HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 17, 2009, 03:10 PM
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Aug 2009
8,630 Posts
Discussion
NEW @ Efflux RC.. HET, Mach, MEGA, Jetfan, ChgSun, Cellpro, Revo, Schubeler

efflux RC is now making available the series of EDFs and motors from Skyworld. We will originally be making the 70mm series of components available on a preorder basis. We will be conducting our own testing of these units very shortly.
We hope you will take advantage of the presale pricing available at this time.
This thread is moderated by efflux RC, and is the US dealer for skyworld products, and is carried over from here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1089250&page=8
The following is a listing copied from the new listing posted last week.

.................................................. ..............................................

Skyworld Alum EDF w/3600kv motor...Pre order now!!

Hi guys,
At the request of some, we are offering the 70mm units, at a pre order, introductory price of $99.00. This includes the 70mm EDF unit (no tail cone), plastic 8 bladed rotor, rotor adaptor, plastic spinner, alum motor fairing, and the 3600kv motor.

Please note that the EDF unit has been tested to 1274w and 3.52lbs thrust.

A photo of the entire assy is shown in a previous post in this thread. (please note that the alum Tail Cone will be available seperately for approx $20) I am posting 300 miles from home and uploading photos with my PC aircard takes for ever.
The introductory, $99.00 price will include shipping to the cont. US during the pre order period of one week (ends 8/20/2009) If you are ordering from elswhere, please e-mail me with your shipping info at effluxrc@gmail.com for the shipping cost.
After the pre sale ends, the price will be $109.00, plus shipping and sales tax to CA residents.

Please compare these prices to similar 70mm units that offer less power, without the pleasing 8 bladed sound.

The pre order price for the EDF unit (no motor) is $69.00, incl. shipping. (regular price will be $74.00 plus shipping/CA sales tax.

Please Paypal your order to effluxrc@gmail.com

I am hoping the pre order will allow me also acquire a few 90mm units for those of you who requsted them. If you wish to pre order the 90mm Version, please e-mail me.
corrected email: ........ effluxrc@gmail.com
Thanks again for your support.
Gary (AKA...One Six Right)

EDIT: August 1st, 2014

Saving some speed run data below for future reference.
08 . 01. 2014

Habu 32 Speed Contest Efflux R/C 208mph Fastest 32 on the planet!!!

11:16 AM

Tehachapi, CA USA

Tehachapi Crosswinds field

August 1, 2014
11:15AM

Temp: Fair 88*F
Altitude: 4180 ft ASL
Rel. Humidity: 18%
Press: 30.12mb
Dewpiont: 41

Aircraft: Habu 32

EDF unit: Jet fan 80mm

averaged DOPPLERED
TOP SPEED
208 mph

up wind pass: 199 mph
down wind pass: 217 mph

averaged RADARED
TOP SPEED
203.5 mph

up wind pass: 190 mph
down wind pass: 217 mph

TEAM EFFLUX crew:

Pilot: Brent (Corsair Nut)

Radar: Rodger (Air Sally)

Video: Gary (efflux RC)

Habu 32 @ 204 mph averaged TOP SPEED (5 min 37 sec)
efflux RC is offline Find More Posts by efflux RC
Site Sponsor
Last edited by efflux RC; Aug 03, 2014 at 02:26 PM. Reason: added product
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 17, 2009, 04:10 PM
Got Adrenaline?
Ruskin, FL
Joined Mar 2009
212 Posts
Done I pre ordered the 70mm.
TheRook76 is offline Find More Posts by TheRook76
Old Aug 17, 2009, 05:24 PM
Joined Aug 2009
8,630 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRook76
Done I pre ordered the 70mm.
Thanks, I saw it in the old thread.
I will be informing those who pre ordered, of estimated delivery as soon as I hear back from the mfgr. I believe the typhoon in Taiwan may be the cause of some comminication delay.
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Updated blog Jan 2014
Old Aug 17, 2009, 06:16 PM
Got Adrenaline?
Ruskin, FL
Joined Mar 2009
212 Posts
Hope their ok out there.
TheRook76 is offline Find More Posts by TheRook76
Old Aug 17, 2009, 10:48 PM
Never fly an A model anything!
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,957 Posts
Hi Gary, I asked on previous thread if the fan or the fan/motor combo come pre-balanced. Going through 1000 watts and up will need to have accurate balancing. If not, clear instructions on how to balance it should be included for safety and performance. When you get the reinforced fan for higher power set-ups, please see if they can be factory balanced. You don't want a fun idea ending in disaster.

It's not a huge issue if not but a lot of guys anticipate plug an play and may put too much power through an unbalanced fan seein it spit bits everywhere.

It's great to see someone meeting hobbyist demand. Ciao J
jayb1rdz is offline Find More Posts by jayb1rdz
Old Aug 18, 2009, 12:39 AM
Joined Aug 2009
8,630 Posts
Hey Jayb1rdz,
I'll see what I can find out about the current rotor being balanced as well as the high perf rotor I'm working on.
EDIT:
I just heard from Taiwan. They are located in northern Taiwan and were not affected by the typhoon as it struck the southern areas. I asked about the rotor balancing and will let you know what I find out.
.................................................. ...............................................

Please don't laugh yet.
This F-16 was intended for another project. It is well reinforced in the taileron area. as well as the battery bay and nose. The Fiberglass Nose Cone and Inlet Lip are from "Air Sally". It has been fully glassed with WBPU. It will accommodate a 4500mAh 30c, 4s pack. no fill/sand work has been done. I've decided to make quick work of it, throw some primer and color for orientaion on it to get it in the air quickly.
It will fly with a TP 2600, 25c, 4s pack, (and maybe FP 3200, 30c 4s) hs65mg servos, AR6200rx, CC 80A ESC, CC BEC
We will try it with the cheaters open, and then with them taped shut from the inside and outside.
This will become my test bed for the Skyworld 70mm EDF/motor unit. I hope to have it ready to fly, and get some video of her in the air this weekend.
It will get a "real" paint job at a later date.
(Don, your setup will go into the Yellow/Green Monster and fly this weekend too)
Site Sponsor
Last edited by efflux RC; Aug 18, 2009 at 01:32 AM.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 01:43 AM
Netherlands, Zwolle
Joined Jul 2005
312 Posts
Hi Gary,

Looking forward to see and hear that F16...

grtz,
H.
hommel is offline Find More Posts by hommel
Old Aug 18, 2009, 11:30 AM
Pursuit of Happiness
Brentwood, California
Joined Jul 2007
7,218 Posts
really looking forward to the testing.. I'm going to need one soon

good luck
Ron
Ron101 is offline Find More Posts by Ron101
Old Aug 18, 2009, 12:47 PM
Joined Aug 2009
8,630 Posts
Latest Update......

The 70mm EDF units, Motors, and Thrust Cones are on order and are expected for delivery in CA in 2 weeks.
.................................................. ...........
PLEASE NOTE:
The Rotors are molded in 70% Black Nylon, 30% Glass Fiber
They have been sucessfully run at 1274 watts (not 500-600 w like some other 8 bladed out there)
The shaft adaptors are precision machined, and the rotors do not require balancing (per the mfgr) Although the units do require proper "Run in" after assy. (same as many others on the market)

For the presale units. The EDF inuts will include thermal grease for proper heat transfer to the Metal Housing. After flight, please run the units for 30 sec. at low RPM for max after-run cooling.
.................................................. ............
New news:
There is also a Thrust Vectoring Tail Cone available. I will be receiving one for testing, and will notify as I gain more info.
.................................................. .............

Hey Ron,
You getting in on the pre sale? They're on there way.
Site Sponsor
Last edited by efflux RC; Aug 18, 2009 at 12:52 PM.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 12:54 PM
Pursuit of Happiness
Brentwood, California
Joined Jul 2007
7,218 Posts
Quote:
Hey Ron,
You getting in on the pre sale? They're on there way.
I really want to gary just a little worried what the amps will be on 4s 30c 5000 mah pro powers? and if it's going to have a viberation....
I have a 85 HV to run in my sapac L-39 and don't really want to put something bigger in that little plane...

what are your thoughts? do you think the 85hv will do the trick?
have you run one yet to know what the vibs are like? and how does it sound?
these are the things I'm waiting on... but for $100 bucks I should just go for it because it looks bad axx...lol

do you take pay pal?

later
Ron
Ron101 is offline Find More Posts by Ron101
Old Aug 18, 2009, 02:17 PM
My project: FAIREY DELTA 1
Uden Volkel, Netherlands
Joined Dec 2003
4,976 Posts
I'd like to hear some audio recordings too!

grtz!

Erik
Erik v. Schaik is offline Find More Posts by Erik v. Schaik
Old Aug 18, 2009, 03:13 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,763 Posts
gary can we get just the rotor...i would like to test it in my sky ray with Dons BI 3600 motor to see how close it comes to your 3600kv motor. i dont think Dons motor was designed for 1200+ watts ..but so far it has held up at 900 to 100 kw.
AIR SALLY is online now Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Aug 18, 2009, 07:32 PM
Joined Aug 2009
8,630 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron101
I really want to gary just a little worried what the amps will be on 4s 30c 5000 mah pro powers? and if it's going to have a viberation....
I have a 85 HV to run in my sapac L-39 and don't really want to put something bigger in that little plane...

what are your thoughts? do you think the 85hv will do the trick?
have you run one yet to know what the vibs are like? and how does it sound?
these are the things I'm waiting on... but for $100 bucks I should just go for it because it looks bad axx...lol

do you take pay pal?

later
Ron
Ron,
I'm just guessing that the amps will be 90+. HV Escs are generally for use with 7-8 or more cells (up to the rated voltage maximum) You could get a lower KV motor and run 6 cells to keep the amps down, or get use a CC125 for the 4s setup. I would'nt reccommend to anyone that you exceed the mfgr's ratings on anything, but at my own personal risk, I have discovered that my CC ESCs will run all day long @ 20% over the rated Max amps. (Do not try this at home)
You can Preorder by Paypal, sent to effluxrc@gmail.com
70mm Alum EDF w/glass filled 8 blade rotor and 3600kv motor:.. $99
Alum Tail Cone: $10
70mm EDF assy only: $69
Shipping is included to the cont. US during the preorder period.
(The Web Shop is coming soon)
.................................................. .......................................
Erik,
The video I hope to get this week end will have audio.
When I run it on the bench, I will video that as well.
.................................................. .......................................
Rodger,
Being a startup, I did not get spare rotors for this buy. I hope to market Complete EDF units. But spare rotors will ordered for the next shipment.
Site Sponsor
Last edited by efflux RC; Aug 18, 2009 at 07:41 PM.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 07:51 PM
hotrod builder
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Jun 2007
1,156 Posts
GARY.......
TWO PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(gotta love twins!)
usmc_VTOL_mech is offline Find More Posts by usmc_VTOL_mech
Old Aug 18, 2009, 08:42 PM
Never fly an A model anything!
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,957 Posts
Thanks Gary, I will send an email, I need to know freight down under.
jayb1rdz is offline Find More Posts by jayb1rdz