Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 24, 2010, 02:23 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2008
999 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hklagges View Post
Hehe, the pain, the horror :-). If I think how much extra work I put in to get ball nozzles etc to the Su-47, grmbl. But anyway, I just pre-ordered a Mig and am curious. But it will probably take 2-3 weeks or so before it is really here.

Cheers,
Henrik
[QUOTE]
Good thing it's not available in the US right now, else I would be sooo tempted to get it even though I am yet to maiden my 47.
Mtn_Commando is offline Find More Posts by Mtn_Commando
to remove ads between posts
Old May 24, 2010, 04:03 PM
Fly, Crash, Burn,
United States, CT, Danbury
Joined Jul 2008
667 Posts
Commando, you took the words right out of my mouth.
f4addict is offline Find More Posts by f4addict
Old May 24, 2010, 09:25 PM
Fly, Crash, Burn,
United States, CT, Danbury
Joined Jul 2008
667 Posts
Here's the video. I had fun with the wing bending of the plane.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...2#post15164337
f4addict is offline Find More Posts by f4addict
Old May 25, 2010, 04:23 AM
Melbourne, Aust
Joined Nov 2009
29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Angel View Post
What happened to your 34
Well it was the first flight of our clubs twins comp. blassted out and threw it around for about 2 minutes before the high speed low level. leveled out from a dive, motor stopped and i had nothing, the thing ballooned up to 50 feet, stalled and blew its self apart 10 meters from me. motors and ecs's were the only thing ok, post mortom. The deans (plane side) was removed from the ECS leads very cleanly and was still plugged into the battery, no fracture,tear or anything. Therory? i think the wires got that hot during the flight they melted off the back of the deans plug. the solder was very dry and the tac spot was not the entire rear ot the connector. pissed me off. must have had 50 flights with it and to go in on a comp. how imbarrasing!!!!!
I loved that plane
lovetofly25 is offline Find More Posts by lovetofly25
Last edited by lovetofly25; May 25, 2010 at 11:06 PM.
Old May 25, 2010, 04:34 AM
Melbourne, Aust
Joined Nov 2009
29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn_Commando View Post
Did anyone else have trouble getting the gear doors to work? It's tricky getting the string to be just the right length.
I hear ya, just got mine back in the air after modifications. removed allthe gear doors and painted the U/C mat black. rewired the ailerons for roll only, not an easy task as i got the ARF version. Sunk some 4mm square CF tube into the full lenth of the wing to eliminate the flex. Removed the TV nozzeles ( a discision made when i had my beautiful 34) and reduced the outled nozzels by 3mm. the thing flys beautifully and more importantly, no gear doors hanging down.
lovetofly25 is offline Find More Posts by lovetofly25
Last edited by lovetofly25; May 25, 2010 at 04:40 AM.
Old May 28, 2010, 02:56 PM
Joined Sep 2008
999 Posts
Man these @#$ gear doors. My hat is off to the Lanxiang workers who can make these facking things work.

One thing's for sure, my next edf (probably the LX Mig 29) will be purchased RTF. So much nicer to fly make minor mods and just go fly.

This one's almost complete. Pics coming soon. Going to the Jones Beach air show tomorrow, so planning the maiden for Sunday or Monday.
Old May 28, 2010, 03:53 PM
Munich
Joined Dec 2008
1,097 Posts
Quote:
Man these @#$ gear doors. My hat is off to the Lanxiang workers who can make these facking things work.
Can they? In the BH hobby video, the front gear door was not properly closed. I left them off.

Quote:
One thing's for sure, my next edf (probably the LX Mig 29) will be purchased RTF. So much nicer to fly make minor mods and just go fly.
Absolutely!

Have a good first flight.

Cheers,
Henrik
hklagges is offline Find More Posts by hklagges
Old Jun 04, 2010, 05:32 PM
Joined Sep 2008
999 Posts
Hello Gents,

No maiden yet, hopefully tomorrow. AUW is around 2715 grams. CoG is around 3.5cm behind factory line.

I have added all three gyros. The gyros are rate, and stabilize TV servos only (no surfaces). Maiden will be done with 0% gain. The gyro sit under the cockpit, which is removable. This cockpit size is almost perfect scale for this model.

Here are some pics:
Old Jun 05, 2010, 04:15 AM
Flying Hazard
Spain
Joined May 2006
2,601 Posts
Why 0%?
SU-4ever is offline Find More Posts by SU-4ever
Old Jun 05, 2010, 05:21 AM
Flies to poles
Far far North +2 zulu
Joined Jun 2008
46 Posts
One of your wires are wired negative to positive.Check that out
kreot is offline Find More Posts by kreot
Old Jun 05, 2010, 05:36 AM
Flying Hazard
Spain
Joined May 2006
2,601 Posts
And remember, the gyros work better when closer to the rotational axis, let's see how will they do at the nose of the plane. Good luck with the maiden!
Old Jun 05, 2010, 03:04 PM
Munich
Joined Dec 2008
1,097 Posts
Hello Commando,

Quote:
AUW is around 2715 grams. CoG is around 3.5cm behind factory line.
That is a lot! Too much IMHO. You will probably fall out of the sky. Can't you make it 1.5 cm or less?

Cheers,
Henrik
Old Jun 05, 2010, 03:15 PM
Flying Hazard
Spain
Joined May 2006
2,601 Posts
It weights a lot but I can't see where's the problem with the CG backwards. This plane tends to nose down as factory default, and he will be using gyros, so?
Old Jun 05, 2010, 06:45 PM
Munich
Joined Dec 2008
1,097 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SU-4ever View Post
This plane tends to nose down as factory default, and he will be using gyros, so?
Well, two points:
  • My Su-47 became tail heavy and harder to control with the cog only 1.5cms more back than the factory setting.
  • His gyros control only the tv nozzles, so even if the tv nozzles are able to forcibly compensate for the 2 extra cm, whenever you change thrust, the nozzles will have to adjust. In particular, if you kill the thrust e.g. when coming in to land, the nozzles can't compensate any more and the plane will be suddenly very tail heavy. So it will be hard to land (balloon up etc).
Old Jun 06, 2010, 07:17 PM
Joined Sep 2008
999 Posts
What I meant was it's 3.5cm total, so 1 cm behind factory setting.

No maiden yet, it was windy and couldn't find time. Next weekend.

I had initially planned on housing the gyros right above the receiver, but then it would have been sealed inside the fuselage and I wouldn't have been able to access it for modifying gain. Then I thought about housing them within the edf access hatch block, but that would have been too much vibrations. So the only place I could think of was the cockpit, even though it puts it away from the rotational axis. I'm thinking I can make it work by playing with the gain.

I plan to maiden without any gain to see how she behaves and trim it out. Then i'll dial up the gyros and see if they make any difference.