Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 04, 2010, 06:34 PM
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Aug 2009
8,432 Posts
I'll check it out and get back with you J.
efflux RC is offline Find More Posts by efflux RC
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Updated blog Jan 2014
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2010, 07:03 PM
Joined Aug 2004
976 Posts
MEGA 16/35/1 is probably the closest. kv=3500 i believe
tho98027 is offline Find More Posts by tho98027
Old Feb 04, 2010, 07:42 PM
Joined Aug 2009
8,432 Posts
it's 3600KV. I think he going for lower amps/more V. there may other options. It will be a few hours before I have more info.
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 04, 2010, 08:20 PM
Joined Aug 2004
976 Posts
16/35/1.5R =2700kv
16/40/1 = 3000kv
Old Feb 04, 2010, 09:20 PM
Never fly an A model anything!
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,924 Posts
I am hoping to spin the DS30 up to 70k rpm on a max of 7s and using a cc125 ice esc. That is the target. I expect itwill be a reasonable benchmark for the competition. I know it won't be enough to win but it is what I expect to be within my capabilities to control.

Better flying and better build quality is likely to make even larger differences.

I have had to start slow on the project as not all parts are in yet....obviously including motor. I like the idea of the ARC as I have confidence that the bearings and winds can take the heat. J

Sorry off topic because the planned power system is for the Viperjet.
jayb1rdz is offline Find More Posts by jayb1rdz
Old Feb 04, 2010, 10:16 PM
Joined Aug 2004
976 Posts
70k? Yikes! I imagine that is going to take 3000+ watts. Are you using a phoenix 125 or an phoenix ice 100? Phoenix 125 is only rated for 6s lipo. Phoenix ice can handle 8s.
Old Feb 04, 2010, 11:48 PM
Never fly an A model anything!
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,924 Posts
CC ICE 100 it is...I ordered from SAPAC along with the Viper struts. should be here end of next week.
jayb1rdz is offline Find More Posts by jayb1rdz
Old Feb 05, 2010, 07:22 AM
Team White Llama!
Joined Jan 2008
8,144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tho98027 View Post
70k? Yikes! I imagine that is going to take 3000+ watts. Are you using a phoenix 125 or an phoenix ice 100? Phoenix 125 is only rated for 6s lipo. Phoenix ice can handle 8s.
Yeah, it does ask it how I know
gundamnitpete is offline Find More Posts by gundamnitpete
Old Feb 05, 2010, 09:47 AM
Joined Aug 2009
8,432 Posts
efflux RC news...

Hi guys,
I have recieved a number of PMs and emails regarding the ARC motors.
I still, fully intend on carrying the ARC motors. All requirements to carry them are in order. I have added them to my business cards last month. (see below)
The fact is.....as most of you already know, a number of ARC motor styles are out of stock at Light Flight. and have not been replaced. I will not speculate on the situation, as it is not my business to spread rumors.
Yes, the ARCs are great motors and we will continue waiting. I have taken orders for ARCs that I have not fullfulled (That's beyond my control, and have offered a full refund)

The addition of the Mega motors is just one more product that we added to our line up....Just as we offer Skyworld jets, and we offer SAPAC jets. I have no claims as to the superiority of any product. I am merleyattempting to grow a little and provide my customers with more choices.

I hope that clears things up.

Gary
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 05, 2010, 02:21 PM
Austin,TX
Joined Jul 2009
240 Posts
Thanks for the info Gary, and the great customer service!
billcat is offline Find More Posts by billcat
Old Feb 05, 2010, 05:38 PM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Mar 2008
3,820 Posts
efflux RC,

It is great to have you as a MEGA dealer.

You will love the performance of the MEGA motors.

They have low resistance values, even their higher turn (lower KV) motors can take more AMPs than many other manufacturer's lower turn (higher KV) motors.

No habit of kicking their end bells off either....LOL....

My friends and I run them with props and no other motor has been able to take the same abuse.
I played with many of their most powerful 28mm motors. Choice of 3.2mm, 5mm, and now even 4mm (Extra 5 Euro).

They have added 22/50/X 75mm long 330-340 gram and also 22/60/X (should be 85mm long) to their 36mm diameter line up....choice of 5mm or 8mm shafts.

They have cooling vent holes on both ends.

Option of 100,000 RPM bearing at extra $$.

In the last year he has added MANY motors to his line up.

The owner is a good guy and you will enjoy working with him.

*** Which day next week are you placing your MEGA motor order?
Some friends of mine want to pre-pay for their motors and get included in that same order.
The wait will be much shorter than for NEU and it'll have several advantages for our propped application where we push really serious AMPs.

Your new friend,

Gryphon
GryphonRCU is offline Find More Posts by GryphonRCU
Old Feb 05, 2010, 06:57 PM
Joined Aug 2004
976 Posts
Gary, MEGA is supposed to be updating their website sometime next week, but don't hold me to it. Maybe you already new that. Hopefully some new motors/winds will be listed. Anyway, would be nice to choose from the latest stuff available before placing an order, unless you already know of anything new. Just my .02.
Old Feb 05, 2010, 07:00 PM
Joined Aug 2004
976 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GryphonRCU View Post
efflux RC,

They have low resistance values, even their higher turn (lower KV) motors can take more AMPs than many other manufacturer's lower turn (higher KV) motors.

My friends and I run them with props and no other motor has been able to take the same abuse.
I played with many of their most powerful 28mm motors. Choice of 3.2mm, 5mm, and now even 4mm (Extra 5 Euro).

They have added 22/50/X 75mm long 330-340 gram and also 22/60/X (should be 85mm long) to their 36mm diameter line up....choice of 5mm or 8mm shafts.

Some friends of mine want to pre-pay for their motors and get included in that same order.
The wait will be much shorter than for NEU and it'll have several advantages for our propped application where we push really serious AMPs.

Your new friend,

Gryphon
Is that a 22/50/1.5e?
Old Feb 05, 2010, 07:23 PM
Joined Aug 2009
8,432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GryphonRCU View Post
efflux RC,

Your new friend,

Gryphon
Gryphon,

I'm aware that you do quite a bit of testing, from the pusher and flying wings threads.
Thanks for your help and the additional information. Having one. updated spec sheet will be a huge help, due to my unfamiliarity with all but a few motors.
Some folks who are familiar with Megas, have placed orders. I will most likey be ordering from Mega next Friday.

Gary
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 05, 2010, 07:47 PM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Mar 2008
3,820 Posts
tho98027,

No, it is not.

efflux RC,

Thanks for letting me know about the date that you are going to place your MEGA order.

Hopefully my friends and others will let you know by Thursday night or Friday morning.

I also have a list of Low KV motors for use with 120mm fans. I'll try and dig it up.
Feel free to remind me in a PM to post them in case I take too long or forget.

Gryphon
GryphonRCU is offline Find More Posts by GryphonRCU