HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 18, 2010, 05:26 PM
Adelaide,South Australia
Joined Jul 2003
1,134 Posts
has this been asked before?- where can i get the airframe only- in the top and bottom halves?
what_the?! is offline Find More Posts by what_the?!
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2010, 05:21 PM
Munich
Joined Dec 2008
1,172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by what_the?! View Post
has this been asked before?- where can i get the airframe only- in the top and bottom halves?
The only company that I am aware of that carries the airframe-only is xpowershop.de. They charge 160 Euros for the kit (including VAT). I built it from their kit. It took a lot of time.

Cheers,
Henrik
hklagges is online now Find More Posts by hklagges
Old Nov 20, 2010, 01:04 AM
Joined Aug 2007
448 Posts
Try here.

http://www.toysonics.com/sukhoi-su-4...gear-door.html

X30
X30PILOT is online now Find More Posts by X30PILOT
Old Nov 20, 2010, 01:45 AM
Adelaide,South Australia
Joined Jul 2003
1,134 Posts
thanks guys. rc castle also do them for 152US
what_the?! is offline Find More Posts by what_the?!
Old Nov 20, 2010, 07:45 PM
Munich
Joined Dec 2008
1,172 Posts
V2?

Hello there,

thanks for the pointer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by X30PILOT View Post
They call this a "V2", a version 2. What is new? They quote something like "Latest design of landing gear doors, and plastic socket vector thrust system". Does anyone of you have information about this new stuff?

Cheers,
Henrik
Old Nov 30, 2010, 02:18 PM
Joined Nov 2010
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hklagges View Post
Hello there,

thanks for the pointer.

They call this a "V2", a version 2. What is new? They quote something like "Latest design of landing gear doors, and plastic socket vector thrust system". Does anyone of you have information about this new stuff?

Cheers,
Henrik

This is the version that i received. What sort of information do you need? Also, i am having troubles with one of the ESC's/engines on this plane, i have the throttle cable and it is suppose to "Y" to the 2 esc's (I think that is what i have been told) Although when i check for the "Y" cable, i do not see one, only the one cable that vanishes behind a wall in the back of the fuselage. So it could be, that one of the esc's is not connected correctly or is no connected at all, or the esc is truly bad. Only one way to find out is go under the knife. Which i dread doing and it saddens me greatly.
Soviet87 is offline Find More Posts by Soviet87
Old Nov 30, 2010, 07:17 PM
Fly, Crash, Burn,
United States, CT, Danbury
Joined Jul 2008
667 Posts
If you can compare a few things to the older version, that would be great. the older version did NOT have any carbon spars in wings., the gear doors were flimsy, the chute deployment system was unpredictable., my version did not have functioning rudder in it, but the one's from banana hobby did have it. is the mixing still elevator-ali-canards? are the retracts mechanical or the worm gear servo operated? The dowels which operate the TV nozzles are flimsy too are they same or any improvement? the TV nozzles have too much play in them are they upgraded?
f4addict is offline Find More Posts by f4addict
Old Dec 01, 2010, 07:31 AM
Joined Nov 2010
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by f4addict View Post
If you can compare a few things to the older version, that would be great. the older version did NOT have any carbon spars in wings., the gear doors were flimsy, the chute deployment system was unpredictable., my version did not have functioning rudder in it, but the one's from banana hobby did have it. is the mixing still elevator-ali-canards? are the retracts mechanical or the worm gear servo operated? The dowels which operate the TV nozzles are flimsy too are they same or any improvement? the TV nozzles have too much play in them are they upgraded?
If you give me a bit, i will make a youtube video for you when i get it back together, currently have one of the engines out so i can get to the ESC to replace it, it shipped with a bum one. I have already sent up approval for RMA through banana hobby.
Old Dec 01, 2010, 01:01 PM
Munich
Joined Dec 2008
1,172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet87 View Post
currently have one of the engines out so i can get to the ESC to replace it, it shipped with a bum one.
Same here with my new red Lanxiang MiG-29, by the way. One ESC or the motor connected to it dead from the start. Wuerg .

Cheers,
Henrik
Old Dec 01, 2010, 01:31 PM
Joined Nov 2010
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hklagges View Post
Same here with my new red Lanxiang MiG-29, by the way. One ESC or the motor connected to it dead from the start. Wuerg .

Cheers,
Henrik
I actually got a quote from one place in china for about 145$ shipped. So BH prb gets the around 200ish and makes a killing of each plane sold. I just feel ripped. That much money only to have to rip out an engine and an esc, they need quality control, and they need it bad. Have they approved your RMA as of yet?
Old Dec 01, 2010, 11:09 PM
Joined Nov 2010
37 Posts
Also thinking about glassing the jet. Making it resistant to scratches and small dents. Probably will do wing spars as well. I am looking at some turnigy 85amp esc. Just to have something different and of quality.
Old Dec 01, 2010, 11:44 PM
United States, CA, Dublin
Joined Sep 2008
1,010 Posts
Quote:
Also thinking about glassing the jet. Making it resistant to scratches and small dents. Probably will do wing spars as well. I am looking at some turnigy 85amp esc. Just to have something different and of quality.
By glassing, do you mean adding actual fiberglass? If yes, that will make it terribly heavy, and ugly. If you're talking about only applying coats of epoxy, then that will make it shinier, but wont make too much more stronger. I did the same to my SU-47 (go back a few pages to see the pictures). It doesn't help with dents at all, since the foams is still compressible. It'll protect somewhat against minor scratches, that's about it.

In fact, I've decided that I henceforth hate foamies. Yes, you can mould really scale fuselages, but they're so damn fragile. Mine already has a dozen dents on it simply from from me picking it up, setting it on the stand etc.
Mtn_Commando is offline Find More Posts by Mtn_Commando
Old Dec 02, 2010, 07:01 AM
Joined Nov 2010
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn_Commando View Post
By glassing, do you mean adding actual fiberglass? If yes, that will make it terribly heavy, and ugly. If you're talking about only applying coats of epoxy, then that will make it shinier, but wont make too much more stronger. I did the same to my SU-47 (go back a few pages to see the pictures). It doesn't help with dents at all, since the foams is still compressible. It'll protect somewhat against minor scratches, that's about it.

In fact, I've decided that I henceforth hate foamies. Yes, you can mould really scale fuselages, but they're so damn fragile. Mine already has a dozen dents on it simply from from me picking it up, setting it on the stand etc.

Why don't they give these things like hard shells on the outside and use foam on the inside?
Old Dec 02, 2010, 07:11 AM
Joined Nov 2010
37 Posts
Okay, after some more testing, both engines work, it is indeed the ESC as i originally thought. It does get warm to the touch though. Not to sure about that.
Old Dec 02, 2010, 11:09 AM
Munich
Joined Dec 2008
1,172 Posts
Quote:
Why don't they give these things like hard shells on the outside and use foam on the inside?
Oh, check out the RC-Lander planes that have versions with a polycarbonate outer skin, for example the F9F. Exactly as you describe. Of course, they are more expensive and also a bit heavier. But they look good!

Cheers,
Henrik