HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Pat Lynch, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 15, 2009, 10:41 PM
a.k.a Maltone
Australia, NSW, Goulburn
Joined Jan 2005
6,924 Posts
Discussion
2009 - 2

After the stress (?) of finishing the Bison and getting the Powell build done, My major task was selcting my prize from the rcgroups build-off competition. It was a hard decision - my head said get something small and simple such as the Nieuport 11 Bebe - easy to electrify and easy to build. But my heart wanted something more spectacular and challenging so I chose the most complex 1/4 scale kit offered by BUSA - the SPAD XIII. The process of selecting the model, and associated discussion can be found here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1072240

This will be a long term project - not only for the build but saving enough pennies to power the 20lb beast

Apart from the SPAD, Peter Rake, at my request, designed a 49" RAF BE12a - a rather fragile looking WWI 'fighter'. I want it to be a floater but still well detailed. It will sport a Park 450 motor and hopefully can be kept to around 25 - 30 oz AUW.
Peter has also designed a large Brisfit and I begged to be allowed to build this after the BE12. At 67" span, it will be a nice prelude to the SPAD
Another possible is the early Yakovlev 'Air 1' - One of the russian designer's first planes.
Pat Lynch is offline Find More Posts by Pat Lynch
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Pat Lynch; Aug 15, 2009 at 10:46 PM.
to remove ads between posts