HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 22, 2011, 05:39 PM
Virginia Beach, VA
Joined Nov 2006
971 Posts
Actually I made mine into a pusher BUT haven't flown it yet or have the rudders on yet for that matter. And I still need to more secure the stick mount stick from torque twisting a little. I've ram the stick up its behind but on top a little. I also glassed the whole jet too like some have in the thread.
The set up I'm using is a Scorpion SII-3020-1500 Custom from Lucien Miller from Innov8tive Designs, Inc.(great guy) with a Mystery Pentium 60amp w/no Bec. I'm using a 5amp UBEC. Btw, I'm using a 3300mah 4s. After running it up holding it, it is well over 1to1.! I It will clime out!

Look, everyone, I'm a little scared to fly it after reading the thread this past year so don't rush me. I trying to take my time right now. I just want the c of g at factory which to my understanding is give and take nose heavy/ perfect/ just right for flying this particular forward swept beauty.

I have the landing gear installed. Not sure if I will use them if any cause don't have access to pave runways/parking lots. I fly in grass fields so more than likely it will be a belly lander. Who knows, I might just rip them out later, just don't know yet. I would put up some pics of my plane but right now I have to go somewhere. Will talk later.
Anthony
anthodenn is offline Find More Posts by anthodenn
Last edited by anthodenn; Dec 22, 2011 at 05:47 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 22, 2011, 09:41 PM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Oct 2010
208 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjo View Post
Theres no problem with having a big pusher!
Well, it might be. The point where throttle force is applied moves back 1ft. It's certainly not a problem when it moves forward but here I believe it will make plane way more sensitive and agile. Although there are videos of profile su-47 with 1-2 props in the back. I guess as long as you don't give it full throttle at launch it should be manageable.
Sockrat is offline Find More Posts by Sockrat
Old Dec 25, 2011, 12:37 PM
Joined May 2009
380 Posts
can anyone confirm that T-Pro MG90 servos (hobbypartz) fit the servo openings correctly? I have a lot of types of 9G servos and most do not fit correctly. The distance above the mounting tabs needs to be 10-11mm
davidgp is offline Find More Posts by davidgp
Old Jan 13, 2012, 12:41 PM
United States, CA, Lake Forest
Joined Nov 2010
565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirdredd View Post
Seems under powered once you got air born. Just didn't look like the fans were pushing hard enough and she looked nose heavy. did you check your CG before flying?
true, i swped out teh EDF's for the ones in the Mig-29, seams like 2x the power.
Wargassm is offline Find More Posts by Wargassm
Old Jan 13, 2012, 01:14 PM
United States, CA, Lake Forest
Joined Nov 2010
565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveBC View Post
Yeah mine goes thru a 5000mAh pak in five minutes
odd, i find that i had to add around 100g of weight to tail so i coudl use some thunderpwoer 2x3s 4400ma 45c and 65c.

fortuntely i found some Genace 4000ma lipos the same weight as the stock 6s 3600ma. Flies a little faster and seams more responsive with less weight.

My only thing onthe plane is its difficult to do a loop with no TV. almost stalls at the top. All surfaces are @ recomended settings.

hopefully will find out soon enough.
Wargassm is offline Find More Posts by Wargassm
Old Jan 23, 2012, 03:13 PM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Oct 2010
208 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargassm View Post
true, i swped out teh EDF's for the ones in the Mig-29, seams like 2x the power.
Aren't stock fans identical in these?
Regarding batteries my stock MIG is 75Amp, SU with 2500kv Cyclone motors 105 Amp. This tells me 4000 30C battery is more than enough. Ordered 4500 25C nano-techs for Mig for lower voltage sag.
Sockrat is offline Find More Posts by Sockrat
Old Jan 23, 2012, 06:42 PM
Haul ass! Turn left sometimes
United States, ID, Idaho Falls
Joined May 2011
101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgp View Post
can anyone confirm that T-Pro MG90 servos (hobbypartz) fit the servo openings correctly? I have a lot of types of 9G servos and most do not fit correctly. The distance above the mounting tabs needs to be 10-11mm
Both of these happen to be 10mm from mounting tab up.

I used these Corona 939MG http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...oduct=14459for all servo locations except the canards.

I used these Corona 928BB for the canards http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=10344

Hope that info helps!

H-V-A
Gee-Bee-R2-Racer is offline Find More Posts by Gee-Bee-R2-Racer
Last edited by Gee-Bee-R2-Racer; Jan 23, 2012 at 08:07 PM.
Old Feb 05, 2012, 09:30 AM
Eternal Sub, Heli/Plane Newb
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jan 2009
10 Posts
Hi guys,

I've recently bought one of these bad boys, already built by it's previous owner. As our club flies off grass, I'm wondering what replacement retracts would suit?
I did try the search function but to no avail.

Thanks all, great thread
ConcreteTurtle is offline Find More Posts by ConcreteTurtle
Old Feb 05, 2012, 12:05 PM
Haul ass! Turn left sometimes
United States, ID, Idaho Falls
Joined May 2011
101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcreteTurtle View Post
Hi guys,

I've recently bought one of these bad boys, already built by it's previous owner. As our club flies off grass, I'm wondering what replacement retracts would suit?
I did try the search function but to no avail.

Thanks all, great thread
I have wondered this myself. Also thought about bungee launching it, but man that defeats the scale feel and look of this beautiful machine taking off and landing.. Also the experience of landing on the wheels safely after a nice flight is a great feeling!
Gee-Bee-R2-Racer is offline Find More Posts by Gee-Bee-R2-Racer
Old Apr 27, 2012, 05:58 PM
Dir_D_Redd
United States, GA, Clayton
Joined Jan 2010
330 Posts
looking for a nose retract. pm me if you are willing to sell
dirdredd is offline Find More Posts by dirdredd
Old Apr 29, 2012, 12:45 AM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
subscribed
Bravo47 is offline Find More Posts by Bravo47
Old May 14, 2012, 10:18 AM
Italy, Lombardia, Bergamo
Joined Mar 2012
20 Posts
hi,
I need help with the links of a Sukhoi Su-47 ..
The question may seem stupid but I can not be solved around ...

Then the wires coming into the receiver and connected them as follows:

Spektrum receiver Ar8000:

Ch1-Thro - Throttle
Ch2 Aile - Aileron
Ch3 Elev - Elevator
Ch4 Rudd - Direction
Ch5 Gear - retracts
Ch6 Aux1 - Bomb Door
Ch7 Aux2 - Empty
Ch8 Aux 3 - Empty

so far is correct right?
hours arrival to the problem ...
the model also has this cable should be the UBEC is correct?? where do I connect it to the receiver?? :

By comelit79 at 2012-05-14

also this mysterious cable .. I do not know what it is .. seems to come from the front door of the reach truck ... but it is not the wire of the cart ... What is it? where do I connect it?

I hope you can help ...
thanks,
Fabio
comelit79 is offline Find More Posts by comelit79
Old May 14, 2012, 01:47 PM
dallas tx
Joined Jun 2003
2,846 Posts
Lit79, mines half built. I cant help,(amnesia). I wont do any further work till I get more ram space in my brain. Lee
capt soap is online now Find More Posts by capt soap
Old May 14, 2012, 03:58 PM
Munich
Joined Dec 2008
1,097 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by comelit79 View Post
the model also has this cable should be the UBEC is correct?? where do I connect it to the receiver?
That seems to be correct. You can connect it to the battery input of your receiver, if it has one, or to any free channel output, if any are left free. If all channel outputs are used by servos, you can connect a y-cable to it and the servo and connect the single end of the y-cable to the receiver. In each case, you will have supplied power to the receiver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comelit79 View Post
also this mysterious cable .. I do not know what it is .. seems to come from the front door of the reach truck ... but it is not the wire of the cart ... What is it? where do I connect it?
That cable connects to a landing light which is mounted on the front retract. You can connect it to a free output on the receiver, or also via a y-cable. Or you can simply leave it unconnected, of course.

Hope this helps,
Henrik
hklagges is offline Find More Posts by hklagges
Old May 15, 2012, 04:43 AM
Italy, Lombardia, Bergamo
Joined Mar 2012
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hklagges View Post
That seems to be correct. You can connect it to the battery input of your receiver, if it has one, or to any free channel output, if any are left free. If all channel outputs are used by servos, you can connect a y-cable to it and the servo and connect the single end of the y-cable to the receiver. In each case, you will have supplied power to the receiver.

That cable connects to a landing light which is mounted on the front retract. You can connect it to a free output on the receiver, or also via a y-cable. Or you can simply leave it unconnected, of course.

Hope this helps,
Henrik

thank you so much...
you solved my doubts,
Fabio
comelit79 is offline Find More Posts by comelit79