HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 17, 2009, 05:03 PM
Joined Jan 2008
721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper J3 View Post
UNGN -

Now I’m thinking about installing flaps so that they are completely forward of the ailerons and fold flat against the bottom of the wing. Trailing edge of flap will coincide with front edge (or hinge line) of aileron. This way aileron will function with no hindrance from deployed flap and perhaps aileron will still function aerodynamically with flaps extended. Your thoughts…
Cowl flaps would not work when the aileron is the size of the wing. You would have to decrease aileron to 50% of wing and then the other 50% can be cowl flap or normal flap. Way easier to just follow the other posters DIY.
wrcsti is offline Find More Posts by wrcsti
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 17, 2009, 05:13 PM
Flying is Freedom
Annandale, VA
Joined Jul 2007
6,371 Posts
I am thinking of upgrading my motor. But I don't have the money to go brushless right now. I have one of these motors from BSD laying around, does anyone know if it is better than the stock motor on the P-51?
http://www.bsdmicrorc.com/index.php?productID=848
I also have this prop for it.
http://www.bsdmicrorc.com/index.php?productID=788
Sky_Captain is offline Find More Posts by Sky_Captain
Old Dec 17, 2009, 05:24 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Off subject, but wondering how the Cox Zero flies? Wasn't aware anyone else was making miniature molded foam warbirds. Thanks...
I have to sort out the binding AS2000 but I should be able to fly it in the next two weeks.

The Gravity Zero Would be cool to be bashed into a Val or a Kate (make a longer/lower Cockpit and add wheelpants) for near scale Dogfights with the UM P-51.

The AR6400 brick runs the Elevator and Rudder and a Single 3 - 4g servo can work for ailerons (though I used the dual AS2000 setup). Power is a 5g 2K Kv Brushless with a lightened 10A ESC. AUW is 3.8 Oz which is about 2 Oz less than stock Cox Warbird.

The best part is the painted Kit with everything in the picture (less the prop and motor shown - it comes with a brushed motor/prop) is $14+shipping from the US. I bought 3 for $50 shipped and they should be arriving today via UPS.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Dec 17, 2009, 05:55 PM
Full Scale Piper Cub Driver
Hinckley, Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
2,494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNGN View Post
The Gravity Zero Would be cool to be bashed into a Val or a Kate (make a longer/lower Cockpit and add wheelpants) for near scale Dogfights with the UM P-51.
Best part is the painted Kit with everything in the picture (less the prop and motor shown - it comes with a brushed motor/prop) is $14+shipping from the US. I bought 3 for $50 shipped and they should be arriving today via UPS.
What about flying qualities of these kits?
Piper J3 is online now Find More Posts by Piper J3
Old Dec 17, 2009, 06:02 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
What about flying qualities of these kits?
See Modfly's Cox Warbird Thread

The bottom line is they appear to fly great at 4 Oz and AUW's as low as 3.5 Oz is completely possible with an AR6400.

Their only drawback vs. a 1 Oz plane is you can't crash them without any damage, so attempting stunts you can pull off with a UM P-51 may not be adviseable.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Dec 17, 2009, 11:24 PM
Full throttle and supersonic!
USA, VA, Richmond
Joined Aug 2009
935 Posts
Is there a chord that could allow the new E-flite 250s to be charged with the celectra 4 port charger since it cannot fit into those narrow slots? I thought I saw it earlier in this thread or another, can't seem to find it. Thanks in advance.

Tim
Admiral14 is offline Find More Posts by Admiral14
Old Dec 17, 2009, 11:35 PM
Maximus Decimus Meridius
Illinois
Joined Dec 2008
246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral14 View Post
Is there a chord that could allow the new E-flite 250s to be charged with the celectra 4 port charger since it cannot fit into those narrow slots? I thought I saw it earlier in this thread or another, can't seem to find it. Thanks in advance.

Tim

Look up RCBABBEL here on the forums he makes them, he also sells the 240mah lipos.
Tubeheadz is offline Find More Posts by Tubeheadz
Old Dec 18, 2009, 12:27 AM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,642 Posts
Thanks Tube

Info here...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=643

rc
RCBABBEL is offline Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 18, 2009, 07:59 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
16,965 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral14 View Post

Tim
5 for $2 at Hobby King
http://hobbyking.com/hobbycity/store...idProduct=9727

You can also buy 250 mahr 20C cells there as well:

http://hobbyking.com/hobbycity/store...idProduct=7568

Pat MacKenzie
pmackenzie is online now Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Dec 19, 2009, 10:21 AM
Warbird Enthusiast
Long Island, NY
Joined Jan 2008
5,477 Posts
As I just started flying the Micro Mustang in temps around 40 degrees with the 130mah battery seemed ok and I was able to fly for 7 minutes or so....besides the longer flight time of the 240mah will I see a power increase also ??
LICobra is online now Find More Posts by LICobra
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by LICobra; Dec 19, 2009 at 06:12 PM.
Old Dec 19, 2009, 12:43 PM
Flying is Freedom
Annandale, VA
Joined Jul 2007
6,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LICobra View Post
As I just flying started the Micro Mustang in temps around 40 degrees with the 130mah battery seemed ok and I was able to fly for 7 minutes or so....besides the longer flight time of the 240mah will I see a power increase also ??
Yes you should. Calculate the C rating with the mah to get current output.
Old Dec 19, 2009, 01:03 PM
UK
Joined Sep 2009
167 Posts
If you guys are looking for some better batteries than the usual suspects, please have a look at these.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=280440832505

180mAh, 15C, 4.8gram. 38mm x 12mm x 8mm. They fit the standard Parkzone charger.

On test these perform very similar to the popular 6 gram 240mAh 20C cells from a popular supplier. The 180mAh 15C cells actually gave a higher voltage under a 1amp load, with very slightly less duration.
richardbarnett is offline Find More Posts by richardbarnett
Old Dec 19, 2009, 01:35 PM
Flying is Freedom
Annandale, VA
Joined Jul 2007
6,371 Posts
Are you the seller?
Old Dec 19, 2009, 01:48 PM
UK
Joined Sep 2009
167 Posts
Yes i am.

Totally new venture.

I've been modelling for over 20 years and fell in love with the new micros as soon as Kyosho released the Cessna.

I was trying to buy some decent batteries for my Sukhoi soon after i got it and tried the usual cells and found them lacking. So i set to trying to source my own. I worked with a large manufacturer and these are a purpose made cell. I worked with their lab and we tried a few different cells. These cells and Miniaviation are the result.
richardbarnett is offline Find More Posts by richardbarnett
Old Dec 19, 2009, 02:06 PM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
United States, IA, Grinnell
Joined Aug 2007
4,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardbarnett View Post
If you guys are looking for some better batteries than the usual suspects, please have a look at these.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=280440832505

180mAh, 15C, 4.8gram. 38mm x 12mm x 8mm. They fit the standard Parkzone charger.

On test these perform very similar to the popular 6 gram 240mAh 20C cells from a popular supplier. The 180mAh 15C cells actually gave a higher voltage under a 1amp load, with very slightly less duration.
It would seem to me that you have discovered the Holy Grail to lipo batteries.
You have better performance than a battery with 25% more C and 20 % more capacity.
The only question I have is how much are they in US dollars and how much shipping to US, in US dollars?
Thanks
Ron
A Rdnek is offline Find More Posts by A Rdnek