HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 17, 2010, 02:23 AM
Suspended Account
Mokena,Illinois -United States
Joined Oct 2006
5,833 Posts
The big point for me is the scale lines except for the wing and the awesome fact that its actually made out of epoxy glass and not polyester glass. Anyone who ever has owned a Jepe Pyranha knows exactly what I am talking about. Light isnt even the word. Its light and flexible unlike the very brittle and very heavy polyester models. Thats one reason why I love Ken, from K&A models aircraft. All are epoxy glass and all made here in the usa.
J, I agree a 90mm version would sell like hotcakes. Oh, Id love to have one and slap a TJ-100 in it on 11s. 4.5-5kw. would make it insane!!!
lavochkin is offline Find More Posts by lavochkin
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 17, 2010, 02:30 AM
Never fly an A model anything!
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,814 Posts
Let's hope the manufacturers hear us Joe and if they do, we have to make sure we support them.

I had a look at the HL Euro and if you compare it to the SAPAC L-39, it is way too expensive especially for an unreliable piece of foam that seems to need another couple of hundred spent to get it right. I know they are different but they both compete for my wallet. J
jayb1rdz is offline Find More Posts by jayb1rdz
Old Apr 17, 2010, 02:34 AM
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Aug 2009
8,195 Posts
As J. stated earlier, it is akin to a K&A model. There's no sence in my weighing it at this point as the formers are not glued in yet.
But it is super, super light. You will get more repectable comments when Rodger and Brent get it.
efflux RC is offline Find More Posts by efflux RC
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Updated blog Jan 2014
Old Apr 17, 2010, 05:09 AM
Soggy Scotland
Central Scotland
Joined Jun 2004
837 Posts
I'm starting to like the look of this bird. Here we go again...

In fact I'm delighted it's distracting from the Viper comp
pilotrcuk is offline Find More Posts by pilotrcuk
Old Apr 17, 2010, 10:16 AM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
20,894 Posts
yeah....a full composite 90mm SCALE F-20 would be SICK. i for one am pretty tired of seeing hawk's and F-16's............gets a little old if ya know what i mean.
corsair nut is offline Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Apr 17, 2010, 11:32 AM
Soggy Scotland
Central Scotland
Joined Jun 2004
837 Posts
I hear you CN, but in my neck of the woods (reads - my club is 90% old doofers flying PoS gassers... ) anything EDF is sick!! I just sold my Mk1 SAPAC comp T45 NIB to get a ViperJet, but I'm keen to get a Mk2.1 Blue Arrow. I need somewhere with a smooth ass runway for these cool machines though - I'm working on it!! I might need to join a new club (already in 2 )

I'm guessing you guys fly EDF regularly/exclusively, so I can see how some popular models get old/tiresome. Send them here!!

I need to talk my woman into a trip to the West coast sometime...and accidentally stumble on one of your guys EDF events!!
Old Apr 17, 2010, 02:53 PM
Joined Aug 2009
8,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotrcuk View Post
I'm keen to get a Mk2.1 Blue Arrow. I need somewhere with a smooth ass runway for these cool machines though -
Al,
The Blue Arrow uses the same struts as the L-39. They are articulated, and swing thru an upward and rearward arc upon compression. (think...dirt bike swingarm...or, dune buggy trailing link...same action) thus making them excellent for rough surfaces.
They also look beautiful, and don't have that funky, bent, external extension spring like some of the others.
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 17, 2010, 03:49 PM
Soggy Scotland
Central Scotland
Joined Jun 2004
837 Posts
Yeah, I think the ones I posted a pic of before are cheaper copies. Mind you, the nose wheel is tiny!! I'll need to check if the SAPAC version has that small - that would hinder short grass ROG...

Anyway, the volcanic ash is still causing flight chaos here so not hopeful of getting the Viper and bits any time soon

Pretty windy here too so I've been grounded also J has a lot to answer for
Last edited by pilotrcuk; Apr 17, 2010 at 06:37 PM.
Old Apr 17, 2010, 07:38 PM
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,814 Posts
If only I could control how much clothing women ware as easily as I can control the weather. at least you have the potential to fly. I'm 10 hours by 777 and that doesn't include the 2hr drive to Incheon airport or Sydney customs........ which I should add is infinitely better than DC or NYC.

Another week just playing with a keyboard.....and myself.
Old Apr 17, 2010, 07:47 PM
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,814 Posts
I am not so cncerned about fuse strength in the F-20, if we fully duct them with A/S ducts. They added huge strength to the T-45 V1. I used to put a few blobs of silicon to hold everything firm in the old HET designs and had the added bonus of muffling all the vibration to give the nicest turbine sound.
Old Apr 17, 2010, 07:54 PM
Joined Aug 2009
8,195 Posts
Haa. I forgot about the strength added by the ducting. As long as there's a former near the edf end.
I use RTV silicone in small dabs too. A 1/8" dot under the EDF mtg tabs does wonders for vibration reduction (and sound, as you said)
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 17, 2010, 10:49 PM
The 6 P principle works for me
Ventura CA
Joined Aug 2007
918 Posts
Yo Gary!

Gary, Saturday April 24th (next Saturday) is a one day electric only event at the Apollo 11 field, are ya gonna be able to fly there?

Michael (if your not fryin, your not tryin!)
elecfryer is offline Find More Posts by elecfryer
Old Apr 18, 2010, 12:02 AM
Joined Aug 2009
8,195 Posts
Really? Been too busy to check out what's goin on down there. Maybe we can have the Viper ready to maiden (Sat. after the event)
Keep in touch. We'll see how it goes during the week. Might bring some other stuff too.
I spent hours today soldering 6mm bullets on a bunch of batts, making charger adaptors and cycling new packs....... Booooring.
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 18, 2010, 12:20 AM
The 6 P principle works for me
Ventura CA
Joined Aug 2007
918 Posts
Well....maybe we can un-bore you next Saturday! Hey, is your Squall ready to rock and roll? Ready or not, it would be good to see you again! I am planning on being the early AM and staying till at least noon.

Michael (if your not fryin, your not tryin!)
elecfryer is offline Find More Posts by elecfryer
Old Apr 18, 2010, 12:22 AM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
20,894 Posts
dang! another event right in the middle of my move!!! GRRR!!!!
corsair nut is offline Find More Posts by corsair nut