HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 03, 2009, 10:04 PM
Gonzales, LA
Joined May 2007
131 Posts
Made a couple of flights today but the wind was bouncing it all over the place. I just about had to fly it in to the ground to get it down. When I'd cut power back to try to lose altitude the wind wanted to carry it off to the trees. The couple of calm moments I got though, the plane flew nicely. Definitely more power and climb than the Sukhoi.

I noticed the pull to the left also on launch while hand launching. Couldn't tell if it was torque, trim, or wind with all of the wind we had today though.

Now I just need a calm day to try it.
Ubenripped is offline Find More Posts by Ubenripped
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 03, 2009, 11:29 PM
Park Stormer
United States, NJ, Brooklawn
Joined Jul 2008
823 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis A
..got mine here in Reading PA...maidened and hour ago, and wow, nice performer..unlike the Sukhoi you can take your eyes off this on for a second or two.

The rolls don't seem as snappy as the Sukhoi, but you can fly this baby a lot slower. Ran two batteries through it.

Also put 2 flights on the MIG3 with PZ gear. It flies very much like the P51, only slower.

The Bearcat is still under construction.
so maybe my LHS was slow to pre-order? I'll keep this in mind.

also, what do you make your other micros out of, they look neat! do you use the PZ micro bric, or general "micro" components?

finally, like the blue canopy paint, seems to work on the mustang
AggressorBLUE is offline Find More Posts by AggressorBLUE
Old Oct 04, 2009, 12:37 AM
USA, MD, North East
Joined Aug 2009
91 Posts
Emily and I put some flight time into the p51 yesterday and this am and pm at the farm, we have over 50 battery flights, no real bad damage, but it a little noisy. It was hard to get it away from emily i had to get another plane from the truck to get some flight time in. Set the dual rates at around 70% and rudder mix at 20% don't know if that is right or not, i'm still new to flying and willing to try anything. Only damage was a elevator that got a little flimsey put a carbon rod along the underside following the tape line already on the plane. Really happy with its preformance, I think it's a keeper. What is the noise coming from the motor? rough like gears not meshing properly? Owen.
ofletcher is offline Find More Posts by ofletcher
Old Oct 04, 2009, 06:31 AM
inverted down is up, up is
UK
Joined Apr 2009
855 Posts
is the standard transmitter acceptable? or is it worth getting a dx5e for it?
kieran3008 is offline Find More Posts by kieran3008
Old Oct 04, 2009, 06:50 AM
Wyomissing PA
Joined Aug 2003
516 Posts
use pz brick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggressorBLUE
so maybe my LHS was slow to pre-order? I'll keep this in mind.

also, what do you make your other micros out of, they look neat! do you use the PZ micro bric, or general "micro" components?

finally, like the blue canopy paint, seems to work on the mustang
I use .050 durabatics (sliced depron) to make the planes using paper plane patterns from Fiddlersgreen. The gear is from the Sukhoi but I have bilt some others using the gear from cessna/citabria.

"Iron Horse Hobby" usually gets his stuff right away from Horizon.

The blue canopies always seem to work better for me.
Dennis A is offline Find More Posts by Dennis A
Old Oct 04, 2009, 08:41 AM
Flying is Freedom
Annandale, VA
Joined Jul 2007
6,026 Posts
Nice birds Dennis.
Sky_Captain is offline Find More Posts by Sky_Captain
Old Oct 04, 2009, 08:43 AM
UK
Joined Apr 2009
855 Posts
dennis, i love your mig! do you think i could make a micro p 51 into it?
Old Oct 04, 2009, 08:51 AM
Looking for a spare 3KP4
N.E. PA
Joined Sep 2009
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kieran3008
is the standard transmitter acceptable? or is it worth getting a dx5e for it?
Horizon thinks so as they offer it in RTF. I would suggest getting the DX6i if there's the possibility that you may get more Parkzone or E-flite birds.
Paul630TS is offline Find More Posts by Paul630TS
Old Oct 04, 2009, 08:53 AM
Flying is Freedom
Annandale, VA
Joined Jul 2007
6,026 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul630TS
Horizon thinks so as they offer it in RTF. I would suggest getting the DX6i if there's the possibility that you may get more Parkzone or E-flite birds.
I'll second that
With the DX6i, you will be able to program settings for more planes. With the DX5e, you will have to trim and check servo reversing settings everytime you change planes.
Sky_Captain is offline Find More Posts by Sky_Captain
Old Oct 04, 2009, 09:05 AM
UK
Joined Apr 2009
855 Posts
i know, but i like to have each of my parkflyers on a diff transmitter, because i have some friends who fly planes aswell, and we fly each others at the same time! so i have all my small electrics on diff tranmistters

i want to make a german micro plane, or save up and buy one after, so that i can fight my dad (: but i cant do that with both on the dx61, whereas i can with two dx5es!
Old Oct 04, 2009, 09:36 AM
North Ridgeville Ohio
Joined Sep 2009
11 Posts
My Advice would be to then buy the RTF for a few and have a couple of the stock transmiters and buy one DX6i for your self just having all the trim reversing settings set up is worth the price alone set it once and it is always there. This is what i do i bought the p 51 rtf so i have 2 stock controls now and me and friends can fly three planes at the same time. Think i am gonna buy msr rtf as well then I will have 4 (3 stock 1 dx6i) that should be the most that would be needed. Just my two cents on it.
MicroCurt is offline Find More Posts by MicroCurt
Old Oct 04, 2009, 09:53 AM
Pensacola, Fl
Joined Aug 2009
347 Posts
I maidened my latest two additions to my hanger yesterday. Loads of fun. The Thunder Tiger Stuka JU87B and the P-51D Mustang, couldn`t keep the smile off my face I fly them both with the DX6i
Pilotrob56 is offline Find More Posts by Pilotrob56
Last edited by Pilotrob56; Oct 04, 2009 at 10:09 AM.
Old Oct 04, 2009, 10:06 AM
UK
Joined Apr 2009
855 Posts
can u bing a model to a different tranmitter though once its bound? i though that was it?
Old Oct 04, 2009, 10:30 AM
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Joined Jul 2007
1,013 Posts
I picked up a DX6i this past Summer and love it. It does leave me with the controller from my mCX RTF. If anyone is looking for one, I'll let it go for us$20 + shippping.

-Jay
Faethor is offline Find More Posts by Faethor
Old Oct 04, 2009, 10:36 AM
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Joined Jul 2007
1,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kieran3008
can u bing a model to a different tranmitter though once its bound? i though that was it?
A Receiver (Model) can be bound and re-bound any number of times. The same is true of the transmitters. They can bind to any number of receivers (models).

-Jay

p.s. I read your post again, and realized you might be asking whether a given RX (Model) could be bound to two transmitters at the same time - They can't. Each time a RX (Model) goes through the bind process it clears any previous bind information.
Faethor is offline Find More Posts by Faethor