SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 12, 2003, 05:13 PM
Motor Maniac
Orange County, CA
Joined Feb 2002
2,875 Posts
Dandy Sport flies itself (almost)

Maidened my Dandy Sport this morning. I built a regular Dandy about a month ago, built the Sport wing this week. Was extremely pleased at the way it flew. The wind was mostly calm, but a bit gusty, so I didn't really wring it out. However, based upon the flight this morning this may end up being my favorite plane. I was surprised how stable it flies. Much easier than either the Crazy Max or Tiny-X (my other two aileron planes). They both require constant correction to maintain level flight, but the Dandy Sport seems to fly itself. I like the Sport wing even better than the standard wing.

Now I need to build more battery packs so I can fly the heck out of it.
10Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by 10Thumbs
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 12, 2003, 06:37 PM
razor burn can be good
aurora illinois
Joined Aug 2002
314 Posts
congrats on the maiden DS flight

will be maidening mine in the morning
RCZohn is offline Find More Posts by RCZohn
Old Apr 12, 2003, 07:10 PM
M0unt@in M0del$ minion
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2002
7,319 Posts
If you really want to see just how great this plane really is then crank up the high rates. You won't believe how aerobatic it can be. You don't say what motor you have on it. If you don't have it go with the 300C-C. If you want the ultimate then the Astro 010 in the GWS gearbox w/4.43 gearing with 3x1200 E-Tech Li-poly's make it perfect. Just over 11 oz and extreme performance for well over 30 minutes. The DS is my #1 bird now.
turbojoe is offline Find More Posts by turbojoe