HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 30, 2010, 01:33 AM
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Aug 2009
8,191 Posts
pilotrcuk,
Heck....it's never too late.
.................................................. ....................................

The Schuebeler rotors will be ordered this week.

We will be ordering 28 and 36mm DIA, axial finned heat sinks soon.
efflux RC is offline Find More Posts by efflux RC
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Updated blog Jan 2014
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 30, 2010, 01:46 AM
Soggy Scotland
Central Scotland
Joined Jun 2004
837 Posts
Gary, can you shoot me a PM with prices and shipping to the UK please? Are we still waiting on SAPAC getting the 3.17mm MB1s in stock?
pilotrcuk is offline Find More Posts by pilotrcuk
Old Mar 30, 2010, 02:00 AM
Joined Aug 2009
8,191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotrcuk View Post
Gary, can you shoot me a PM with prices and shipping to the UK please? Are we still waiting on SAPAC getting the 3.17mm MB1s in stock?
Hi AL,
Still waiting on those MB-1s. The last shipment were rejected by SAPAC, due to out of spec shafts.
PM sent.
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 30, 2010, 02:07 AM
Team White Llama!
Joined Jan 2008
8,144 Posts
Gary I'm up right now I'd you wanna do the cc payment on the ds-30 rotor and the servos and junk I need for the viper

I'm glad I ordered one of the big megas can't wait to run that one up. It's gonna be crazy. Glad i got a wm400 coming too
gundamnitpete is offline Find More Posts by gundamnitpete
Old Mar 30, 2010, 02:31 AM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Mar 2008
3,733 Posts
Gary,

I'm glad to see that you got your big MEGA motor package....awesome.

Looking at your pics gave me an idea similar to a couple of past ideas I had.

Previously I had MEGA add 16/25/1.5S with KV similar to ARC 1.5 turn, the MEGA could handle much more AMPs efficiently.
AND
Also added 16/25/2.5R similar KV to ARC 2 turn but can handle AMPs similar to ARC 1.5
All motors with same size and weight and fairly close KVs.

***The MEGA versions are pure terror in comparison to the ARCs due to their LOW resistance and ULTRA quality.

SOOOOOO, your MEGA and ARC pics gave me this new idea:

I will ask MEGA to add 16/30/1.5R which should match or outperform the bigger ARC 28-58-1 but be (1) size smaller and lighter by 20 grams....not bad for $30-$35 price difference to have MEGA quality.

***I suggest you take more pics of 5mm shafts before shipping those motors out. That is one of the several big selling points for prop applications

Gryphon
GryphonRCU is offline Find More Posts by GryphonRCU
Old Mar 30, 2010, 02:31 AM
Joined Aug 2009
8,191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamnitpete View Post
Gary I'm up right now I'd you wanna do the cc payment on the ds-30 rotor and the servos and junk I need for the viper

I'm glad I ordered one of the big megas can't wait to run that one up. It's gonna be crazy. Glad i got a wm400 coming too
Gimme a few, and I'll PM you with the info.
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 30, 2010, 02:47 AM
Joined Aug 2009
8,191 Posts
Gryph,

Yeah, there's more pics, but no reason to post ton's of them here. they will be on the website VERY soon now. I have an assistant working with me to get the info up. I wanted our own photos, now we have them.
We're happy to have a few quality (powerful) motor brands in house now. Anything you can do to help Dan meet the demands is well appreciated.
Thanx, Gary
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 30, 2010, 02:56 AM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Mar 2008
3,733 Posts
Gary,

When you or one of your first customers for 16/25/1.5R 3700ish KV posts EDF data on 4S AND 5S on good size cells.....that will get people's attention.

I think you may only have one of those left for sale....blink and it'll be gone/sold.

Gryphon
GryphonRCU is offline Find More Posts by GryphonRCU
Old Mar 31, 2010, 01:20 AM
USA, CA, Riverside
Joined Jan 2008
847 Posts
Hey guys little off topic. I have a comp sapac L39 and I would like to know does it matter if the thrust tube is cut nice and even at the end? The reason I ask this is because I cut mine well tried to cut it flush with the rear tube and it did not come out as I would have liked it to. Do you guys think it will be okay? And Gary are the F20 ready to go yet? It looks like you can buy them on your site is this true? Can you please PM me with a price on that bird and the 70mm combo EDFunit . Thank you Eric
giddyuperic is offline Find More Posts by giddyuperic
Old Mar 31, 2010, 01:33 AM
Team White Llama!
Joined Jan 2008
8,144 Posts
How uneven is it? Aslong as the exit it relatively clean there should be no problem. If it sticks out a little bit that's no problem either. Pics would be helpful.
gundamnitpete is offline Find More Posts by gundamnitpete
Old Mar 31, 2010, 01:35 AM
USA, CA, Riverside
Joined Jan 2008
847 Posts
I am sorry I will post in the morning has it is right now I am seeing double. Thanks I will post first thing
Old Mar 31, 2010, 01:45 AM
Never fly an A model anything!
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,810 Posts
Psssssssssssssst....They're out there !

Have a look at the F-20.

The box arrived in perfect condition. The contents didn't whiuch makes me think they knew what they were packing.

The Starboard wing panel has a crease through the middle and the Port wing has a bruise on the tip and a chip out of the trailing edge.

PLEASE NOTE:- this was not shipped by Gary. It was drop shipped from the manufacturer. I am sure Gary's quality control would have stopped this from arriving in this condition

Otherwise the model would be fantastic and even if I cannot get the wings replaced, it would be worth finishing. The epoxy glass molding is quite good and the model is very, very light. Doing ducts should not be too hard.

There are no instruction in the kit and no CG data either. I cannot see. By comparison.......apart from the damage. I would quality, weight and "ARF-ness" somewhere like the Phoenix. It is fairly large for a 70mm - bigger than the SAPAC composites but much slimmer so it will not have the same presence in the air. J
jayb1rdz is offline Find More Posts by jayb1rdz
Last edited by jayb1rdz; Mar 31, 2010 at 04:07 AM. Reason: additional comment
Old Mar 31, 2010, 04:55 AM
Joined Aug 2009
8,191 Posts
Hey hey...good for You J,
They aren't available to me from skyworld yet. But yours probably came from there.
.................................................. .

I know they're on my website. I'm supposed to be getting them but I'm about ready to give up on that one. Can't get an answer. Not worth the trouble.
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 31, 2010, 06:23 AM
USA, CA, Riverside
Joined Jan 2008
847 Posts
thrust tube

Here is the pic's. Thanks to all my pain I only get to sleep a couple of hours at a time. Yea!!!!!!! Please let me know what you think? Because I can always buy a new one if it ios to bad. I have to get the brakes for this thing it will roll all the way down the road if you let it. Thanks Eric
Old Mar 31, 2010, 01:10 PM
Joined Aug 2009
8,191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by giddyuperic View Post
Here is the pic's. Thanks to all my pain I only get to sleep a couple of hours at a time. Yea!!!!!!! Please let me know what you think? Because I can always buy a new one if it ios to bad. I have to get the brakes for this thing it will roll all the way down the road if you let it. Thanks Eric
The thrust tube doesn't look bad, but where it's cut a little short, the resin blobs from the inside of the fuse are exposed.
If you can grind down the inside of the fuse at the exposed exit area, it would be better. then paint it black. Or......just make a new thrust tube from .005 mylar. PM me if you need to know how to do that.
Site Sponsor