself wasnt really warm air Temp was between 8-12°C. Still managed low 33 to 34 secs./Lap.

On the Video theres a 9T Delta yelling for mercy down the straight had it a bit "long". I wont tell you what Revs the Telemetry said, you wouldnt believe me. The tires on this run where crap, you hear me scolding them in the background.

1/5th RC Bike on the Track in Lostallo (4 min 8 sec)
Old Mar 10, 2011, 02:58 PM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,647 Posts
Wish I could see a Jabber here in the 'States...

I REALLY like the ability to use the TT front brake system with the Alleven forks... no more worries about cables, and finding a place to mount a brake servo.. I have an Einibike now (with the Eini forks), but I still have a set of Alleven forks on another bike that could use this system (great forks)
Akura2 is offline Find More Posts by Akura2
Old Mar 11, 2011, 01:28 AM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,104 Posts
I am in contact with Patrick, gave him all the drawings....
Old Mar 11, 2011, 04:24 PM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,647 Posts
Quote:
I am in contact with Patrick, gave him all the drawings....
VERY cool!!

I'll have to talk to Pat about whether or not he's going to put that into production
Akura2 is offline Find More Posts by Akura2