SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 08, 2009, 01:31 AM
United States, CA, Novato
Joined Sep 2003
5,860 Posts
Look what I have...

The little FedEx man brought me some goodies the other day.
Rotozuk is online now Find More Posts by Rotozuk
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 24, 2009, 10:00 PM
United States, CA, El Macero
Joined Oct 2003
3 Posts
foam case for a hawk

I picked up a hawk a few years ago that had never been finished. It's all complete now but desperately needs a foam case to properly stow itself!

Anyone have a broken hawk that no longer needs their foam case?

Jeff
jlovitt is offline Find More Posts by jlovitt
Old Nov 25, 2009, 06:35 PM
United States, CA, Santa Rosa
Joined Jun 2001
1,086 Posts
Jeff,
I have an extra foam box, but it's in really bad shape. (I was going to toss it, that's how bad) I'll save in case you can't find anything else.

Your hawk is going to look funny with wire wheels and struts...

Great seeing you at the masters. Talk to you soon.

John
John Cole is offline Find More Posts by John Cole
Old Nov 26, 2009, 01:06 PM
It's not going to build itself
Aliso Viejo,CA
Joined Aug 2005
6,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotozuk View Post
The little FedEx man brought me some goodies the other day.
Very cool thread! I had no idea how the original Hobie Hawks were put together. My C- hawk is a bit different. I agree with the flying characteristics you mentioned, It's ready for whatever you want it to do. I would still like to have an original Hawk some day.
Tom
TRISME is online now Find More Posts by TRISME
Old Nov 26, 2009, 01:14 PM
Joined Sep 2003
5,860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRISME View Post
Very cool thread! I had no idea how the original Hobie Hawks were put together. My C- hawk is a bit different. I agree with the flying characteristics you mentioned, It's ready for whatever you want it to do. I would still like to have an original Hawk some day.
Tom
I'll trade you..
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 26, 2009, 11:07 PM
Aliso Viejo,CA
Joined Aug 2005
6,500 Posts
I meant in addition to mine. After you finish your build, and fly it a few times, you wouldn't even consider trading it. My C-hawk doesn't look like it did when you saw it last.
Tom
Old Nov 26, 2009, 11:13 PM
Aliso Viejo,CA
Joined Aug 2005
6,500 Posts
PM me when you guys are going to fly your Hawks, I'd like to meet you wherever. Sunday afternoon seems to be glider time at Kite Hill. That seems to be the day when the pretty floaters all show up, maybe there?
Tom
Old Nov 30, 2009, 12:39 AM
I want to believe
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2002
945 Posts
Wow. I got about an hour and a half of stick time on my Hobie today (in 2 flights), and I am still buzzing! This thing is really a treat to fly. The local hawks came by to check it out in the sky but they were clearly intimidated by the size of those orange wings swooping around. Landing is interesting, and even hair-raising at times, it kind of reminds me of a fast and slippery version of my old Gentle Lady. Super fun indeed, made my weekend.

I think it would be cool to do a "Hobie Fest", and see a big furball of Hobies all wobbling around together.

Marty
mdine1us is offline Find More Posts by mdine1us
Old Nov 23, 2011, 07:10 PM
Kenny- Really!
USA, CA, Cathedral City
Joined Jul 2007
809 Posts
Well, I think it's time to do another thread, but I'll resurrect this one for that purpose, and keep all the goodies in one thread.

So the build thread has started again, only this time one that has lived a troubled life.
It's not too bad, but bad. After removing covering, and exploring some waves under the paint, I found…. well, You'll see!
exciter900rr is offline Find More Posts by exciter900rr
Old Nov 23, 2011, 07:13 PM
Joined Sep 2003
5,860 Posts
I bet it isn't as bad as mine! (Still stuck in project mode while I muster up the energy to finish it..)
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 23, 2011, 07:17 PM
Kenny- Really!
USA, CA, Cathedral City
Joined Jul 2007
809 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotozuk View Post
I bet it isn't as bad as mine! (Still stuck in project mode while I muster up the energy to finish it..)
oh….. really? how many pieces were the wings in at one given time on yours? this one was in a total of 7 where 2 is factory (left and right).
Old Nov 23, 2011, 07:31 PM
Joined Jan 2008
4,589 Posts
exciter:

Pictures, please!

Yours, Greg
glidermang is offline Find More Posts by glidermang
Old Nov 23, 2011, 07:37 PM
Joined Sep 2003
5,860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by exciter900rr View Post
oh….. really? how many pieces were the wings in at one given time on yours? this one was in a total of 7 where 2 is factory (left and right).
Yeah, you got me there.. I think mine were in 4 or so.

My fuse had at least 2 breaks. One in the boom with a pretty nasty patch and the more typical ABS tail.
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 23, 2011, 07:58 PM
Kenny- Really!
USA, CA, Cathedral City
Joined Jul 2007
809 Posts
Heres some pics. from the beginnin' to the end. in that order.
Bear in mind, that this one is going to take a while, but it will be completed in a few months as I have the time. My wife and I just had another son on the 18th, (Nov) and time is at a premium right now. S l o w M o t i o n..

But it's all good. Now, it's almost time to repair and glass some of the wing sections- And a bit more work to the fuse. But all in small sections so that I can start and stop without creating more work for myself.