SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 07, 2012, 07:10 PM
dallas tx
Joined Jun 2003
2,922 Posts
Also see Bh Has retracts in stock. the mains looks servoless, but the picture for the nosegear still show servo operated which has been my delay... Anyone know for sure?
capt soap is offline Find More Posts by capt soap
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2012, 02:53 AM
Munich
Joined Dec 2008
1,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt soap View Post
Also see Bh Has retracts in stock. the mains looks servoless, but the picture for the nosegear still show servo operated which has been my delay... Anyone know for sure?
I just looked them up. They look like the standard LX gears that are
  • bendy
  • junky
  • small-wheeled (at least rubber wheels now, it seems)
  • and with threaded pushrods made from chewing gum.
So, if you have an alternative, buy the alternative.

Cheers,
Henrik (who has had many hassles with LX gears in Su-47 and MiG-29)
hklagges is offline Find More Posts by hklagges
Old Oct 08, 2012, 04:45 PM
Joined Jun 2011
148 Posts
Mixed bag. Not sure if I can do pics or vids from my phone, but I'll try next time I get her in the air. Stock setup from BH, they told me when I bought it that the TV version was not available and wouldn't be for the foreseeable future. Same model otherwise, as far as I know. I'll snap a pic and try to show you how it is.

First flight was interesting. I hit LVC after about 1.5 mins on an older turnigy 6s 3300, so I had to set her down in some tall grass. No damage. I haven't landed on the stock 'tracts yet.
RustySpork is offline Find More Posts by RustySpork
Old Oct 08, 2012, 05:02 PM
Munich
Joined Dec 2008
1,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustySpork View Post
Mixed bag.
No worries man. You LANDED it - the black infamous Su-47! That is more than many can say. I know of at least two pilots who lost their plane on the very first flight.

Cheers,
Henrik
Old Oct 09, 2012, 09:32 AM
Joined Jun 2011
148 Posts
I'm gonna try to set up the rudders as air brakes for the next one. I have had really good luck with them on my stryker, scimitar and others. See if it helps with the landings.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 10:38 PM
Munich
Joined Dec 2008
1,160 Posts
15g servos in V3?

Hi there,
as a sidenote, Lanxiang now state on their alibaba page that - apart of the new metal fans with souped-up motors and 80A ESCs - they now use 15g servos, 16 of them in total. If true, that's quite a change from the 9g servos of old.

Has anyone seen this new version yet?

Cheers,
H

PS: The link is this one: http://lxhm.en.alibaba.com/product/3..._aircraft.html
Old Nov 01, 2012, 12:35 AM
dallas tx
Joined Jun 2003
2,922 Posts
My su has been sitting at the same completion level for over a year.took some pic's the other day, thought a friend was going to buy it.
capt soap is offline Find More Posts by capt soap
Old Nov 01, 2012, 02:47 PM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Oct 2010
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hklagges View Post
Hi there,
as a sidenote, Lanxiang now state on their alibaba page that - apart of the new metal fans with souped-up motors and 80A ESCs - they now use 15g servos, 16 of them in total. If true, that's quite a change from the 9g servos of old.

Has anyone seen this new version yet?
Cheers,
[/url]
I feel the only place where this plane would need a bigger servo is rudder TV. Even elevators are load balanced. From the other hand to put 15g they'll have to make new foam making matrix and maybe will fix existing flaws like duct expansion, too weak vertical stabs, and no internal space. But 16 servos mean retracts are still not servoless.
Sockrat is offline Find More Posts by Sockrat
Old Nov 01, 2012, 03:04 PM
Munich
Joined Dec 2008
1,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockrat View Post
From the other hand to put 15g they'll have to make new foam making matrix and maybe will fix existing flaws like duct expansion, too weak vertical stabs, and no internal space. But 16 servos mean retracts are still not servoless.
Very true. And as LX does ship servoless retracts with the LX MiG29 that would directly fit into the Su-47, maybe the data on alibaba are wrong. But I just re-checked right now, it does say 15g servos.

Cheers,
Henrik
Old Nov 09, 2012, 09:37 PM
Joined Nov 2012
5 Posts
has anyone had any trouble with the retracts? mine will not stay locked in the down position.
torch1 is offline Find More Posts by torch1
Old Nov 10, 2012, 04:48 AM
Munich
Joined Dec 2008
1,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by torch1 View Post
has anyone had any trouble with the retracts?
You should rather ask if anyone has had success with them ! I think they are not good.

Cheers,
Henrik
Old Nov 10, 2012, 12:32 PM
I did it...
Morganton, NC
Joined Jun 2005
756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by torch1 View Post
has anyone had any trouble with the retracts? mine will not stay locked in the down position.
That's the BIGGEST reason I have not yet purchased one of these, the gear problems. I'm waiting until they put servo-less retracts in them and then I'm buying.
av8ersteve is offline Find More Posts by av8ersteve
Old Nov 12, 2012, 09:42 PM
Joined Jun 2011
148 Posts
I adjusted more throw through my tx. Not the best answer, but it works for me
Old Nov 13, 2012, 09:49 PM
Joined Nov 2012
5 Posts
Had this bird for 4 months now . Never been off the ground . Been shopping for servo less retracts with no luck . Guess I'll have to wait as well .
Old Nov 13, 2012, 09:52 PM
Joined Nov 2012
5 Posts
Have tried adjusting the throw . Hasn't worked .