HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 02, 2009, 07:24 PM
Off we go.............
Seattle, WA. USA
Joined Jan 2006
3,325 Posts
Ahhh yup just got home with mine too. LHS had 6 RTF's and 1 BnF.
I was the first to get one of the six RTF's and the only BnF one another fella walking in behind me got.

So that leaves room for five other lucky souls in my area.

Ok, no time to talk...........gotta go eat now as I've put it off all day.
SabreHawk is offline Find More Posts by SabreHawk
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 02, 2009, 07:37 PM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by modfly
Got mine Today. Our LHS only got 4 or two boxes. I got a chance to fly it this evening. What a wonderful plane

I used the MCX TX set to low rate. ROG off pavement 15 times and about 15 landings. Went through 4 packs. Took a little practice to land on pavement and I pranged the wing tips. I will add a little tape there to prevent any further damage. It takes a little practice to land this thing as it does not want to land. Very Floaty at low speed, will balloon if your not careful. on the 3rd pack I had it down and was making scale like landing. Its easy to nick the prop to so landing are best as a 3 point style.

Aerobatics..does a good job but won't compete with the Sukhoi but looks more scale doing it than the Sukhoi. All in all an excellent flying plane.

Now that's what I'm talkin about!

Appreciate all the pics!

Thanks Mod!!

rc
RCBABBEL is offline Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 02, 2009, 07:39 PM
Gonzales, LA
Joined May 2007
131 Posts
I found about 6 in my LHS too. Went ahead and picked one up and canceled my online order which showed backordered until the 15th. Hope to fly it tomorrow.
Ubenripped is offline Find More Posts by Ubenripped
Old Oct 02, 2009, 07:56 PM
Ireland
Joined Apr 2001
4,031 Posts
yea

Yea but not alll have those skills.
They would do greath if they come out with some diferent version to promote it as a pylon race class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGuyJT
I dont know but have you seen Matt Andren's a.k.a "Mattfly" Micro Stang? He bashed his into a "B" model. Looks great! http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=510
cmulder is offline Find More Posts by cmulder
Old Oct 02, 2009, 08:14 PM
Can we lift the embargo?
menands flats, NY
Joined Dec 2006
1,615 Posts
My lhs had them in sooO of course I bought one. Kinda windy but much mor tame than the sukhoi. More power. Easy loops and rolls. Love it but maybe should get an xtra prop. Can't wait till morn and no wind.
kenstogie is offline Find More Posts by kenstogie
Old Oct 02, 2009, 08:42 PM
Looking for a spare 3KP4
N.E. PA
Joined Sep 2009
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by modfly
Got mine Today. Our LHS only got 4 or two boxes. I got a chance to fly it this evening. What a wonderful plane

I used the MCX TX set to low rate. ROG off pavement 15 times and about 15 landings. Went through 4 packs. Took a little practice to land on pavement and I pranged the wing tips. I will add a little tape there to prevent any further damage. It takes a little practice to land this thing as it does not want to land. Very Floaty at low speed, will balloon if your not careful. on the 3rd pack I had it down and was making scale like landing. Its easy to nick the prop to so landing are best as a 3 point style.

Aerobatics..does a good job but won't compete with the Sukhoi but looks more scale doing it than the Sukhoi. All in all an excellent flying plane.
Thanks for the pics and review. I'm already planning the maiden flight will be in a large field with tall grass. Looks like Parkzone learned from feedback and no "box mod" is required. Unfortunately my LHS said next week but at least I have a deposit on one.
Paul630TS is offline Find More Posts by Paul630TS
Old Oct 02, 2009, 08:54 PM
Off we go.............
Seattle, WA. USA
Joined Jan 2006
3,325 Posts
Wont be flying mine till over the weekend as weather permits. But I did her all out of course and checked all over and tested controls ect.

Boy I tell ya, if you'd of told somebody just five years ago that you'd be having a four channel P-51 that fits on your coffee table with plenty of room for coffee, manual, ashtray and yet another magazine too folks would say yer deaming. Well, dream is here.

The Tx is nice and comfortable in my hands, its a little bigger than the like styled PZ NTU Tx. And yes there is servo reversing, and dual rates, though you cant adjust the value you can switch it back and forth by simply pressing in on the right stick. By default the radio is on high rate, press in on the right stick and it switches to low rate and the pilot light blinks while on low rate. Press again and it switches back to high, and light is steady.
Old Oct 02, 2009, 08:54 PM
Figure 9 Expert
USA
Joined Feb 2007
665 Posts
Hey myl LHS just recieved there shipment. picked mine up tonight. so there in the East coast!!!
Chompers is offline Find More Posts by Chompers
Old Oct 02, 2009, 08:57 PM
Did you get it on video?
USA, FL, Miramar Beach
Joined Nov 2005
6,041 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreHawk

Think that news copter could be hollowed out, and made to fit over the mSR?
Flying-Monkey is offline Find More Posts by Flying-Monkey
Old Oct 02, 2009, 08:59 PM
Off we go.............
Seattle, WA. USA
Joined Jan 2006
3,325 Posts
Thats a good question FM, and funny you should ask cause that mSR is next in my sights. It just might fit, now I gotta get one with this on my mind now.
Now look what ya did.
Old Oct 02, 2009, 09:02 PM
Did you get it on video?
USA, FL, Miramar Beach
Joined Nov 2005
6,041 Posts
I am a bad, bad man...
Old Oct 02, 2009, 09:05 PM
Off we go.............
Seattle, WA. USA
Joined Jan 2006
3,325 Posts
They mention refering to the AR6400's manual, in the manual. But I notice there wasnt one included, but I assume I can download that from HH.
Here is my Citabria parked next to it. Hah! Two planes on one coffee table, thay wouldnt have thought that possible either.
Old Oct 02, 2009, 09:08 PM
Off we go.............
Seattle, WA. USA
Joined Jan 2006
3,325 Posts
Well FM your in good company then.

I be that too, I even spent $2.99 extra today and bought Army Air Corps Song ringtone. Yes I even got a new B-15 flight jacket, and a Hap Arnold wings hat.
Old Oct 02, 2009, 09:13 PM
Did you get it on video?
USA, FL, Miramar Beach
Joined Nov 2005
6,041 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreHawk
Well FM your in good company then.

I be that too, I even spent $2.99 extra today and bought Army Air Corps Song ringtone. Yes I even got a new B-15 flight jacket, and a Hap Arnold wings hat.

You have it bad...

Poor mother, I've got her addicted to watching the helicopters that make use of the field on the way to my father's nursing home

When she goes alone, she tells me of all the types that land.

"There's big ones, and little navy ones, and there's the one with two propellers that point up when it takes off, then point forward when it flies"