HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: Which quadrocopters and/or tricopters do you fly?
Aeroquad 212 7.02%
Alien Jump Jet 49 1.62%
Alien Saucer 35 1.16%
Draganflyer DF-IV 34 1.13%
Draganflyer DF-V TI 23 0.76%
Draganflyer Experimental Brushless (Spectrolutions) 39 1.29%
Draganflyer X6 32 1.06%
Quadpowered 251 8.31%
Microdrone 35 1.16%
Mikrokopter V1.0-ME 102 3.38%
Mikrokopter V1.0-ME with NAVI 193 6.39%
Mini-Mixer quadrocopter 34 1.13%
Mini-Mixer tricopter 28 0.93%
Self-build quadrocopter flight board/firmware 1,374 45.50%
Self-build tricopter flight board/firmware 726 24.04%
UAVP 73 2.42%
UAVP-NG 26 0.86%
UAVX 73 2.42%
Walkera UFO #4 33 1.09%
Walkera UFO #5 46 1.52%
Walkera UFO #8 39 1.29%
X-BL 31 1.03%
X-BL FunPilot 25 0.83%
X-BL Autopilot, ReasearchPilot, Hornet, Hummingbird, Falcon 14 0.46%
X-UFO 64 2.12%
Y-UFO LA Heli 25 0.83%
Y-UAVP 17 0.56%
Y-UAVX 30 0.99%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3020. You may not vote on this poll

This thread is privately moderated by jesolins, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 13, 2013, 03:29 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Joined Aug 2002
12,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPilot View Post
Buzz, I haven't been in this thread in a long while. I came here looking for a link and found the OP totally changed. My first thought was 'what a mess did this thread become' and I went to the last page to make a remark on it and saw that other had the same feeling. Just because someone is doing a lot of work, do you have to praise that person? Even if the work is not as you expect? My little boy I praise when he paints a painting or does something that he is proud of, even though its awful, but he is only three!
Why are you asking me? Others had what feelings? I've seen mostly positive comments about it. Just think of the time it took to find all of these links and information. Would you spend that much time strictly to help others find things?
I don't care if it looks like the Mona Lisa. If I can find what I need by searching through it.... why wouldn't I like it. If you can't spend the time to scan all of it to find what you need.... there's always hours of searching on Google.
Buzz is online now Find More Posts by Buzz
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 13, 2013, 04:03 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,668 Posts
Hi G,
That looks to be as good as any out there. Take a look at what Goodluckbuy and Banggood has for tricopters and savings too if you can afford to wait. Also take a look at the simple Signguy builds and the Tricopter yaw control setups links in the Tricopter section of the Index in the front pages of this thread.
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavinxman View Post
anyone got any info on thishttp://www.rc-fever.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=18546&language=us&currency=USD& gclid=COySipvgoLgCFStk7AodFGoAzw or can recommend a really nice tricopter. i really want somethjing to build thanks
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Aug 01, 2013, 10:00 PM
United States, GA, Acworth
Joined Feb 2012
15 Posts
i have a dji 450 with a 5200 battery i put landing gear on it the gear only is 10oz
will not go up at all help and i plan on putting a gopro on it to
robin7278 is offline Find More Posts by robin7278
Old Aug 02, 2013, 09:10 AM
Joined Feb 2007
14,668 Posts
Hi R,
If it is a DJI controller then you should ask your question in the DJI threads. They are Indexed in the first page of this thread.

-- http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1774685
-- http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1536553

That said my bet is that you have your props on incorrectly.

Cheers,
Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin7278 View Post
i have a dji 450 with a 5200 battery i put landing gear on it the gear only is 10oz
will not go up at all help and i plan on putting a gopro on it to
Old Aug 11, 2013, 09:29 PM
Enjoy Life B4U Die!
United States, GA, Powder Springs
Joined Dec 1999
4,257 Posts

Can the poll be edited to include Armattan?

I have two of them so I think everyone else should have at least two of them also.

Buzz_Man is online now Find More Posts by Buzz_Man
Old Aug 11, 2013, 10:03 PM
Joined Feb 2007
14,668 Posts
Hi Buzz,
No unfortunately the RCG polls can't be edited. I've petitioned for that feature, but it falls on deaf ears. it would be useful in this case of the ever increasing multicopter types.

I know the Armattan is Bobepines aka Chris' frames and RTF BIFO(built it for others) multicopters. He uses mainly the KK2 FCB in his builds and that flight controller is listed in the poll. I do have the Armattan listed in the frames section.
Cheers,
Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz_Man View Post
Can the poll be edited to include Armattan? I have two of them so I think everyone else should have at least two of them also.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 06:50 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Joined Aug 2002
12,000 Posts
Man, what a ton of information! It's just ALL there. Great job on starting it in a thread, but it may be better to put this information in a thread that only shows your additions, etc. The other option would be to put it on it's own server. It's too valuable to be lost!
Old Sep 14, 2013, 08:38 PM
Joined Feb 2007
14,668 Posts
Thanks Buzz.
I do keep a backup copy.
Cheers,
Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
Man, what a ton of information! It's just ALL there. Great job on starting it in a thread, but it may be better to put this information in a thread that only shows your additions, etc. The other option would be to put it on it's own server. It's too valuable to be lost!
Old Sep 15, 2013, 11:35 AM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Joined Aug 2002
12,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
Thanks Buzz.
I do keep a backup copy.
Cheers,
Jim
Good! I spend a LOT of time just going through the links to see what pops up next. A lotta good info in there.

Best,

Buzz
Old Sep 20, 2013, 04:04 AM
Me a long time ago
London N.E. UK
Joined Jan 2007
6,107 Posts
I have been searching RC groups for info on the Walkera QR X350. I assume that this is a new addition to the RTF quads. At present I feel lazy as I don't feel like building. Expensive I know, but darn it, I am spending the kids inheritance.
I am asking myself, is this the start of this type of RTF quads? Should I wait for a while to see if any other manufactures jump on the band waggon?
The QRX350 has all the functions that I would need such as the RTH etc.
Flypoppa is offline Find More Posts by Flypoppa
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 21, 2013, 08:55 AM
Joined Feb 2007
14,668 Posts
Hi F,
The Walkera QR X350 has had some growing pains, but some Gents are having good success with it. It is one of the first RTF's with GPS and FPV features. For some Noobs that is a lot to learn for a first multicopter. I sugget that Gents first gain some flight and model inspection and safety skills first with mini or micro quads before moving on to multicopters with this many features and cost.
Cheers,
Jim
Old Oct 28, 2013, 01:11 PM
United States, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Feb 2013
88 Posts
Self-build quadrocopter flight board/firmware 1,079 42.00%
Self-build tricopter flight board/firmware 618

I think the above poll headings should be changed to something like: "Collected and Self-Assembled - Not From Kit". As it currently reads it indicates that the board and firmware were created by the builder. This is not likely for so many of us to have built the FC or software. This is considering the number that have selected these two headings. I think many of us are claiming we have chosen and collected the various pieces and have mostly assembled with some frames and/or interfacing component fabrication completed. We almost but, do not truly scratch build our vehicles. As fact would be - Very, very few of us have built the FC, electronics or written any firmware/software. This is my impression of us as a collective of participants from reading several years of thousands of posts within various forums. We ALL are mostly the recipients of a very discrete few more creative who make the toys and we will follow, build, test, make suggestions and tweak.

My vehicle:
I have collected and built a flame wheel clone. I selected the various components and have ordered bare pcb and soldered a few components as well as setting avr fuses and using a programmer installed bootloaders but, I have not created from scratch such and I can not say I have built the FC or firmware. So, I'd like to be part of the poll which would choice would I select?
bstott2 is offline Find More Posts by bstott2
Old Nov 05, 2013, 07:53 AM
Joined Aug 2013
719 Posts
Please Excuse my EXTREME N00BNESS! i read thru all the information and maybe i dont understand the acronyms, but where is the procedure that lets me change the settings from LIPO to NimH?

I have recently converted a Walkera QR X350 to an APM 2.6. it seems to be flying good but any thing else in the way of information to help in sure its flight would be greatly appreciated

please and thank you
TheMightyThor is offline Find More Posts by TheMightyThor
Old Nov 05, 2013, 08:29 AM
Joined Feb 2007
14,668 Posts
Hi B,
Yes I agree with your observations. Unfortunately RCGroups does not allow the Poll to be changed in any way once it is started. There are so many new multicopters that I need to start a new one. It is on my bucket list to do so.
Cheers,
Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by bstott2 View Post
Self-build quadrocopter flight board/firmware 1,079 42.00%
Self-build tricopter flight board/firmware 618

I think the above poll headings should be changed to something like: "Collected and Self-Assembled - Not From Kit". As it currently reads it indicates that the board and firmware were created by the builder. This is not likely for so many of us to have built the FC or software. This is considering the number that have selected these two headings. I think many of us are claiming we have chosen and collected the various pieces and have mostly assembled with some frames and/or interfacing component fabrication completed. We almost but, do not truly scratch build our vehicles. As fact would be - Very, very few of us have built the FC, electronics or written any firmware/software. This is my impression of us as a collective of participants from reading several years of thousands of posts within various forums. We ALL are mostly the recipients of a very discrete few more creative who make the toys and we will follow, build, test, make suggestions and tweak.

My vehicle:
I have collected and built a flame wheel clone. I selected the various components and have ordered bare pcb and soldered a few components as well as setting avr fuses and using a programmer installed bootloaders but, I have not created from scratch such and I can not say I have built the FC or firmware. So, I'd like to be part of the poll which would choice would I select?
Old Nov 05, 2013, 08:43 AM
Joined Feb 2007
14,668 Posts
Hi T,
Most of us that fly multicopters use ESCs that are based on SimonK firmware such as the AfroESCs for faster updates and do not use OEM ESCs. Yes with OEM ESCs you must change the Lipo Voltage Cutoff(LVC). to NiiMh so there is less chance of the ESC stopping during a high amp draw. Those instructions are found in the manuals for the ESC but typically it can be done by listening to beeps and moving the Tx sticks per the particular ESC setup menu. Be very careful to not have props on the motors, or disconnect one or all of the motor wires when you do this! The SimonK firmware ESCs do not use LVC because of that issue. Be sure to check the glossary section of the Index for help with the vernacular. I suggest that you visit this thread too: APM 2.5 Hardware ArduPilot Firmware Rctimer ArduFlyer Tutorials & Discussion
Cheers,
Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyThor View Post
Please Excuse my EXTREME N00BNESS! i read thru all the information and maybe i dont understand the acronyms, but where is the procedure that lets me change the settings from LIPO to NimH?

I have recently converted a Walkera QR X350 to an APM 2.6. it seems to be flying good but any thing else in the way of information to help in sure its flight would be greatly appreciated

please and thank you
Last edited by jesolins; Nov 05, 2013 at 10:05 AM.