HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Pat Lynch, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 15, 2009, 10:50 PM
a.k.a Maltone
Australia, NSW, Goulburn
Joined Jan 2005
6,977 Posts
Discussion
2009 - 3

A major step forward (or perhaps backward) today (Ausgust 16) was the disposal of some of my early and now non-flying models. Going to various keen local aeromodellers were my Ips Pfalz EIII, the 48" Fokker EIII, and the FE8 pusher. All are Peter Rake designs and their disposal is a downside to town-house living. Part of my problem is that I'm not crashing stuff these days. Maybe my rather conservative flying habits and concentration on stability and accuracy esp. when landing, is paying off My main interest is building scale models - I love the creative part and to fly something afterward is 'icing on the cake' really. Another possibility isthat since most of my models are prototype build for Peter Rake, or my own painful efforts at scale design and building, I want to preserve them for as long as possible and so take more care than one might normally - in any event, I finish up with far too many models for my small storage space!
More will have to go with some 'biggies' in the wings.....
Pat Lynch is offline Find More Posts by Pat Lynch
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Pat Lynch; Aug 16, 2009 at 01:17 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 19, 2009, 08:06 PM
USA, CA,
Joined May 2001
1,755 Posts
Hi Pat,
I wanted to say you build some beautiful Airplanes!! I have been at it for many years too. It is the best part of my life, and making new friends that like to build, have a Great New Year !!
Joe Pierson
Kerman Ca.
USA
Joe Pierson is offline Find More Posts by Joe Pierson