HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 23, 2010, 12:22 AM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,793 Posts
Thats what i call a Draken ...i hav'nt seen that pic ...looks like it was right before we smoked the motor.
AIR SALLY is offline Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2010, 03:31 AM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
now that's a Draken. WAAAAAAAAAAAY nicer than the ProDesign Draken. Claus showed me a CAD pic of his BD5.............I always wanted one of those. bring it on Claus. LOL.

Rich
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
Old Jan 23, 2010, 03:43 AM
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Aug 2009
8,668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEvolution7 View Post
now that's a Draken. WAAAAAAAAAAAY nicer than the ProDesign Draken. Claus showed me a CAD pic of his BD5.............I always wanted one of those. bring it on Claus. LOL.

Rich
Have you seen the Windrider BD-5J? Mine is (was) slighty modified.
efflux RC is offline Find More Posts by efflux RC
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Updated blog Jan 2014
Old Jan 23, 2010, 05:32 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,793 Posts
what do you mean was ...thats a beauty what happen to it ? ....maybe you better build some slower stuff
AIR SALLY is offline Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Jan 23, 2010, 06:57 PM
Joined Aug 2009
8,668 Posts
Thanks A.S.
I was fiddling for the retract switch, while turning right after takeoff. So, I looked at the radio Kinda bummed about that one. Oh well, Ya lives, and ya learns.
It was a pig, at only 87mph. But I think it may be the fastest one so far. Wasn't a speed run, just a doppler of Gene flying it at WSEF.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 26, 2010, 07:30 AM
Joined Aug 2009
8,668 Posts
Here's the efflux RC hybrid EDF that I posted yesterday in The MONSTER Squall and Viper speed contest threads. As mentioned weeks ago it's comprised of:
...Skyworld EDF
...ARC motor
...Shubie rotor (we had the Shubie rotor here, but the Mini Fan Pro rotor could be used at a lesser cost)

Seems we already have have someone claiming this to be thier idea, and selling them. Good work!

We are currently working finalizing the ESC placement, and the intake liner on the Squall.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 26, 2010, 12:52 PM
Joined Aug 2009
8,668 Posts
Lim,
The other thread was not the place to discuss this. But I will say it here.
Being the Maylasia dealer for Skyworld products, I'm telling you that That efflux RC created the "Hybrid" Skyworld EDF. Not Etreme RC.
Look back at my personal and "efflux" posts and you'll see. My inquiry to WeMoTec regarding my selling thier products has not been answered yet. So now Extreme is off and selling the very same thing, and impressing that "he" developed it. Just not true. I've not said it publically before, but I've been warned by a number of vendors regarding his business practices. He makes disbarraging comments about Chinese products in the forums, then conducts himself in the very same manner.
Gary
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 26, 2010, 04:24 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,542 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efflux RC View Post
Lim,
The other thread was not the place to discuss this. But I will say it here.
Being the Maylasia dealer for Skyworld products, I'm telling you that That efflux RC created the "Hybrid" Skyworld EDF. Not Etreme RC.
Look back at my personal and "efflux" posts and you'll see. My inquiry to WeMoTec regarding my selling thier products has not been answered yet. So now Extreme is off and selling the very same thing, and impressing that "he" developed it. Just not true. I've not said it publically before, but I've been warned by a number of vendors regarding his business practices. He makes disbarraging comments about Chinese products in the forums, then conducts himself in the very same manner.
Gary
Excuse me? where have I claimed to have created anything?? Where have I "impressed" that I developed what is a commercially available product??

As I said in the other thread, I have been selling lander ALLOY fans with wemotec rotors for almost 2 years, I never claimed to have "developed" that idea either, combining different housings and rotors has been going on for years... I started adding MIDIFAN rotors to FlyFly kits, now everyone does it, so what?

Which "vendors" have been warning you about business practices eh? I say it as I see it, if a product is great I will agree, if its dodgy I certainly wont pretend any other way, that has definitely rubbed up some chinese vendors.

As for skyworld fans I have had their correspondence for QUITE some time, I just havent gone posting it all over the forums until I was satisfied it would be a product I would support.

Where do you get off telling another vendor in another country what he can and cannot sell??
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
Old Jan 26, 2010, 08:29 PM
Joined Aug 2009
8,668 Posts
Mark,
The last time you were here, you were degrading the Skyworld product, as not living up to the HET products efficiency. Now your back? Because your established and in a better position than me? Good for you. Now you can market the setup I've been suggesting for months.
As for me, I have been working with Skyworld to improve the product for 5 months.
Your correct, I don't own it, and its a free market. A worldwide market.
Your reputation preceeds you. I wish you the best.
Gary
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 26, 2010, 10:24 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,542 Posts
Quote:
Mark,
The last time you were here, you were degrading the Skyworld product, as not living up to the HET products efficiency. Now your back? Because your established and in a better position than me? Good for you. Now you can market the setup I've been suggesting for months.
As for me, I have been working with Skyworld to improve the product for 5 months.
Gary
What rubbish, the skyworld rotors did appear inefficent, its the rotor in question as you well know, not the "skyworld product". Incidentally I never said I was going to use their rotors, only interested in a better replacement to the lander housings, skyworld produces that without doubt.

I have been "marketing" an alloy fan product with wemotec rotors for almost 2years, lets get the facts right, skyworld is not the first and sure wont be the last to cnc up a housing. Nor is it the only housing out there that has had the wemotec rotor added to it!

As for improving the product, what part? the rotor? The housing appears to me to be unchanged from their original design photos. Again, the rotor is of no interest to me, I too have spoken at length to skyworld from mid last year, but I have not stepped on yours or anyone elses toes regarding carbon fibre rotors (stupid of me to do the honourable thing from the looks of it).
I have however made sugestions to them as have a few others around the world.

Its really simple, 18 months ago I was running an alloy housing with a wemotec rotor and various HET motors, I was selling minifan rotors to those with damaged lander fans, there is nothing new about this, we replaced lander 90mm rotors with wemotec also.

Last time I was "here" was to suggest you look at the figures posted as there appeared to be differences that could have explained the low figures you were getting in the newer motors. What was the reaction? Flame me to death rather than even look at what I was suggesting. So much for trying to help people...

Its funny how manipulative you guys are, reporting posts which have no real reportable content, the aggression shown when someone asks a question raises more eyebrows than anything
Last edited by Extreme_RC; Jan 27, 2010 at 03:11 PM.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 10:44 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,542 Posts
Trolling and personal attack reports? for what? politely telling the truth...
Old Jan 27, 2010, 10:21 AM
Team White Llama!
Joined Jan 2008
8,144 Posts
Quote:
Mark,
Gary
This guy does it all the time, he bashes something, and he'll turn around and start selling it

plus he hates Americans so that's prolly playing a part
gundamnitpete is offline Find More Posts by gundamnitpete
Old Jan 27, 2010, 11:59 AM
Joined Aug 2009
8,668 Posts
Skyworld EDF news..........

We will soon introduce the first composite, 70 mm Jet from Skyworld.
The F-20 Tigershark.

Here are the specs.

Wing Span :860mm (33.9")
Length :1180mm (46.5")
Flying Weight:1200g-1500g .

·High performance Fiberglass F-20 for single 70-80 mm EDFs
.All COMPOSITE
·Fiberglass intake
·Fiberglass fuselage and canopy frame
·Fiberglass wings
.Fiberglass horiz stabs
.Fiberglass vert stab
·All parts laser cut
·Clear canopy
·Decal set
·Removable fan cover
·Scale appearance, great attention has been given to details
·fixed gear included

·Skyworld JP-700 Alloy EDF unit 70mm (Included)
Additional eqpmt req'd:
·ESC 1 Controller (not included)
·1 EDF Motor (not included)
·Servos 5-6/pcs. (not included)
·Battery Li-Po (not included)
Optional:
·Air Retracts (not included)

At my request, these will be supplied without a motor from the factory. You may install the motor of your choice.

In order to get a sizeable shipment to the US, I will be offering a discount to those who would like to be Pre-paid beta builders.
This is the time for comments, questions, and ideas. So let me know what you guys think.
I like the seperate splitter plates and rocket mounts.

I will post more info as it becomes available.
.................................................. .............................................
Personally, the speed freak in me, sees this baby going like a "bat out of...you know where!"
(Heck I better get started on his big Byron brother, that's waiting for conversion)

Thanks for your support, Gary
Site Sponsor
Last edited by efflux RC; Feb 01, 2010 at 02:30 AM. Reason: revised to "all composite"
Old Jan 27, 2010, 12:09 PM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Fontana, California, United States
Joined Jul 2004
27,348 Posts
Price?
rvincent is online now Find More Posts by rvincent
Old Jan 27, 2010, 12:12 PM
Joined Aug 2009
8,668 Posts
TBD....I'm waiting on shipping costs Bob.
To Valencia, CA and the possiblility of drop shipping to the customer.
Site Sponsor