Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 27, 2011, 08:02 PM
United States, MI, Davison
Joined May 2010
546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefan View Post
What is best for gluing the motor mount back on? Hot glue or bathroom silicon?
prolly silicone
AnbuPunk is offline Find More Posts by AnbuPunk
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 27, 2011, 11:11 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefan View Post
What is best for gluing the motor mount back on? Hot glue or bathroom silicon?
Hot Glue, because it dries in seconds and is easy to remove without damaging the foam.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Jun 27, 2011, 11:45 PM
Australia, WA, Aubin Grove
Joined Oct 2010
79 Posts
+1 hot glue
Ben82 is offline Find More Posts by Ben82
Old Jun 28, 2011, 01:58 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Apr 2011
59 Posts
I use silicone
jeisner is offline Find More Posts by jeisner
Old Jun 28, 2011, 03:06 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jun 2006
269 Posts
Thanks!
bladefan is offline Find More Posts by bladefan
Old Jun 28, 2011, 03:45 PM
Joined May 2011
29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNGN View Post
Hot Glue, because it dries in seconds and is easy to remove without damaging the foam.
what is a good way to remove the glue w/o taking a bunch of foam with it?
trdsupra88 is offline Find More Posts by trdsupra88
Old Jun 28, 2011, 04:28 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trdsupra88 View Post
what is a good way to remove the glue w/o taking a bunch of foam with it?
slowly peel and pick it off.

I also Drill a 1/8" hole in each mount flange so the glue makes a "Rivet", because the mount pins are likely long gone before you hot glue the mount back in.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Jun 29, 2011, 08:54 PM
United States, FL, West Melbourne
Joined May 2011
1,573 Posts
Post crash trim question. I ripped off the vert stab when the tail wheel grabbed some grass. From now on if the wheel attaches to the rudder it gets hinge tape pre flight. I now need a LOT of up trim to stay in the air. CG checks out. I noticed a gap on the bottom of the leading edge of the horizontal stabilizer. It seems to rais the front of the HS which would make it dive. Can someone check theirs and see if that seems right or wrong? Nice to know before I start fooling around with it.
Rickflaguy is offline Find More Posts by Rickflaguy
Old Jun 29, 2011, 09:54 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jul 2010
4,331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickflaguy View Post
Post crash trim question. I ripped off the vert stab when the tail wheel grabbed some grass. From now on if the wheel attaches to the rudder it gets hinge tape pre flight. I now need a LOT of up trim to stay in the air. CG checks out. I noticed a gap on the bottom of the leading edge of the horizontal stabilizer. It seems to rais the front of the HS which would make it dive. Can someone check theirs and see if that seems right or wrong? Nice to know before I start fooling around with it.
Do you have a picture? Its kinda hard to pin point the problem.
Cheese5 is offline Find More Posts by Cheese5
Old Jun 30, 2011, 06:23 AM
Joined May 2011
1,573 Posts
I will get one later. I am looking at a gap under the leading edge of the horizontal stabilizer. Not a huge one but a gap. I need to use the camera on my phone and will wait for more ambient light.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 11:53 AM
Joined Sep 2009
245 Posts
Any gap between the fuselage and the front or back of the Hs will cause very poor flight. Make sure to fix it so it's level.
AvistarAddict is offline Find More Posts by AvistarAddict
Old Jun 30, 2011, 01:19 PM
Joined May 2011
1,573 Posts
Went to the LHS and indeed the elevator is cocked up (causing significant nose down). Glued and fixed. Thanks
Old Jul 03, 2011, 12:49 AM
Joined May 2011
1,573 Posts
Still having issues with diving. Trimmed way up and its OK but twitchy. With the dive and the up elevator I assumed a nose heavy CG. I measured it today and it was WAY back from 35mm. To get it close I had to use two small nails foam- taped in. I will try it in the AM but I am dubious. Can an aft CG cause a nose dive? The prop thrust looks almost level. Anyone have some guidance for me?

Rick
Old Jul 03, 2011, 06:51 AM
Joined Jul 2011
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickflaguy View Post
Still having issues with diving. Trimmed way up and its OK but twitchy. With the dive and the up elevator I assumed a nose heavy CG. I measured it today and it was WAY back from 35mm. To get it close I had to use two small nails foam- taped in. I will try it in the AM but I am dubious. Can an aft CG cause a nose dive? The prop thrust looks almost level. Anyone have some guidance for me?

Rick
Hello everyone, new UM pilot here, and i am loving it at max, had some crashes, broked the nose about 2 times, and bended a wing. Reinforced the nose with some carbon fiber rod, also the tail, the litle bird is still ok. Will need a new complete body but after learning to fly verry good. First plane after some fun with 2ch silverlit xtwin
Now to come back on topic, Rickflaguy i had the same problem after a pretty ugly nose-dive, after reinforcing the nose at the impact the welding of the motor broked up and the motor could move, and that caused me some ugly diving, after glued back the problem was not that bad anymore, still had to compensate with some trimming, also i moved the pin from elevator with 2 more holes
pc.ciprian is offline Find More Posts by pc.ciprian
Old Jul 03, 2011, 09:44 AM
jason uk
wolverhampton(UK)
Joined Jun 2004
302 Posts
Mines the other way,the nose just keeps going up and up,,have to fly it with loads of down ele to keep it flying level
jaylad is offline Find More Posts by jaylad