Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 11, 2009, 03:25 AM
Joined Aug 2009
97 Posts
Discussion
Reinforcing Art Tech Spitfire

Hi everyone,

Right now i am waiting for my Art Tech spitfire to arrive. From the review here at RCgroups, i saw that the spitfire is made out of 'beer cooler' type of foam. I looked around a little bit and everyone is saying it is not that durable.

What can i do to reinforce the plane? I would have no problem fixing it if something happens however i dont want pieces to fly off and go missing.
Would covering with a film be required? Or adding a carbon fiber rod? Is any of these a must do even before the maiden flight or can they be done in time.

Thank You
ttuzun is offline Find More Posts by ttuzun
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 11, 2009, 03:51 AM
What stalls falls
Joined Jul 2006
1,802 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttuzun
Hi everyone,

Right now i am waiting for my Art Tech spitfire to arrive. From the review here at RCgroups, i saw that the spitfire is made out of 'beer cooler' type of foam. I looked around a little bit and everyone is saying it is not that durable.

What can i do to reinforce the plane? I would have no problem fixing it if something happens however i dont want pieces to fly off and go missing.
Would covering with a film be required? Or adding a carbon fiber rod? Is any of these a must do even before the maiden flight or can they be done in time.

Thank You
It doesn't need reinforcement, that just adds weight. Fly it the way it is but don't expect it to fly as good as their Mustang and Corsair.
Ta152 is offline Find More Posts by Ta152