HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:56 PM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Oct 2010
321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by torch1 View Post
Have tried adjusting the throw . Hasn't worked .
What servos are you using on them?
I had Corona 939 with 2.8kg torque and found it's ok to operate but still they were singing at the end positions.
This plane has a very high landing speed. I really suggest to belly land on grass for the first 5 times unless you have a 500m runway. Otherwise stock gear is just for 1 landing.
Sockrat is online now Find More Posts by Sockrat
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 17, 2012, 12:53 AM
Joined Nov 2012
5 Posts
Using stock servos . The problem is not landing rather to get it to take off . I can't move 5 ft without the gear folding in on itself.
torch1 is offline Find More Posts by torch1
Old Nov 19, 2012, 01:40 PM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Oct 2010
321 Posts
Quote:
Using stock servos . The problem is not landing rather to get it to take off . I can't move 5 ft without the gear folding in on itself.
Try to adjust servo arm such that when gear is down the arm is almost parallel to the pushrod. If doesn't help - get more powerful servos. But I'd suggest to replace with servoless metal retracts.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:35 PM
Joined Nov 2012
5 Posts
Thanks sockrat .I'll try that. In the event it doesn't work ,what would you suggest for servo less retracts . Thanks again.
torch1 is offline Find More Posts by torch1
Old Nov 20, 2012, 03:07 PM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Oct 2010
321 Posts
Quote:
Thanks sockrat .I'll try that. In the event it doesn't work ,what would you suggest for servo less retracts . Thanks again.
There are plenty of metal legs and servoless retracts on Hobbyking now. Just measure the stock leg length. (I've upgraded mine a year ago when there was barely anything). I suggest using 54g retract for the front (the biggest one they have) and 54g or smaller for the mains. You don't need rotating retracts if you attach the wheel on the mains inner side.
Then either glue a plywood all along the bay length and screw retract to it or glue a couple of wooden bricks on the sides and squeeze it in between.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 06:47 PM
I did it...
Morganton, NC
Joined Jun 2005
756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockrat View Post
There are plenty of metal legs and servoless retracts on Hobbyking now. Just measure the stock leg length. (I've upgraded mine a year ago when there was barely anything). I suggest using 54g retract for the front (the biggest one they have) and 54g or smaller for the mains. You don't need rotating retracts if you attach the wheel on the mains inner side.
Then either glue a plywood all along the bay length and screw retract to it or glue a couple of wooden bricks on the sides and squeeze it in between.
Pic's?
Thanks, it's the quickest way for us to learn.
av8ersteve is offline Find More Posts by av8ersteve
Old Nov 21, 2012, 08:42 AM
Munich
Joined Dec 2008
1,149 Posts
New versions

Hi there,

just to let you now, at least the new version of the Lanxiang F-22 with aluminum fan housing and 17g metal gear servos supposedly hits European stores late in December.

That may mean that the upgraded Su-47 will also be eventually available. If they only fixed the foam, too... we don't know that yet.

Cheers,
Henrik
hklagges is offline Find More Posts by hklagges
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:26 PM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Oct 2010
321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by av8ersteve View Post
Pic's?
Thanks, it's the quickest way for us to learn.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...5#post21263159
Flown it 2 times this summer. One landing was pretty hard so front shaft bent abit and that was it. Much softer landing with stock retracts fractured them into pieces which damaged the bottom of the plane badly.
I've used 3mm motor and 450 heli shafts to extend legs as there were no longer ones available a year ago.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:56 PM
Cyprus, Limassol, Pareklisia
Joined Mar 2012
62 Posts
Hi guys, i really like this model but living where i do makes it very expensive to pursue the hobby! the only way for me is to purchase from China and Japan which is what i mostly do, so does anyone know where i can purchase this kit in either of those two countries??

Appreciate all your help.
1Eye is offline Find More Posts by 1Eye
Old Dec 12, 2012, 03:37 PM
Munich
Joined Dec 2008
1,149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Eye View Post
the only way for me is to purchase from China and Japan which is what i mostly do, so does anyone know where i can purchase this kit in either of those two countries??
You can buy the Su-47 kit (i.e. the foam only) from trade4me in Germany for 135 Euros including VAT (which you may get refunded).
Su-47 kit here

I don't know whether you will get it much cheaper than that from Asia, after shipping and customs.

However, keep in mind that a new version of the Su-47 seems to come out, with the upgraded fans etc. So I would be unsure whether to invest a lot of time into the old kit with its known problems, particularly the bad ducting after the fans.

Cheers,
Henrik

PS: Lindinger is having a fire sale on the whole model, i.e. with electronics. Only 199.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 06:42 PM
Flying Hazard
Spain
Joined May 2006
2,864 Posts
Wait, are you telling me that "new" Su-47 has redesigned foam molds solving some of the initial troubles? Sounds interesting...

What are the improvements?
What needs still to be adressed?

I thought this airplane had wing bending issue, Is there any progress to that respect?

Would love to fly one of these...

On that page, pics show more refined TV units, what is known about that?
SU-4ever is offline Find More Posts by SU-4ever
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:51 PM
Munich
Joined Dec 2008
1,149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SU-4ever View Post
Wait, are you telling me that "new" Su-47 has redesigned foam molds solving some of the initial troubles? Sounds interesting...
Nonono. I am NOT telling you that. I am only telling you that from Lanxiang's Alibaba pages it looks as if they created a new version of the Su-47 with upgraded fans, motors, 80A-ESCs and some servos. I really do not know if they fixed the ducting or did any other foam modification. As molds are expensive, they probably did not do so.

All I am saying is that it might be worth waiting until we know what's really in the new Su-47 before buying an old version.

Cheers,
Henrik
Old Dec 13, 2012, 05:41 PM
Flying Hazard
Spain
Joined May 2006
2,864 Posts
Ok thanks!
SU-4ever is offline Find More Posts by SU-4ever
Old Jan 05, 2013, 01:17 AM
dallas tx
Joined Jun 2003
2,901 Posts
I will get my su in the air this summer!! the bug is comming back. Let's get this thread going.
capt soap is online now Find More Posts by capt soap
Old Jan 15, 2013, 01:24 AM
Cyprus, Limassol, Pareklisia
Joined Mar 2012
62 Posts
Help!

Hi guys, i really like the look of this model and it has interested me for ages.
I have finally decided I'd like to have one, thing is i would need to buy from a Chinese vendor that accepts PayPal and i haven't found one yet, can anyone help.
1Eye is offline Find More Posts by 1Eye