HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 27, 2010, 12:27 PM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,104 Posts
I made a new onboard video. There are a few fast high 26sec laps.
I canīt get a perfect lap with the cam onboard...... so what ...
The best laps I have done are high 25sec... one sec faster
It looks crazy but thats what it looks like out the front on this bike.
Note the front tire going up and down under acceleration and braking.

Before someone asks, its a PMT 100 on a Motoproto Fork a CS-Electronics
9TDelta screaming in the background and now and then you can hear the
scratchbars..... dont ask how I manage to drive this motor without any
wheelies all I can say is that everytime I come from the drivers stand sweat is
running down my crevice...and my eyeballs have dried out

I like the "radioactive" clicking of the servo at the end...

1/5th RC - Bike (Front Tyre View) (5 min 3 sec)
edi.winter is online now Find More Posts by edi.winter
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 02, 2010, 01:29 PM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,104 Posts
I thought I have to "up" this Picture.
I am in the middle of developement
for the Thunder Tiger RC-Bike Team
so I had a few "Guests" lying on the
floor in my Office:

Jabber Generation 1.1
Jabber Generation 3.0
Jabber Genreation 4.0
Jabber Generation 6.0
Thunder Tiger SB5
Old Jun 07, 2010, 06:47 AM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,104 Posts
The Thunder Tiger Teammates went to a RC-Bike meeting this weekend and they took me with them. Olli, Aaron, Alex on their SB5s and me with the JABBER. It was just a two day free practice session with the AMB switched on. So all we had to do is go for the fastest lap of the weekend or the overall Lap record for bikes. Here is the Track Track length is about 240m the furthest point is 60 bloody meters (197feet) from the drivers stand AND the track is sloping downwards from there. Hell the bike is small from up there..... It doesnt look like a tough track but it sure is.

We arrived Friday evening built up all the camping and prepared for the night. The generator didnt work so it was a "romantic" evening without electricity. I got up Sat morning around 0600 threw a battery in my bike and started "learning" the course. Aaron and Alex followed shortly after.... THEN we had breakfast and the other drivers slowly turned up. Around 0900 the AMB was switched on:
Three Lipos later I broke the lap record that was 20,4secs up to date. In the end I set the Lap record to 19,168secs. Next best was Aaron with a 19,380. All four of us (none of the others) went below the 20sec. by the end of the weekend. Thats a average speed of about 45km/h (28mph) !! (my home track is 35km/h Grenoble has around 45km/h and Leipzig 46,7km/h).

Oh! by the way I did over 750 laps throughout the weekend.... and I still havent ruined the Generation IV Prototype, I am waiting for something to break so I can throw it away and move on to the latest Proto thats still waiting ........
Last edited by edi.winter; Jun 07, 2010 at 07:36 AM.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 07:40 AM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,104 Posts
The Story to the scribble:

I just came across this sketch again between a lot papers. I nearly threw it away:

This is the very first scribble of the bike. Its on the back of a Serpent 960/08 Setup sheet its not dated but it must be around mid April ī09.

This brings memories up from "longlong" ago :

I was sitting in front of my Serpent 960/08 slightly frustrated because the bloody car had just chewed through ANOTHER Novarossi "Collari" WC Edition.......
Wondering what to do next I was watching Aarons Bike (a HEAVILY Tuned TT-F1e) happily hopping and bouncing past me. 50%Aaron was in control, 25% the bike and 25% was just pure luck.... Now and then it was wheelying out of control, or it was just the bumps on the track that sent it flying.

That was the first day I actually really WATCHED a bike, up to that day they were just in the way and a bit of a nuisance.....

At the end of the day Aaron seemed quite happy with the performance of his bike. I then put my foot in the crap when I told him what I thought of it *lol*....what biker would like to hear my straighforward words knowing the dislike and zero interest in RC-Biking I had always stated up to that very day
After a while I said the words I still regret:
"if I would design a bike I would put the motor on the swingarm" the below sketch is the scribbles I did explaining Aaron what I meant and why I thought it was better than anything else. He then looked at me with his ""special" look and with a "special" tone in his voice he said: "I WANT this bike!"......"Would you design that bike with me?"...
Old Jun 10, 2010, 09:07 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,263 Posts
...this is how HISTORY is written!
steliosh is offline Find More Posts by steliosh
Old Jun 28, 2010, 01:32 AM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,104 Posts
360 Charges through this bike. A lot of testing done. It just doesnt quit! Now I know why RC-biking is no business....

I am wondering if I should write a little setupboklet, what would people "donate" for such a short PDF document....??
Old Jun 28, 2010, 01:44 PM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,263 Posts
Will you be at Aigen/Schlag next Sunday, then??!!
Old Jun 29, 2010, 04:59 AM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,104 Posts
Yes I will be. Why are you asking?
Old Jun 29, 2010, 07:01 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2007
640 Posts
He is currently on a motorcycle trip around europe, and will be visiting us on Sunday.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1258585

Let's hope for good weather this time, my Bikes are ready!
Gartenzwerg is offline Find More Posts by Gartenzwerg
Old Jun 30, 2010, 02:29 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,263 Posts
i m at Tolmezzo, and today we are riding towards Heufeld Bavaria... Tomorrow we are going to CZ. I will keep you posted!!!
Old Jul 01, 2010, 06:06 AM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,104 Posts
As already mentioned further up we will be racing this weekend in Aigen-Schlagl.

They also have a Webcam. It only works with Internet Explorer.
On the below right you have to log in with "gast" and password "gast".
So if youre bored on sunday afternoon (CET) check it out.
Old Jul 08, 2010, 02:07 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,263 Posts
been there myself too! Pics and videos in the weekend! Too much to sort out quickly!!!!

It was a great pleasure to meet you guys and talk with you!!!!!!
Old Jul 12, 2010, 02:55 AM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,104 Posts
After 390 Charges I have put the Generation IV Prototype to rest. Not because its broken, just because I have no spares for this bike.

I put the latest and greatest Generation VI together last Monday and tested it from thursday to sunday. Its more stable on the brakes and seems to react better overall. Maybe its just in my head because its the "NEW BIKE" *LOL*
But I managed a 25.4sec. overall Lap Record and can easily average 26.4secs. So it IS faster against the clock....and its even easier to drive than the old one.

So up to now I have driven 420 Charges thats over 3000 km with a Rc-bike. Thats 2 times Grenoble and back from where I live
Old Jul 14, 2010, 07:38 AM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,104 Posts
I have been playing around with the Thunder Tiger Kit Tyre that comes with the SB5...
Conclusion = its a waste of time and money.

It worked surprisingly enough on monday morning on a relativley cool track and I thought: Well not bad. I didnt have enough time to check on a second charge I had other more important things to do. On tuesday I tried it again and suddenly it lost traction after first doing a acceptable job. Today the tire didnt work at all anymore. I couldnt even get the bike up.... It seems to either only work when brand new or in a very narrow temperature window or both or not at all. However its a pain in the neck: Dont waste your time with them.

EDIT:

Haha I must be the biggest Twit ever.... I just found out that the TT Tires NEVER worked. I wrote "TT" on a set of 100PMT AND on the TT Tires. I just was quite confused but I have sorted it out now.... I must have had the PMTs on the bike on monday......
Last edited by edi.winter; Jul 14, 2010 at 08:32 AM.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 09:29 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,234 Posts
Congratulation Edi ...

Long time not messing around with my RC "stuffs" ... but I remember that back in 2004/2005 ... there was almost nobody doing RC Bikes in Austria ...

Tchuss

e_lm_70
e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70