HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 05, 2009, 10:37 AM
Joined Apr 2005
350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBABBEL
Somebody please throw on some Tri-Flow on that greabox!

Simple fix if it works. Might be all it needs.

Awesome stuff on my um Sukhoi and helis.

rc
First thing I did was open her up and lube her.We learned with the cessna.
Bradley Crandall is online now Find More Posts by Bradley Crandall
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2009, 11:23 AM
thE hACkeR
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Apr 2009
277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Hoorn
What quieted the gears on my Sukhoi is a lubricant called Jig-A-Loo. I purchased it originally at Home Depot to quiet door hinges in my home. I have since found that it is better than silicon lube, not messy or staining like Tri-Flow or WD-40 and seems to last just as long. It has worked on gears, door hinges and just about anywhere else where a liquid lube is required.
Gary

hacker002 is offline Find More Posts by hacker002
Last edited by hacker002; Apr 25, 2010 at 02:08 PM.
Old Oct 05, 2009, 11:29 AM
Seattle
Joined Dec 2008
281 Posts
You guys think a dab of white lithium grease would work? Or would it not play nice with the foam?
Jaguar_5 is offline Find More Posts by Jaguar_5
Old Oct 05, 2009, 11:31 AM
Joined Sep 2009
182 Posts
it is better than shukoi
more fast and aerobatic??
maRRRco is offline Find More Posts by maRRRco
Old Oct 05, 2009, 11:33 AM
Avon,IN
Joined Dec 2007
33 Posts
The first thing I did after the first flight/pulsing problem was to open it up and tri-flow the gears. It was no help at all. The mesh is just way too tight. When I spin the prop on the Sukhoi, it spins freely for several revoulutions. Spinning the P51 prop yields less than half a revolution.

Of course no amount of Tri-flow can fix the rust all over the landing gear and control rods. Horizon provided excellent support and is replacing the plane but it looks like it will take a few weeks before there are any in stock.
tsever00 is offline Find More Posts by tsever00
Old Oct 05, 2009, 12:16 PM
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Joined Jul 2007
1,013 Posts
I also have one coming in the mail. Can someone suggest a good 'maiden' setup for my DX6i? This will be my first 4ch (aileron) plane.

Thanks!

Jay
Faethor is offline Find More Posts by Faethor
Old Oct 05, 2009, 12:30 PM
Doing it in the Lateral Axis
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maRRRco
it is better than shukoi
more fast and aerobatic??
no.
modfly is offline Find More Posts by modfly
Old Oct 05, 2009, 12:47 PM
Gulf Breeze, FL
Joined Jul 2006
2,945 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssstraub
Does anyone know of a good source for double-sided tape?
You can get double sided carpet tape at almost any department store.

Gene K
speedy01 is offline Find More Posts by speedy01
Old Oct 05, 2009, 12:54 PM
EDF Junkie
Pacific Northwest
Joined Oct 2007
1,496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggcrandall1
This is a long thread so maybe I missed it but my question is: Can the P-51 BNF use the same transmitter as the Vapor?

Glen
Um. No. I think the Vapor is a three channel transmitter (throttle on left stick and rudder/elevator on right stick). The P-51 is a four channel plane.

I tried binding my friends Vapor transmitter to an mSR heli to see if it would fly without the rudder and it wouldn't bind at all. Therefore we couldn't try it.

Oops. I have to correct myself. I just looked at the P-51 manual online and it lists the following transmitters:

ParkZone Vapor/Ember 2 Transmitter
E-flite LP5DSM
E-flite MLP4DSM
E-flite HP6DSM
Spektrum DX5e
Spektrum DX6i
Spektrum DX7/DX7se
JR X9303 2.4
JR 12X 2.4

So I don't know why the Vapor transmitter wouldn't bind to the mSR.
NwRcFlight is offline Find More Posts by NwRcFlight
Last edited by NwRcFlight; Oct 05, 2009 at 01:00 PM.
Old Oct 05, 2009, 01:40 PM
Foam flogger
Roseville, CA
Joined Apr 2009
1,144 Posts
Just had my second flight. Flew for 4 minutes without hitting LVC. WOT most of the time. Lots of fun. Hoping the breeze dies down later this afternoon and I'll get her out there again.
Belem is offline Find More Posts by Belem
Old Oct 05, 2009, 02:03 PM
Salvaging heli parts...Again?
Joined Aug 2008
104 Posts
Dx6i + BNF micro P51D + BNF su-26m = weird!?

Hello,

Anyone run into this weird radio problem. (BTW, after sorting everything out, D/R, trim, etc., the P51D is a great flier and much more stable at low speed compared to the su-26m, and landing on pavement is much easier, as in not clipping the prop, shorting runway a.k.a. my driveway, tight flying area etc. And it is tough and surviable, as I nosed vertically straight down into the pavement once from 15 feet, a bit of glue to reattach the foam nose cone, was all that was needed)

In any case here is the problem I'm witnessing. I have both the su-26m and the P51D bound to my DX6i. I can select either model on my transmitter and I can control either plane (or both planes at the same time, not that I'll be flying them simultaneously) regardless of the model I have selected on the transmitter. And for completeness, if I selected my any of my heli model bound to a AR6100 or AR6200 receive, then I can't control the planes, as it should be. But it seems there is no model distinction for the AR6400 in these planes. Has anyone else observed this?

I became aware of this because the aileron rates have to be dialed down on the su-26m or your going to have a handful keeping it level, whereas with the P51D you want more aileron response (more travel, less expo), and flying the su-26m with the P51D settings is an unpleasant surprise, not impossible, but sure is scary, especially when you are not expecting it.

Thanks, for any and all feedback.
g35xfun is offline Find More Posts by g35xfun
Old Oct 05, 2009, 02:15 PM
Bray, UK
Joined Aug 2009
270 Posts
Hi g35xfun,

No that is definitely not normal. The "Modelmatch" feature on your DX6i is designed to prevent exactly that. Provided that when you bound the plane to the transmitter, you had *already* selected the right model number (e.g. model 1 for Sukhoi and model 2 for P51), each one should only work with that model selected.

I have a DX6i with both Sukhoi and P51 and it works like that.

The only things I can think of are either that you bound both to (say) model 1; or that you accidentally switched off the dual rates when you went to fly the Sukhoi. Other than that, it sounds like a fault.

bfk

Quote:
Originally Posted by g35xfun
Hello,

Anyone run into this weird radio problem. (BTW, after sorting everything out, D/R, trim, etc., the P51D is a great flier and much more stable at low speed compared to the su-26m, and landing on pavement is much easier, as in not clipping the prop, shorting runway a.k.a. my driveway, tight flying area etc. And it is tough and surviable, as I nosed vertically straight down into the pavement once from 15 feet, a bit of glue to reattach the foam nose cone, was all that was needed)

In any case here is the problem I'm witnessing. I have both the su-26m and the P51D bound to my DX6i. I can select either model on my transmitter and I can control either plane (or both planes at the same time, not that I'll be flying them simultaneously) regardless of the model I have selected on the transmitter. And for completeness, if I selected my any of my heli model bound to a AR6100 or AR6200 receive, then I can't control the planes, as it should be. But it seems there is no model distinction for the AR6400 in these planes. Has anyone else observed this?

I became aware of this because the aileron rates have to be dialed down on the su-26m or your going to have a handful keeping it level, whereas with the P51D you want more aileron response (more travel, less expo), and flying the su-26m with the P51D settings is an unpleasant surprise, not impossible, but sure is scary, especially when you are not expecting it.

Thanks, for any and all feedback.
bluefisherking is offline Find More Posts by bluefisherking
Old Oct 05, 2009, 02:28 PM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,572 Posts
Thanks, for any and all feedback...

Could be your only opportunity for a tandem flight of a life time!

rc
RCBABBEL is online now Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 05, 2009, 02:40 PM
Salvaging heli parts...Again?
Joined Aug 2008
104 Posts
bluefisherking

It seems the "model match" feature is working for my other receivers using my dx6i, but not with the AR6400 on the p51d and su-26m. Have you experimented with your planes to see if that is the case.

Thanks.
g35xfun is offline Find More Posts by g35xfun
Old Oct 05, 2009, 02:40 PM
More jets than a carburetor
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Sep 2008
2,809 Posts
Flew it today indoors. Its a lot of fun, but has a nasty stall with a pain to land in a small space.

Mine crashed about 4 times, and only minor creases. She's tough for sure.
skydve76 is offline Find More Posts by skydve76