Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 15, 2009, 04:56 PM
Wanton construction
Stockholm Sweden
Joined Sep 2006
954 Posts
Discussion
Post your 4 (or more) channel micros here

Let's kick off this successor of the "Post your models for the Kyosho/Parkzone RX here"!

With the advent of the AR6400 receiver brick new possibilities arise, and while it may not be the first 4 channel receiver I predict great things coming from its ease of use and affordability.

To get the ball rolling a small and as of yet unnamed aerobatic bipe:

AR6400 and 2x AS2000 servos
HC 2 g brushless w/ 1 g ESC
ParkZone/E-Flite/Flightmax 110 mAh cell
AUW 22.5 g.

I've had the 2 gram'er BL for a while now and wanted to build something around it. The AR6400 is the first receiver I own that will actually work with the ESC so away I went.

I got approx. 16 gram of static thrust on a fresh cell with the GWS 2510 so I figured if I could stay at an AUW of ~20 grams I'd be good.
I also have a 3030 and a Tri Turbo Fan that gave less static thrust but may be better in the dynamic area.

I chose to use 2 servos for the ailerons despite the weight penalty since I feared 4 surfaces would be too much for a single, not to mention the hassle of keeping all that slop-free.
And it gives me flaps at no additional cost, my first 5 channel plane!

No maiden yet, and tomorrow is predicted to be windy (7-8 m/s so there's not even an outside chance).

This is very much a work in progress, it may be that the 2 g motor is too weak in which case I'll have to chose between mo' powah or come up with a lighter design.
Pouncer is offline Find More Posts by Pouncer
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 15, 2009, 05:26 PM
I'd Rather Be Flying
Stockton CA
Joined Feb 2009
576 Posts
Kewl! I like it. Built by your own plans? Are you willing to post plans? I bet posting the plans and a good flight video will turn this plane into a hot thread. I really like the design of the fuse.
RCBlackSheep is offline Find More Posts by RCBlackSheep
Old Aug 15, 2009, 07:02 PM
a little kid at heart
Poulsbo, Wa
Joined Sep 2004
1,219 Posts
I love the look! I want to see a vid!

Bill
poulsbobill is offline Find More Posts by poulsbobill
Old Aug 15, 2009, 10:03 PM
A&P Mechanic
San Antonio
Joined Mar 2005
326 Posts
A few years back Michael created the BUMP. This is my salute to his wonderful design. Its my BAMP. I took his plans straight from the sticky link. Printed them off as is and built my BUMP straight from the printer no scaling. Mine is the BAMP due to its single aileron.

Thanks Michael for a killer design that is super simple. The BUMP stood for B#tt Ugly Mono Plane. Mine is similar but its the Bad --- Mono Plane. Flies super slow. Well atleast I can sit in my front yard and fly it up and down the street. It will speed up for rolls but it looses some altitude. Wont loop at the moment but oh well. Ill put it on a diet.

Uses the ar6400 and the gearbox from the airhogs chuck planes without a radio.

Also in the pic is a squared versionof the SUKI. As it sits i have a little work to do still but im in no hurry. The BAMP is a fine flyer and the ar6400 is claimed for now.
may-day is offline Find More Posts by may-day
Old Aug 15, 2009, 10:09 PM
Gravity is a harsh mistress.
United States, MI, Temperance
Joined Sep 2002
6,534 Posts
I gotta go back a ways for one:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...hlight=Corsair
Tim Wolff is online now Find More Posts by Tim Wolff
Old Aug 16, 2009, 12:30 AM
Mc-Fly
Melbourne-Australia
Joined Mar 2008
1,108 Posts
Here is my attempt i made a while back, it got trashed after a while due to my lack of 4ch flying skills, eventually i want to attempt it again but with the AR6400 RX and servos instead and i'll probably make a Bipe version to slow it right down.

14g AUW, with 2g BL motor.
Veteran is offline Find More Posts by Veteran
Old Aug 16, 2009, 01:25 AM
Fly long and land softly
Madison, Alabama USA
Joined Oct 2005
5,378 Posts
Pouncer's Unnamed creation in Post #1 reminds me of the Beck-Mahoney Sorceress, at least in the front-view. Very clever design, this one! I hope to see a little more refining done to this design. Well, you could say it's perfect and optimal already. But I worry a little about the angled joints in the carbon rods.

Jim
Jim_Marconnet is online now Find More Posts by Jim_Marconnet
Old Sep 14, 2009, 10:32 PM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
United States, GA, Buford
Joined Nov 2007
6,496 Posts
How about a bump.
boredom.is.me is offline Find More Posts by boredom.is.me
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RFD900 Case
Old Oct 05, 2009, 08:20 PM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
United States, GA, Buford
Joined Nov 2007
6,496 Posts
Maiden was good. No it did not fly, but it went good because I knew why it didn't fly.
1. Prop airspeed was too low for the plane.
2. Way to heavy from hot glue.
My next will be properly built out of wall foam and real glue.

Kevon
boredom.is.me is offline Find More Posts by boredom.is.me
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RFD900 Case