HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by HappyKillmore, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 11, 2009, 12:44 AM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,548 Posts
Discussion
Revisions to the ArduPilot Config Tool

My first "attempt" at modifying Jordi's Config Tool is getting close to a release.

The key benefits are:
1) Click to add waypoints
2) Drag & drop ability once added
3) Search by address (home and waypoints)

If anyone knows how to address GMarkers from Google Map's API V2 directly (ie getElementById) in C#.NET, please let me know! Right now, I'm polling a hidden control on the html form for index, lat & long info. It's not the best way, but it's working....

The screenshot above was created by clicking the "Home" radio button and entering "grand canyon" on the address field...then hit search. The waypoints were added by clicking around the home point on the map. No typing in lat & long coordinates or looking them up in Google Earth....
HappyKillmore is offline Find More Posts by HappyKillmore
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 11, 2009, 08:21 AM
Old retired Electronics Fart
United States, OH, Centerburg
Joined Mar 2007
425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyKillmore
My first "attempt" at modifying Jordi's Config Tool is getting close to a release.

The key benefits are:
1) Click to add waypoints
2) Drag & drop ability once added
3) Search by address (home and waypoints)

If anyone knows how to address GMarkers from Google Map's API V2 directly (ie getElementById) in C#.NET, please let me know! Right now, I'm polling a hidden control on the html form for index, lat & long info. It's not the best way, but it's working....

The screenshot above was created by clicking the "Home" radio button and entering "grand canyon" on the address field...then hit search. The waypoints were added by clicking around the home point on the map. No typing in lat & long coordinates or looking them up in Google Earth....
You said no Google map but here is the way I do it

on my web page see at

http://home.roadrunner.com/~cbeener/GMap5.html

Just in case it helps.

CharlesB
Charles B is offline Find More Posts by Charles B
Old Aug 11, 2009, 09:18 AM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,548 Posts
Thanks Charles. I'm doing something similar. I have one Java script that I'm using for 3 functions.

1) Set Home location (this is a single marker with drag & drop and GeoCode searchable). getLatLng info is fed back to hidden input boxes and read by the VB6 code.

2) Add Waypoint (this is multiple markers with drag & drop and GeoCode searchable). Clicking and/or moving a marker will update those same hidden input boxes along with an index. These boxes are read several times per second because I don't have a way to capture a fired event in Java script from VB6. Maybe this is possible in C#.NET, but I'm too new to know.

3) Travel mode (nothing drag and drop). This includes the setup home position marker along with all the waypoints and a drawn poly line between them. Then another poly line shows the travel of the plane. I've noticed once you get up around 100 segments of the travel poly line the page takes a lot longer to load and starts causing me timing problems and crashes in VB6. It's better than nothing, but it's not really meant to be a "real-time" tracking system. I'm currently updating about every 4 seconds on the travel mode.
HappyKillmore is offline Find More Posts by HappyKillmore
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 11, 2009, 12:58 PM
Old retired Electronics Fart
United States, OH, Centerburg
Joined Mar 2007
425 Posts
Map.js

I don't quite understand what your needing but I have a good .js script

on my ATV map page. You can use and view at. There's a HELP at the top

of the page. It has a real nice marker info and marker tool tip.

http://home.roadrunner.com/~cbeener/GMapATVQ.html

To view the Java Script is at .

http://home.roadrunner.com/~cbeener/...ipts/ATVmap.js

It has a lot more than you need but it does have a lot of function in it.

You never know if by chance it mite lead you in a good direction.

CharlesB
Charles B is offline Find More Posts by Charles B