Roki with his секрет talents!!!!

steliosh is offline Find More Posts by steliosh
Old Nov 27, 2010, 03:42 AM
cape town
Joined Apr 2006
225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edi.winter View Post
They used some sort of dragster grip stuff on the track + the foam tires made driving REAL fun.
Hi Edi. Here we know that stuff as "Trackbite". It gives insane amounts of grip, but the biggest thing is how hungry I get every time it gets sprayed onto the surface.
KermitGTT is offline Find More Posts by KermitGTT
Old Nov 27, 2010, 05:59 PM
Espaņa, CL, Ávila
Joined Sep 2008
560 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KermitGTT View Post
... but the biggest thing is how hungry I get every time it gets sprayed onto the surface....
Does it smell like barbecue sauce or what?

trf_414_m2 is offline Find More Posts by trf_414_m2
Old Nov 28, 2010, 02:36 AM
cape town
Joined Apr 2006
225 Posts
No. It has this sweet smell that just lingers next to the track. The food stands at the track makes a killing in the morning after it has been sprayed.
KermitGTT is offline Find More Posts by KermitGTT
Old Dec 02, 2010, 10:51 AM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,107 Posts
I finished the design of the 2011 "Lostallo" this week. Took me a exactly a month to finish. I nearly lost the last bit of sanity I still had. Just as a hint what I mean: I wrote I "lowered chassis weight by 10%" in a earlier post......thats a insane 23g less *ROFL* the ESC and Receiver are placed so, that I dont need any extensions and the wires to the LIPO and Motor are as short as possible.... I hope I thought of everything I even tried to reduce the use of Cable-Zip-Ties to ZERO (HEY!!! A ZIP-TIE WEIGHS 0.18grams SO DONT LAUGH). All I will need to keep everything in place is a square inch of double sided tape (thats 0.9grams).....or for example not one measurement in the whole bike equals "13,0mm".
....oh and did I mention that I had a pastor, a celtic witch, a pixie and a voodo priest approve every decision that had to be done. A elf had to switch on my workstation in the morning, a virgin brought me my coffee and after a days work 7 dwarfs cleard away the dead chickens that had to be sacrificed if I wasnt sure what to do.....

But after all that:
Basicly its the same as the 2010 bike but with headroom for any change I could think of until now. I can even use the SB5 front end if I want to. Its a hybrid of everything I made until now with all the best from every concept. And I tried to remove the cause of every little mishap I had during this season...
edi.winter is offline Find More Posts by edi.winter
Old Dec 02, 2010, 10:58 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,303 Posts
It only remains to be seen if it... works!
If it doesn't work *perfectly*, don't throw it away! Put it in a box and send it over to sunny Greece!!!!
steliosh is offline Find More Posts by steliosh
Old Dec 02, 2010, 12:25 PM
I'm hooked on RC Moto
Berkeley
Joined Jun 2006
1,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edi.winter View Post
I finished the design of the 2011 "Lostallo" this week. Took me a exactly a month to finish. I nearly lost the last bit of sanity I still had. Just as a hint what I mean: I wrote I "lowered chassis weight by 10%" in a earlier post......thats a insane 23g less *ROFL* the ESC and Receiver are placed so, that I dont need any extensions and the wires to the LIPO and Motor are as short as possible.... I hope I thought of everything I even tried to reduce the use of Cable-Zip-Ties to ZERO (HEY!!! A ZIP-TIE WEIGHS 0.18grams SO DONT LAUGH). All I will need to keep everything in place is a square inch of double sided tape (thats 0.9grams).....or for example not one measurement in the whole bike equals "13,0mm".
....oh and did I mention that I had a pastor, a celtic witch, a pixie and a voodo priest approve every decision that had to be done. A elf had to switch on my workstation in the morning, a virgin brought me my coffee and after a days work 7 dwarfs cleard away the dead chickens that had to be sacrificed if I wasnt sure what to do.....

But after all that:
Basicly its the same as the 2010 bike but with headroom for any change I could think of until now. I can even use the SB5 front end if I want to. Its a hybrid of everything I made until now with all the best from every concept. And I tried to remove the cause of every little mishap I had during this season...

Edi,
You are frikkin brilliant.
I love your sense humor and your tenacity for perfection is astounding.
I truly wish you the best of luck with this bike.
There are other brilliant designers out there that deserve accolades for what they have done. But nobody brings as much humor and joy to RC-Biking like you do. IMHO
stubbyphilips is offline Find More Posts by stubbyphilips
Old Dec 02, 2010, 11:21 PM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,677 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steliosh View Post
It only remains to be seen if it... works!
If it doesn't work *perfectly*, don't throw it away! Put it in a box and send it over to sunny Greece!!!!
Or sunny California... Would love to test one for the podcast
Akura2 is offline Find More Posts by Akura2
Old Dec 03, 2010, 01:27 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2007
656 Posts
..can't wait for the Warm-Up! ;-)
Gartenzwerg is online now Find More Posts by Gartenzwerg
Old Dec 03, 2010, 03:35 AM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,107 Posts
Akura just seeded a idea....any Editors reading this Thread? Any one want to test a Jabber? I canīt(wonīt) pay anything, its just in case your bored over winter and have the possibility to drive it for a week. I could send the Generation 4 Bike for testing (my Rainbike, see post #134 and #187). All you would need to do is put in your Receiver and a Hardcase Lipo. PM me, maybe with some sort of reference. You will need to assure me (NDA) that you take care of it and dont let anyone else but you put his sticky fingers on it
Old Dec 03, 2010, 08:59 AM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,107 Posts
Been fiddling around with the Cable for the brake servo during the day. At last I can be sure the cable doesnt chaff against the tire and I dont need any sticky tape or Zip-tie to keep it in place (now its a ZEROZIPTIEBIKE). And its a all in one Assembly. One screw to take it off the Fork dropout and unplug it from the receiver....*whew! at last*
Old Dec 03, 2010, 05:00 PM
Espaņa, CL, Ávila
Joined Sep 2008
560 Posts
Impresive bike, just the same of all your previous ones...

I took a close look at the last pic of the complete bike you showed us and I think that too many people could want to know more about that constant volume steering shock.

Is it possible or is it a NATO secret not displayed at Wikileaks.com?

trf_414_m2 is offline Find More Posts by trf_414_m2
Old Dec 04, 2010, 01:55 AM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trf_414_m2 View Post
I took a close look at the last pic of the complete bike you showed us and I think that too many people could want to know more about that constant volume steering shock.

Is it possible or is it a NATO secret not displayed at Wikileaks.com?

No its beyond that not even the Pentagon knows it exists:
It is Anderson 1/5th EP Motorrace Part# M59530 *LOL*
Old Dec 11, 2010, 04:54 AM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,107 Posts
I hope this doesnt count as spam:

I bought myself a Eagle Tree Data Recorder for christmas
With all the options, I dont really need but is fun to play with.

2.4Ghz Dashboard Wireless Telemetry
G-Force Sensor
GPS Sensor
Temp Sensor
Brushless Rev. Sensor
AMP. Sensor

I actually bought it for the G-Force Sensor because I NEED (not really)
to know how many Gīs a bike is "pulling" through turns.

Guess it will log things I never wanted to know but it will tell me anyway..

It works perfectly, and I think I will manage to stuff it all into my testbed Bike.