HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 18, 2009, 01:24 PM
USA
Joined Sep 2003
967 Posts
But with Quick Connect, introduced in Dec.,2007 - Jan., 2008 or 21 months ago that is a non factor.

In my case your point(s) are like trying to wire Napoleon about Waterloo.
It's over, gone, finis, kaput. Why discuss something which means zip today?

We've got a 35% bipe on DX7 @ 4.8v. running 8 digitals on the original issue DX7 Rx. No up dates applied, ---- as the owner said simply "I've had no problem and I don't expect one." The secret, 2400mah pack and the proper care in installation.

That plane has been flying since early 2007. It still has no problem!

P.S. If you are trying to condone bad set ups then you are on your own.
Any brand, any system from tone, to reeds. to today.
Fool proof yes, damn fool proof no. Not any of them or anything anywhere.
onewasp is offline Find More Posts by onewasp
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 18, 2009, 02:09 PM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,802 Posts
No IŽm not saying that anyone should us e a bed setup, I didnt thought the "new" spektrum has better way of handle voltage dipps, OK , You say so, then i wont think anymore,, finito of discussions about spektrum.

We all learn while times goes.
sebbe is offline Find More Posts by sebbe
Old Aug 18, 2009, 03:09 PM
Sunnyvale, CA, USA
Joined Apr 2000
1,773 Posts
Talking of learning:

"This is my thougts, dont be angry, bit I simply dont thrust Spektrum, thats why IŽm going for the best on paper: ACT 2,4ghz..."

How is that working out for you?
teamdavey is offline Find More Posts by teamdavey
Old Aug 18, 2009, 04:46 PM
United States, WI, Milwaukee
Joined Sep 2008
785 Posts
I have to laugh reading this.

Some of us have had failures even after careful use and gleaning as much info as we can from our Club and these forums.

We have witnessed failures on 2.4 Ghz and they are NOT myth and NOT because all users are idiots !!!

We have had seasoned guys have lockout with plenty of battery, correctly installed receivers, and a great deal of due diligence.

Other guys have had great success, but we have yet to figure out why some work and some don't. There have been enough failures to show that if conditions are right you can get lockout - we just don't know what the scenarios are.

I'm glad for you if you haven't had a failure, but don't be so sure there isn't a problem just because you have not experienced the unexplained lockout.

And "Yes" all failures at our club have been with the updated firmware and quick connect. This is one of our first checks.

Just like any opinion - we all have one.
Brownie433 is offline Find More Posts by Brownie433
Last edited by Brownie433; Aug 18, 2009 at 04:51 PM.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 05:38 PM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,802 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamdavey
Talking of learning:

"This is my thougts, dont be angry, bit I simply dont thrust Spektrum, thats why IŽm going for the best on paper: ACT 2,4ghz..."

How is that working out for you?
no its not working at all

Really I dont care, I was going to buy Spektrum a while ago, i did read a lot of unexplained craches and lockouts with Spektrum YES YES I KNOW, you have to have good powersupply, bla bla,, But I know with many others that sudden lockouts happend that noone can explain, that has nothing to do with faulty setup, and this sudden happens often to spektrum from what i can read, and YES it can have a lot to do with many people flying Spektrum, YES i know....

But im sick of trying to defend myself here all the time, Its like saying: you can buy this brand new Toyota car, but if the battery dies( it should not happen) , but id it does, then you have no more strearing of the car..
Surely Toyota must fix this issue..

And this is the discussion i was trying to get here, not a fight ....
So please back of, or explain and discuss what exactly is better in the "newer" version of spektrum receivers ,,, will they accept lower voltage ? will they reboot really quick ? And most of all, could there be anything in the design that maybee could cause some of the unexplained lockouts ? IM NOT saying it is, but if we can not discuss this, then stop attacking and laughing me please, and I will stop posting here totaly.. cause this is not funny..

You can try posting in other language forums, and maybee not be able to express yourself the way you wanted, its not easy, its not just the words and making you understood, its really hard to find the right words,,, I can not explain it really,,, Im not trying to cover anything up here, What ive written here i stand for,,, but maybee it looks wrong in your eyes the way i write..

AAAAhhhhh,, I give up, dont know why i try so much and only get attacked..

I am trying to get a conversation about the structure and construction of the spektrum receivers, if there is something in the design(hardware or software) that can be related to some of the unexplained lockouts , THATS NOT SAYING SPEKTRUM IS BAD... OK!!

Like i said before, futaba have issues with heat, they wont do anything about it, bit we now know of it and can make changes to prevent lockouts, this is a CONSTRUCTION DESIGN that is wrong, exactly the same i am trying to discuss here if there is any in spektrum, why is sperktrum so sensitive to even say a bad thing about, when we can say any other 2,4ghz system is bad design ??, Jeti had problems when first arrived, i dont know if all problems are solved, Corona have had lot issues, even Assan.. Why should spektrum be completly perfect and its only the issue of the setup or an idiot not knowing haw to make a correct installation, i dont think so in all cases, like Brownie433 said..

IF you can not discuss these, then dont make this more funny please..
Last edited by sebbe; Aug 18, 2009 at 05:47 PM.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 06:06 PM
Sunnyvale, CA, USA
Joined Apr 2000
1,773 Posts
"no its not working at all"

Er - you bought it and it doesn't work or you really didn't buy one?
teamdavey is offline Find More Posts by teamdavey
Old Aug 18, 2009, 06:17 PM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,802 Posts
Quote:

Can we please discuss the above i mentioned please....

Or is this gonna be a battleground.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 06:37 PM
Joined Sep 2008
785 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbe
no its not working at all

explain and discuss what exactly is better in the "newer" version of spektrum receivers ,,, will they accept lower voltage ? will they reboot really quick ?
sebbe,

The firmware upgrade provides a much faster re-established connection upon a low voltage drop and subsequent reboot of the receiver. The old firmware used to scan for two new channels upon reboot and by then the plane was usually in the ground. The new firmware uses the last known channels when re-establishing the connection. This makes it extremely quick (in my tests well under a second) to reconnect. I believe the flashing lights on the receiver that indicate a low voltage situation occurred is also part of that update.

Mike
Old Aug 18, 2009, 08:28 PM
The reviewer
Tokoroa
Joined Mar 2004
3,827 Posts
Given the choice between a receiver that has a rather high reboot voltage and fast-relink time (Spektrum) versus one that has a very low reboot voltage and a fast-link time (other brands including FASST & Corona DSSS) I'd opt for the latter.

Both FASST and Corona DSSS will work perfectly well (although your servos probably won't) at 2.5V -- significantly lower than Spektrum or Hitec's new system (according to their spec).

Speeding up the relink time by a firmware upgrade (in the case of the Spektrum) is simply treating a symptom rather than addressing the root cause.

Futaba and others have simply designed gear that is far more resilient to momentary (or prolonged) voltage drops.

Having said that -- it's all good. Lots of folks fly Spektrum (and Futaba and Corona and most other brands) without any issues at all.

It's really just an issue of "headroom". Some brands have much more headroom in the areas of voltage, interference etc than others do.

FlySky uses a single part of the band -- but lots of folks are using FlySky without issues.

Assan and Spektrum use two parts of the band -- and lots of folks are using that gear without issues.

Corona DSSS uses three parts of the band -- and lots of folks are using that withotu issues.

FASST, XPS (V3), Airtronics, Jeti and others use *all* the band. Likewise, their users seem to have very few issues.

The reason that all these approaches seem to work is because most of the time we have relatively low noise-levels. The difference between the systems only becomes apparent when the noise-level starts to rise. That's what chews up the available headroom.
XJet is offline Find More Posts by XJet
Old Aug 18, 2009, 08:59 PM
The Northeast Kingdom, Vermont
Joined Jun 2004
5,216 Posts
[QUOTE=onewasp
We've got a 35% bipe on DX7 @ 4.8v. running 8 digitals on the original issue DX7 Rx. No up dates applied, ---- as the owner said simply "I've had no problem and I don't expect one." The secret, 2400mah pack and the proper care in installation.

That plane has been flying since early 2007. It still has no problem!

[/QUOTE]
When you say 2400mAh pack, do you mean low IR cells of larger than AA size. I have to ask

I think your friend has been very lucky indeed, not having the receiver updated in a model of that size is foolish, or downright irresponsible. As for the quote you attribute to him. Famous last words
Pete
pilotpete2 is offline Find More Posts by pilotpete2
Old Aug 18, 2009, 09:09 PM
Joined Sep 2008
785 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotpete2
I think your friend has been very lucky indeed, not having the receiver updated in a model of that size is foolish, or downright irresponsible. As for the quote you attribute to him. Famous last words
Pete

YEP
Old Aug 18, 2009, 09:14 PM
Joined Sep 2008
785 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by onewasp
But with Quick Connect, introduced in Dec.,2007 - Jan., 2008 or 21 months ago that is a non factor.

In my case your point(s) are like trying to wire Napoleon about Waterloo.
It's over, gone, finis, kaput. Why discuss something which means zip today?
Non-factor ??

Are you saying lockout is a non-factor now?

If this is what you mean, then I respectfully disagree with you and hope others don't believe this to be true.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 06:41 AM
Grow old disgracefully!
Luton, UK
Joined May 2006
1,175 Posts
Quote:

Since Sebbe doesn't seem to want to follow up this, I will just add that I am using the ACT system in Multiplex 4000 Tx. I can confirm that the ACT 6 channel and 8 channel receivers work fine down to 3v (servos are a bit slow though ) and reconnect faster than I can measure after a signal or voltage loss.

Dick
dickw is online now Find More Posts by dickw
Old Aug 19, 2009, 07:29 AM
France, IDF, Saint-Gratien
Joined Apr 2005
60 Posts
And XPS V3 is not so reliable ... even with dual battery system.

I bought it and was confident that V3 has solved the early problems. But no ...

Details here :
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1053745

Regards
RafalePilot is offline Find More Posts by RafalePilot
Old Aug 19, 2009, 07:59 AM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,802 Posts
THANK YOU all, for a nice conversation..

Mike, ok so now i now what new in spektrum, good to know.

Dick , ok, so ACT is soo good with low voltage, i will soon but the ACT.