Old Feb 16, 2013, 03:29 PM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,519 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacaur View Post
but I don't see any down thrust...
It may not be apparent but there is a whisker of down angle, this keeps the plane from gaining altitude under throttle.
valiantGLX is offline Find More Posts by valiantGLX
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2013, 04:49 PM
Joined Nov 2012
103 Posts
Binding

Well well.

I was about to star to repair this airship and wanted first to bind it to my DX6i to be sure everything was fine.

Impossible to bind...

Battery is fully loaded. Have triggered the training switch and hit the power button. Nothing. Tried waiting a few seconds before releasing the training switch, or released immediately as stated in the notice. Useless. Tried at 30 meters distance. Same. Went out of my home fearing interferences between rx and tx. No effect.

Strange since the tx works with my other planes and the Mustang already bound long time ago to same tx.

I have no clue here...
Speedy Gonzales is offline Find More Posts by Speedy Gonzales
Last edited by Speedy Gonzales; Feb 18, 2013 at 08:09 AM.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 05:04 PM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,519 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy Gonzales View Post
Well well.

I was about to star to repair this airship and wanted first to bind it to my DX6i to be sure everything was fine.

Impossible to bind...

Battery is fully loaded. Have triggered the training command and hit the power button. Nothing. Tried waiting a few seconds before releasing the training command, or released immediately as stated in the notice. Useless. Tried at 30 meters distance. Same. Went out of my home fearing interferences between rx and tx. No effect.

Strange since the tx works with my other planes and the Mustang already binded long time ago to same tx.

I have no clue here...
Plug in the battery, wait until the light stars flashing, hold down the trainer switch (bind button), turn on the transmitter, wait a few seconds, release the trainer switch (bind button) wait a few more seconds, the light on the receiver should go solid and it should then be bound
Old Feb 17, 2013, 05:15 PM
Joined Nov 2012
103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiantGLX View Post
Plug in the battery, wait until the light stars flashing, hold down the trainer switch (bind button), turn on the transmitter, wait a few seconds, release the trainer switch (bind button) wait a few more seconds, the light on the receiver should go solid and it should then be bound
Did that so many times...

I have not waited more than 10 seconds holding the switch. Should I try longer? The notice says to release the switch when the bind word starts blinking...
Last edited by Speedy Gonzales; Feb 18, 2013 at 08:07 AM.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 09:47 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jul 2010
4,362 Posts
Try another TX. I have had some problems with binding the AR6400 bricks. There's one that just wouldn't bind. Turn on the airplane first, wait for blinking light and then turn on the TX.
Cheese5 is offline Find More Posts by Cheese5
Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:25 PM
Joined Aug 2012
546 Posts
is this a viable option for someone who has only flown a champ. I have cp helis and just got a champ but want more versatility. this is a nice price and i want to pull the trigger, people are recomending the t28 but this is cheaper and looks cool
Greg Head is offline Find More Posts by Greg Head
Old Feb 18, 2013, 03:07 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,519 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Head View Post
is this a viable option for someone who has only flown a champ. I have cp helis and just got a champ but want more versatility. this is a nice price and i want to pull the trigger, people are recomending the t28 but this is cheaper and looks cool
It was my first plane, and the first time I flew it it was pretty windy and gusty. I got three packs through it before getting cocky and crashing upside down, which only snapped the vertical stabiliser. A bit of CA and it was back in the air

Point being if you have any more experience than none you'll be flying this thing like an ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy Gonzales View Post
Did that so many times...

I have not waited more than 10 seconds holding the switch. Should I try longer? The notice says to release the swith when the bind word starts blinking...
What transmitter are you using?
Old Feb 18, 2013, 06:23 AM
I am GBLynden
United States, WA, Lynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,555 Posts
Quote:
I went from the Champ to this and it prompted me to buy a DX6i. So what that should tell you is that it is not a smooth transition, but it is surely possible.
GBLynden is offline Find More Posts by GBLynden
Old Feb 18, 2013, 07:31 AM
Warbird Enthusiast
Long Island, NY
Joined Jan 2008
5,275 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBLynden View Post
I went from the Champ to this and it prompted me to buy a DX6i. So what that should tell you is that it is not a smooth transition, but it is surely possible.
Guy's...going from the Champ to the P-51 with ailerons could be an easy transition using a DX6, 7 or 8.... I say this because now you can not only set dual rates but you can add 30% or more expo to your ailerons and tame that Mustang down so it's not so responsive.
LICobra is online now Find More Posts by LICobra
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FMS P-51 4 blade vs 2 blade
Old Feb 18, 2013, 08:09 AM
Joined Nov 2012
103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiantGLX View Post

What transmitter are you using?
A Dx6i
Old Feb 18, 2013, 10:48 AM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,846 Posts
If I remember correctlly Speedy...

Plug in the plane first. Wait for blinking LED on the RX. Then holding the training switch towards you...turn on the tx. Keep holding that switch untill the LED goes solid.
lee
leethetreeguy is online now Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Old Feb 18, 2013, 10:50 AM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,846 Posts
Ohh, and the Mustang is not a good secound plane to learn 4th channel on.
It was my first plane. I loved it. But, dang, it sure took a beatin. Wished I had got the
Trojan now. It is still one of my FAV's to fly.
Lee
leethetreeguy is online now Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Old Feb 18, 2013, 11:44 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,764 Posts
When looking for the P-51 on the 'Net,one choice is Amazon. If you go there, you discover a version of the plane is offered as a brushless BNF, but at a whopping $100 more. It says it has a 3 cell and is brushless, but only at 960Kv. I guess it's discontinued, but how would this thing fly with a big, heavy 3 cell in it? The spare motor is expensive and looks like it's also quite large. Is it truly the same plane or is it bigger (they don't give you wing size)?
Parts:
http://secure.hobbyzone.com/catalog/...listType=parts
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old Feb 18, 2013, 11:49 AM
United States, CA
Joined Jul 2010
4,362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack View Post
When looking for the P-51 on the 'Net,one choice is Amazon. If you go there, you discover a version of the plane is offered as a brushless BNF, but at a whopping $100 more. It says it has a 3 cell and is brushless, but only at 960Kv. I guess it's discontinued, but how would this thing fly with a big, heavy 3 cell in it? The spare motor is expensive and looks like it's also quite large. Is it truly the same plane or is it bigger (they don't give you wing size)?
Parts:
http://secure.hobbyzone.com/catalog/...listType=parts
You've found the 39in brushless p-51! Its not the same one that we have, ours is 16in brushed 1S. Its more of a parkflyer than backyard one. If that were true, we would have a rocket mustang with more than a 2:1 T/W ratio!
Cheese5 is offline Find More Posts by Cheese5
Old Feb 18, 2013, 12:02 PM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,764 Posts
I figured that must be the case. If for no other reason, I prefer the smaller planes for transport. The boxes they come in are easy to fit in just about any vehicle.
In the recent brushless discussions, some of the same scenarios are those gone through in "the good ol' days" of the Honey Bee Fixed Pitch heli where the small brushless motors were used for tail rotor motors. Walkera also uses/used small brushless motors and ESC's for the 4#3b and BC-100 heli's. When I go to ClubHeli and look for replacement motors, they only show the brushless tail motor. If I look at their mCPx upgrade motors, they have an 11Kv motor with a 1 mm shaft:

http://www.clubheli.com/CO5M-with-cu...OR_p_3990.html
They don't show an ESC in the parts for the heli.
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack