..how the back coming ?
AIR SALLY is offline Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2010, 02:44 AM
Suspended Account
Mokena,Illinois -United States
Joined Oct 2006
5,826 Posts
Very SLOOOOOW and painful. Arthritis in both joints cause they have taken over 2.5 years to finally give me my surgery. Oh well, I'm use to gettin screwed! LOL. I cant feel most of my left leg and at times part of my right one, but other than that I'm great! LOL!
Its in the single didgits out here with lots-o-snow. I hate Illinois!!!!! I blame my parents.
lavochkin is offline Find More Posts by lavochkin
Old Jan 29, 2010, 02:45 AM
Never fly an A model anything!
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,955 Posts
It couldn't be good if he keeps getting sausaged....

F-20 stuff.

Hey Gary, harrass these guys for the pictures so we know what we are getting and can start planning. Ask them for a copy of the build manual as I am sure that that would answer a lot of questions. It could help to nip small problem early so there are no repeats of the "Black Widow" motor disapointments.

I am hoping that this is a respectable leave in the car model that can take a bit of rough treatment unlike the balsa HET model that really doesnt like belly landing and hanging on to its shape.

J
jayb1rdz is offline Find More Posts by jayb1rdz
Old Jan 29, 2010, 02:54 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,826 Posts
LOL!!! Ya talkin Phantom Jim?? Hell even the HET glass models dont like being touched. That polyester resin really sucks. Way too brittle and heavy.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 03:04 AM
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Aug 2009
8,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SALLY View Post
this thread is in a spin!...check spin direction
At least were all getting along.
Italians, Germans, Polish,...everybody knows there's no americans in America!

Oh I almost forgot J. it's your turn bud.....Good point regarding the manual. I'll ask Dave for a copy of it and post it for us all. BTW..your one of us. whether you want to be or not!

Sorry Brent, not yet, but if you dream real hard, they might be here in the morning........................................Not !
efflux RC is offline Find More Posts by efflux RC
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Updated blog Jan 2014
Old Jan 29, 2010, 03:12 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,826 Posts
Brents dreaming of Butt, I mean Just plugs!! LOL!!

It might wind up being Brent who actually makes the manual via CP.
I sure hope these turn out to be real good jets. It looks nice.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 03:45 AM
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,955 Posts
Foam is better than paper. Poly is better than Foam and Epoxy is better than Poly.

I didn't miss balsa....it just dosn't seem to fit the EDF thing well.

Don't knock the poly too hard just yet as it is likely what we just bought. I have been happy with the SAPAC stuff too as i know it is mostly a price thing.

Still the best stuff I have ever owned is Ken's.

I'm a mix as well. Dad was born in Egypt to Brit and Greek parents. Mum Aussie. Most relatives over in Switzerland or USA as they all seem to academics. Wife is half Scott and Italian/croat. Black hair and Blue eyes and yes you could apply the regular jokes about scotts and italians here......
Last edited by jayb1rdz; Jan 29, 2010 at 03:50 AM.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 03:48 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,826 Posts
Yup! Amen to that. For 70mm sized stuff anyways.
My Bvm Electra is the best quality I ever owned. Next is My shubeler Bae hawk, Tams 1/12 F-16/Savex L-39 are tied. Good stuff, but ya pay for it especially at BVM.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 03:51 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,826 Posts
Actually I need to call Ken. I'm getting kinda pissed cause I still never received my Drop tanks and pylons for my F-100. Did you? He is holding me up on that. I told him I am not building it til he gets em to me. It was part of the deal when we bought em that those came free with it once they were done. What hell can possibly take like over a year to do there? I am pretty aggrevated about that. I feel like I am getting Hosed kinda.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 03:55 AM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,752 Posts
ah were just a bunch of sick EDF'r
AIR SALLY is offline Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Jan 29, 2010, 03:56 AM
another MONSTER ?
Valencia, CA
Joined Jan 2008
3,733 Posts
Hi guys...your all up late tonight.
Remember me? ha ha..

I put it on the Viper thread too, but if ya get bored watch this: http://www.hulu.com/watch/118168/one-six-right
One Six Right is offline Find More Posts by One Six Right
Old Jan 29, 2010, 04:00 AM
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,955 Posts
Nothing here yet either. I am reading between the lines a little but I am guessing Ken struggled on that model. I believe Ken is a good man but proud so he would rather be late on delivery rather than admit defeat. Just my reading of his character. I am not happy to wait but the alternatives are less attractive. No Ken.

I am thinking about another model of his to help sub the freight here if he gets them finished. J

Only 9:00 pm here in Syd but I better go charge up my batteries
Last edited by jayb1rdz; Jan 29, 2010 at 04:10 AM.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 04:54 AM
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Aug 2009
8,627 Posts
I checked my email before singing off, and there was a reply from skyworld.
I should not have jumped the gun, as they cannot ship other than via EMS to Efflux RC. The charge to me is $35USD per JET. (regardless of qty)

I've had to adjust the Pre-sale price to $220.00 (and reg price to $245.00)
The website has been updated as well as the earlier price post.

All who have made payment (prior to now - 1/29/2010 ) at the previous price will recieve your jets as paid. you are the lucky ones!

Dave said he will provide photographs in a few days. I have requested a copy of the manual, and none of the earlier questions have been answered yet.

Gary
efflux RC is offline Find More Posts by efflux RC
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Updated blog Jan 2014
Old Jan 29, 2010, 08:21 AM
AKA Terry Till
Alexandria, VA
Joined Apr 2002
1,516 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efflux RC View Post

All who have made payment (prior to now - 1/29/2010 ) at the previous price will recieve your jets as paid. you are the lucky ones!

Gary
-Glad I jumped on it!
ex-racr is offline Find More Posts by ex-racr
Old Jan 30, 2010, 04:30 PM
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,955 Posts
Hey Gary,

Do you have estimated shipping/delivery dates? I would love to have this in the air soon and as Mike says have start a family of them including a nice 90mm or even larger.

I hope Mike's hints of great products released in 2010 includes a 90MM plus F-20. The JL one is just too heavy and expensive when you add freight to Aus and very limited places to fly. It would end up being a $2000 airframe and only 1 or 2 flights a year until I build my own strip that I have been promising myself for the last 2 years.