HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 02, 2009, 11:00 PM
Figure 9 Expert
USA
Joined Feb 2007
665 Posts
my plane will go verticle out of my hand for the first 10 seconds untill the motor starts cutting out, not sure if the ability to go vert. is normanl but static thrust is impressive and so is the speed she gains in a dive. its almost rediculous how fast you can get going this plane is exactly what i wished for when i aquired my first micro 2 years ago.

now just have to get the whole pulsing motor thing streightend out and then i can really enjoy it.
Chompers is offline Find More Posts by Chompers
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 02, 2009, 11:01 PM
Doing it in the Lateral Axis
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
mine has that problem to. fixin to look into it. I think mine has gear binding or rubbing some foam..looks like I"m going to have to operate
modfly is offline Find More Posts by modfly
Old Oct 02, 2009, 11:03 PM
Flying is Freedom
Annandale, VA
Joined Jul 2007
6,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HELIRLC
Looks like two planes missing

The Mustang and the not released 4-Site 3D
I don't think I will be getting the 4-site. I'm not a fan of profile planes. This is the closest I like to get. It is a profile plane but at least it has some meat to it.

Wrathchild, you don't have to take the stickers off. You can just cut though it, just like I did on my Cessna and Citabria. Then just use some scotch tape when you put it back together. Scotch tape is clear and the stickers will show through.
Sky_Captain is offline Find More Posts by Sky_Captain
Old Oct 02, 2009, 11:10 PM
Figure 9 Expert
USA
Joined Feb 2007
665 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by modfly
mine has that problem to. fixin to look into it. I think mine has gear binding or rubbing some foam..looks like I"m going to have to operate
modfly i started a separate thread about it. shows my findings.
I have found that the problem is with the motor, as both my ar6400 's have the terrable problem with this motor.

if you find anything please share it there.

I hope that this isn't going to turn into a wide spread problem
Philip
Chompers is offline Find More Posts by Chompers
Old Oct 02, 2009, 11:12 PM
Your Mama's house!
Joined Mar 2005
6,196 Posts
Here is my first of many videos. Hoverboy flew and I filmed using my BlackBerry Storm.

Parkzone Micro P-51D Filmed with a BlackBerry Storm! (0 min 36 sec)
Butters is offline Find More Posts by Butters
Old Oct 02, 2009, 11:13 PM
Off we go.............
Seattle, WA. USA
Joined Jan 2006
3,325 Posts
Yeah, I geuss I got a shot thats missing something too, two things actually.
SabreHawk is offline Find More Posts by SabreHawk
Old Oct 02, 2009, 11:17 PM
USA, CA, Berkeley
Joined Mar 2005
281 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisecat
Question....

Watched a video on youtube and producer mentioned moving
tail wheel on the rudder to main fuselage due to potential damage to rudder
if wheel is left on there....

Could anyone comment on this yet?

Obviously you would lose the steer-ability but is this worthwhile to do or not?

Hey guys I just picked up one of these planes tonight and flew it at one of our indoor fly nights. On a hard landing on carpet I tweaked the rudder linkage at the tail and broke the first hinge on the bottom of the rudder. Didn't rip the rudder off but I am sure it would happen given enough flights so I am moving the tail wheel tonight. I had a blast flying it and love the look of this plane in the air.

Rich
FlyHeli? is offline Find More Posts by FlyHeli?
Old Oct 02, 2009, 11:23 PM
Flying is Freedom
Annandale, VA
Joined Jul 2007
6,025 Posts
Sabrehawk,
Nice planes. Yes it looks like you are missing a 3D plane.
Sky_Captain is offline Find More Posts by Sky_Captain
Old Oct 03, 2009, 12:04 AM
Off we go.............
Seattle, WA. USA
Joined Jan 2006
3,325 Posts
Hehe, well I was thinkin more along the lines of a micro PT-19 & Christen Eagle to complete the big-little brother lineup.

But no, as you can see, 3D aint me. Scale is the word.

Well now I had to paint in the belly scoop with flat black, and with a sharpie did some guns. Gotta have guns. Will enhance the guns later on when I think of what & how.
SabreHawk is offline Find More Posts by SabreHawk
Last edited by SabreHawk; Oct 03, 2009 at 12:32 AM.
Old Oct 03, 2009, 12:44 AM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreHawk
Hehe, well I was thinkin more along the lines of a micro PT-19 & Christen Eagle to complete the big-little brother lineup.

But no, as you can see, 3D aint me. Scale is the word.

Well now I had to paint in the belly scoop with flat black, and with a sharpie did some guns. Gotta have guns. Will enhance the guns later on when I think of what & how.

Sabre,

Probably because you've never flown the Addiction.

BTW: Awesome P51 shot.

rc
RCBABBEL is online now Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 03, 2009, 01:28 AM
Joined Jul 2008
389 Posts
Im so anxious to see how this thing flies! I got my first plane 1.5 months ago. It was the PZ Sukhoi and it was hard at first but after a while I got the hang of it, but by that time it was destroyed so I sold the electronics and bought the P-51!
coby is offline Find More Posts by coby
Old Oct 03, 2009, 02:03 AM
Oakland, CA
Joined Jun 2009
262 Posts
Mine came with broker tail!! Good thing i got it at the LHS, i just got it this evening so i'll go change it in the morning and straight of to fly. I noticed the broken tail when i did a rudder check. Also is the brick usually that loud ? Mine has a really loud chatter tried trimming and still that way. Seemed pretty badly trimmed out of box (one aileron level the other down) but trimmed out ok after a few clicks, elevator seemed to be up right out of the box. This is my first "real" plane, all others are clones, maybe i'm just expecting too much ? Oh well. Still an excellent plane HH and i'm buying a second for my dad tomorrow, can't wait to see old mans jaw drop...lol

Oh have i been waiting for a micro 4 channel this good...thank you & thank you again HH
issr7 is offline Find More Posts by issr7
Old Oct 03, 2009, 02:32 AM
USA, MD, North East
Joined Aug 2009
91 Posts
flew it tonight 3-5 mph wind

Picked up the bind-n-fly version this afternoon at the LHS. Got home to catch emily in the act of putting together the eflite p40 i just picked up yesterday. She had it all together just had to show her how to switch some wires to get the prop to spin the right direction. we went directly to the farm to feed and fly one of my favorate activies. The p51 flew great out of the box, but maybe too much wind for emily to fly, but she did great a few low passes and right as she was making her landing turn it started to loose altitude, i heard the motor start to cut out and down it came right into some tall fescue. Not a scratch, we only put one batteries time into it but had a lot of fun. I may have brought home two planes this week, and lost them both today, atleast they get to say in the family.
ofletcher is offline Find More Posts by ofletcher
Old Oct 03, 2009, 07:27 AM
Warbird Enthusiast
Long Island, NY
Joined Jan 2008
5,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chompers
modfly i started a separate thread about it. shows my findings.
I have found that the problem is with the motor, as both my ar6400 's have the terrable problem with this motor.

if you find anything please share it there.

I hope that this isn't going to turn into a wide spread problem
Philip

chompers...Im sorry to hear that you and others are having problems with the p-51. I read your problem thread as well as modfly's motor/gear investigation thread...as my LHS hasn't received the micro p-51's yet, I guess I'll hold off buying until there's a solution parkzone/horizonhobby will address. The LHS will not want to hear about this....
LICobra is offline Find More Posts by LICobra
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FMS P-51 4 blade vs 2 blade
Old Oct 03, 2009, 08:08 AM
Agra, Oklahoma
Joined Feb 2000
5,390 Posts
Just came in from my first flight and with the exception of a crunchy sounding gearbox, it all went well. Full throttle and a light level toss and off she went. Took several clicks of left aileron trim and a couple down on the elevator but it's flying beautifully now. What impresses me is the speed range and the vertical lines. You can really slow this down to a scale speed and there are no bad habits, yet at full throttle it really cooks for such a model. Vertical seems nearly unlimited during the first few minutes of flight. By that I mean it's limited by sight as it gets small quick going vertical. Coming back down and cut the throttle and it slows very well.

As long as my gearbox does not eat itself I think this one's a keeper
Steve McBride is offline Find More Posts by Steve McBride