HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 11, 2009, 03:43 PM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,041 Posts
I found another vendor who is selling them. $345 shipped for the RTF version with the 6S 3600 lipo. I see Banana will have them for $307 shipped to me and that is without the radio and battery. Could probably sell the garbage tx, rx and lipo for more than the difference. Just another option if you aren't comfortable with BH. Although they also show the same model for $275 shipped so not sure what they are truly doing.

http://rc-batam.com/index.php?target...s&product_id=8
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 11, 2009, 06:36 PM
Joined Jan 2009
47 Posts
Sounds right about the Banana Hobby pricing, when you convert our Australian Dollar to US$, our pricing would match Banana Hobby, but the link above, their pricing is WAY OFF, take it from us , a sole distributor for Lanxiang Down Under, they have not advertised the correct pricing in our opinion. Seems way under priced for this jet, and at thi stage the colour packaging for this jet has not been completed yet either. So the box displayed would not be the completed article. Just giving you the heads up Sid3ways.
XtremeHobby is offline Find More Posts by XtremeHobby
Old Nov 11, 2009, 09:13 PM
Buzz Run Extraordinare!
USA, MI, Sanford
Joined Jul 2006
2,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid3ways View Post
I found another vendor who is selling them. $345 shipped for the RTF version with the 6S 3600 lipo. I see Banana will have them for $307 shipped to me and that is without the radio and battery. Could probably sell the garbage tx, rx and lipo for more than the difference. Just another option if you aren't comfortable with BH. Although they also show the same model for $275 shipped so not sure what they are truly doing.

http://rc-batam.com/index.php?target...s&product_id=8
I think they confused the 4ch one (the non tv one with the weird canopy) with the 6ch one and copy and pasted (notice how it says 55mm?)
b-29er is offline Find More Posts by b-29er
Old Nov 13, 2009, 11:51 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2008
999 Posts
Subscribing...
Mtn_Commando is offline Find More Posts by Mtn_Commando
Old Nov 15, 2009, 05:27 AM
Joined Jan 2009
47 Posts
b-29er I think your right, 100%!, There is no doubt they have copied and pasted the soon to be released SU47 on the advert for the 4ch basic model previously released from another factory. Thanks Guys!
XtremeHobby is offline Find More Posts by XtremeHobby
Old Nov 15, 2009, 09:02 AM
Buzz Run Extraordinare!
USA, MI, Sanford
Joined Jul 2006
2,371 Posts
Thanks for the pre=release vid. Actually gives me a idea of the capabilities of the plane.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 04:01 AM
Sydney
Joined Jul 2008
65 Posts
XtremeHobby, I know that hobby shops down here in Terra Australis ALWAYS without fail run up prices well above the US/ebay (and Europe is even worse...) but Bananahobby's $345 is about $370 AUD at the moment - almost $200 AUD difference with even less shipping than from CHina to US is quite substantial lol...
alphacenturi is offline Find More Posts by alphacenturi
Old Nov 16, 2009, 04:10 AM
Sydney
Joined Jul 2008
65 Posts
Sorry it seems its actually about 500USD... didnt read the bit about 354 for ARF not RTF lol. Where are you located? Quite impressed a) that EDFs have easily gotten to the $500 mark and b) an Australian company has managed not to quadruple the standard price!
alphacenturi is offline Find More Posts by alphacenturi
Old Nov 16, 2009, 10:27 AM
Joined Apr 2009
630 Posts
Xtreme,

Having seen them up close and personal what do you think about the plastic retracts.

I know you probably haven't flown it yet so I'm wondering what your instinct is about them.

Seem to have a lot more base area to make a stronger mount to the foam than the plastic/metal LG that come with most or the other foam retract ready jets that many seem to have problems with.

Seems to me with the nearly unbreakable polymers available today maybe they could be the best option for these size jets? Lightweight and strong with a little flex thrown in to help absorb shocks without all the complication and weight of springs.

Q
QueeQueg is offline Find More Posts by QueeQueg
Old Nov 17, 2009, 02:13 PM
Buzz Run Extraordinare!
USA, MI, Sanford
Joined Jul 2006
2,371 Posts
I've been talking to RC-BATAM today, since they were selling 2 su-47's until today. Apparrently, they are selling the RTF version is selling for 249, and the 319 was a mistake. I am trying to confirm if this is the lanxiang su-47 with TV (i assume it is, but pricepoint is in a great range, which is slightly odd). How many people would be interested in buying at the 249 price point?
Old Nov 17, 2009, 02:46 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2008
999 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by b-29er View Post
I've been talking to RC-BATAM today, since they were selling 2 su-47's until today. Apparrently, they are selling the RTF version is selling for 249, and the 319 was a mistake. I am trying to confirm if this is the lanxiang su-47 with TV (i assume it is, but pricepoint is in a great range, which is slightly odd). How many people would be interested in buying at the 249 price point?
I seriously doubt its the twin 70 mm that they're selling. The pic is of the smaller one, and price they're quoting is half of bananahobby's price. They probably screwed up the description.
Mtn_Commando is offline Find More Posts by Mtn_Commando
Old Nov 17, 2009, 02:46 PM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,041 Posts
Me without a doubt.

But check the descriptions on almost all of their planes, they are screwed up showing different pictures, wrong data, and lots more. It isn't just this one.
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Old Nov 17, 2009, 05:25 PM
Buzz Run Extraordinare!
USA, MI, Sanford
Joined Jul 2006
2,371 Posts
I just got word back from them.

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 6:23 PM, <rbsales@rc-batam.com> wrote:

Dear Mr Brad,

Yes, we sell orginal product and complite thrust vectoring, retracts and
parachute with US$249.99

don't worry sir, we will provide our best products to customers. and we'll
waiting for your reply. Thank you

Best Regards
Andika Rahman
Sales Of RC BATAM, PT
andikarahman79@yahoo.com
rbsales@rc-batam.com
www.rc-batam.com
Old Nov 17, 2009, 05:29 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2009
206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by b-29er View Post
I just got word back from them.

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 6:23 PM, <rbsales@rc-batam.com> wrote:

Dear Mr Brad,

Yes, we sell orginal product and complite thrust vectoring, retracts and
parachute with US$249.99

don't worry sir, we will provide our best products to customers. and we'll
waiting for your reply. Thank you

Best Regards
Andika Rahman
Sales Of RC BATAM, PT
andikarahman79@yahoo.com
rbsales@rc-batam.com
www.rc-batam.com

what about the shipping cost for SU-47 to USA?

Thanks

flapdown is offline Find More Posts by flapdown
Old Nov 17, 2009, 05:42 PM
Buzz Run Extraordinare!
USA, MI, Sanford
Joined Jul 2006
2,371 Posts
i was quoted 23 dollars to ship the su-47 and f-14 together for 1-week shipping. So, i would assume 23 dollars.

Communication also isn't an issue. I've been in contact since this morning via email and have received 4 responses. Not bad considering the time zones.