HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 04, 2009, 10:57 AM
So gab something and go fly
Indianapolis,In.
Joined Sep 2009
4 Posts
Just got back from the maiden flight,I cann't get the grin off ny face

So here is the flight report. Field conditions:few clouds temp is 50.0 F winds from the west at 8.1MPH (7KT). First flight lets get her trim out,I had to put a lot of dowm in her and some right rudder and she was straight and level
So now i wanted to see what she would do, she'll do all the basic maneuvers and very scale like.Time to bring her in cut some of the power and she will float,so i had to fly her in, just keep some power on untill you are about to touch down chop the power and flare 3 point landing.Well my batteries are ready so im going out for some more fun time to take the gear off I think she'll look better that way

Kookoo
KOOKOOKACHOO is offline Find More Posts by KOOKOOKACHOO
Last edited by KOOKOOKACHOO; Oct 04, 2009 at 11:24 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 04, 2009, 10:57 AM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,550 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilotrob56
I maidened my latest two additions to my hanger yesterday. Loads of fun. The Thunder Tiger Stuka JU87B and the P-51D Mustang, couldn`t keep the smile off my face I fly them both with the DX6i

Pr,

Very nice Stuka! Love the pic.

rc
RCBABBEL is online now Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 04, 2009, 11:29 AM
Still AWD, Subaru
St.Louis
Joined Nov 2006
883 Posts
Great plane!
Just got back from the maiden. Needed a bunch of down trim and mine needed left aileron to trim out but what a blast! Wonderful speed range and a long take off roll is beautiful. I flew off the baseball diamond down the street and did some hand launches too. Ailerons are real responsive as is the elevator, rudder could use some more throw I think. I do have the motor pulse issue after about half my battery, no premature LVC though. Hope it stays nice out today, I'd love some more stick time.
ShawnM4kq is offline Find More Posts by ShawnM4kq
Old Oct 04, 2009, 03:34 PM
Pensacola, Fl
Joined Aug 2009
347 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBABBEL
Pr,

Very nice Stuka! Love the pic.

rc
Thanks RC, when I maiden the Stuka I had my DX6i on high rates , it was a hand full till I figured it out and switched to low rates. When I was flying the Mustang people started to gather around to watch her fly. She is very scale looking for the size.
Pilotrob56 is offline Find More Posts by Pilotrob56
Old Oct 04, 2009, 03:49 PM
inverted down is up, up is
UK
Joined Apr 2009
855 Posts
Quote:
Thanks RC, when I maiden the Stuka I had my DX6i on high rates , it was a hand full till I figured it out and switched to low rates. When I was flying the Mustang people started to gather around to watch her fly. She is very scale looking for the size.

i hate plonkers ocming over and asking loads of stupid questions! its like, im trying to fly this, and answer a barrage of questions! normally i land, then answer them, then i find by the time theyve gone, its dark, or battery is out
kieran3008 is offline Find More Posts by kieran3008
Old Oct 04, 2009, 03:55 PM
inverted down is up, up is
UK
Joined Apr 2009
855 Posts
Quote:

i hate plonkers ocming over and asking loads of stupid questions! its like, im trying to fly this, and answer a barrage of questions! normally i land, then answer them, then i find by the time theyve gone, its dark, or battery is out
kieran3008 is offline Find More Posts by kieran3008
Old Oct 04, 2009, 03:58 PM
Joined Apr 2005
306 Posts
Sukhoi or Mustang

Way too windy for me but i flew anyway.I tossed the Sukhoi first the wind coming and going this way and that not fun to fly in,just one battery.I was there so I had to try the Mustang.Now maybe I'm just to used to the Sukhoi (first 4CH and about 60 or so flights) but where the sukhoi wants to get back to ground the Mustang wants to go for the clouds.I need more flights with the Mustang to be sure but so far its the Sukhoi. Also in the Mustang my motor is pulsing I guess I need to open her back up and check on the motor shaft centerd or not.
Bradley Crandall is offline Find More Posts by Bradley Crandall
Old Oct 04, 2009, 04:00 PM
Pensacola, Fl
Joined Aug 2009
347 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kieran3008
I here ya, but everyone was just watching and so that was a good thing. I was really trying to consuntrate because I have never flown a Mustang before but she flew really smooth. I went home and adjusted the elevator up two holes, cann`t wait to fly her now.My motor was pulseing too, when ever I put an older battery in her and when I was just cruising along but when I would open her up to full throttle it would stop pulseing.
Last edited by Pilotrob56; Oct 04, 2009 at 04:10 PM.
Old Oct 04, 2009, 04:05 PM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,550 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradley Crandall
Way too windy for me but i flew anyway.I tossed the Sukhoi first the wind coming and going this way and that not fun to fly in,just one battery.I was there so I had to try the Mustang.Now maybe I'm just to used to the Sukhoi (first 4CH and about 60 or so flights) but where the sukhoi wants to get back to ground the Mustang wants to go for the clouds.I need more flights with the Mustang to be sure but so far its the Sukhoi. Also in the Mustang my motor is pulsing I guess I need to open her back up and check on the motor shaft centerd or not.

Wow BC, this pulsing motor scene is looking bad.
I'm not excited to hear you have problems too.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1120591

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1120553

rc
RCBABBEL is online now Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 04, 2009, 04:07 PM
Doing it in the Lateral Axis
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradley Crandall
Well, its not actually the motor shaft that is offset, I now believe its either the spur gear or motor mount tolerance issue. Timing the motor to the gearbox for least spin resistance will cure the issue.. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...19&postcount=5
modfly is offline Find More Posts by modfly
Old Oct 04, 2009, 04:29 PM
Yea..When mowers fly!
The White House?
Joined Apr 2008
1,574 Posts
Have one on the way....
That about sums it up for me there Mod, nice diagram\review of the,
Motor Timing to Gearbox
BTW Mod, check you IM
Jay-viator is offline Find More Posts by Jay-viator
Old Oct 04, 2009, 04:44 PM
Wyomissing PA
Joined Aug 2003
516 Posts
Mustang to MIG

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieran3008
dennis, i love your mig! do you think i could make a micro p 51 into it?
Well I guess anythings possible....at least you could make it a sort of MIG.

The MIG does have a duct under the wings similiar to the Mustangs.
Dennis A is offline Find More Posts by Dennis A
Old Oct 04, 2009, 05:37 PM
Joined Apr 2008
69 Posts
Flew my P51 this morning lite wind cloudy was very impressed have a ready to fly my advise would be go with a bind an fly to a 6xi might want to use some expo
bladebender is offline Find More Posts by bladebender
Old Oct 04, 2009, 05:41 PM
Pensacola, Fl
Joined Aug 2009
347 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladebender
Flew my P51 this morning lite wind cloudy was very impressed have a ready to fly my advise would be go with a bind an fly to a 6xi might want to use some expo
Yeah, I went with 40% on my maiden but now have set my DX6i to 50%. I haven`t flown with it again yet though.
Last edited by Pilotrob56; Oct 04, 2009 at 05:49 PM.
Old Oct 04, 2009, 08:39 PM
Off we go.............
Seattle, WA. USA
Joined Jan 2006
3,325 Posts
Oh boy I got mine up for two flights before the winds came. Yeah, some expo would be nice on those ailerons. Im flying the RTF one and yeah she's quick on aileron response, but thats cool I like it to be, I wanted it to be.

Everyone at the club field were amazed at it, and impressed at what such a little guy can do.
SabreHawk is offline Find More Posts by SabreHawk