HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 05, 2013, 07:34 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
10,022 Posts
Except for the CX4, that seems to be a copy or outright re-branding of another heli, the coax market is sinking fast. I just can't get the hang of quads. So, that leaves planes.
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2013, 10:15 AM
"whirlydude"
United States
Joined Sep 2008
1,513 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack View Post
Except for the CX4, that seems to be a copy or outright re-branding of another heli, the coax market is sinking fast. I just can't get the hang of quads. So, that leaves planes.
Hey nothing wrong with planes! I don't think coaxials will be disappearing, so keep your head up, your eyes to the sky, and enjoy what you have!!
flyeraroo is offline Find More Posts by flyeraroo
Old Feb 06, 2013, 07:45 PM
"whirlydude"
United States
Joined Sep 2008
1,513 Posts
Talking about re-branding, take a look at this helicopter.
http://www.centuryuk.com/RC-Helicopt...nners/Razor-CX
This helicopter looks pretty close to the 400D helicopters. It's a bit shorter in length, and in rotor diameter. It also appears that it's a little heavier than the 400D, but it sure is a close resemblance.

edit: no one seems to know what the round disk part is for on the frame brace, and these guys went and copied it too!
http://www.centuryuk.com/Spares/Heli...x-Mounting-Set
Last edited by flyeraroo; Feb 06, 2013 at 08:13 PM.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 08:24 PM
The Carbon Spyder
United States, WV, Hedgesville
Joined Jan 2011
83 Posts
The WLtoys banner for the quad at the top has a typo... It's got a high quility camera lol
chad1075 is offline Find More Posts by chad1075
Old Feb 07, 2013, 07:30 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
10,022 Posts
Yah, that's a 400D without a doubt. I don't think it's copying; it's a rebrand." Hey, we don't want to sell these anymore, but we'll make you a deal on them."
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old Feb 08, 2013, 12:34 PM
"whirlydude"
United States
Joined Sep 2008
1,513 Posts
Maybe we will be able to get parts after all, just may cost more in shipping.
Old Feb 08, 2013, 05:39 PM
The Carbon Spyder
Joined Jan 2011
83 Posts
So I'm dressing up my 400D and spending some cash to get her blinged out (thanks Randy) - The small screws and the silver counter sunk washer things that hold the frame together... What size are those? I think I found a site that has different color washer deals and thought it would look cool and fairly cheep... Just not sure of the size.

Also getting a couple fiberglass canopies - and added the Carbon Fiber canopy to my wish list! All that with some Skytec rotor Bling should turn this thing into a jewel - I will be afraid to fly it!

Thanks again Randy (Flyeraroo) for all of your help!
Old Feb 08, 2013, 05:49 PM
The Carbon Spyder
Joined Jan 2011
83 Posts
CF Canopy

Thoughts? I think it's purdy! This is my first attempt at attaching a pic so hope it works!
Old Feb 08, 2013, 06:03 PM
The Carbon Spyder
Joined Jan 2011
83 Posts
Colored Counter Sunk Washers

Here are the washer deals I was talking about... Says they are M3
Old Feb 08, 2013, 06:14 PM
"whirlydude"
United States
Joined Sep 2008
1,513 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad1075 View Post
So I'm dressing up my 400D and spending some cash to get her blinged out (thanks Randy) - The small screws and the silver counter sunk washer things that hold the frame together... What size are those? I think I found a site that has different color washer deals and thought it would look cool and fairly cheep... Just not sure of the size.

Also getting a couple fiberglass canopies - and added the Carbon Fiber canopy to my wish list! All that with some Skytec rotor Bling should turn this thing into a jewel - I will be afraid to fly it!

Thanks again Randy (Flyeraroo) for all of your help!
Hey no problem, I like to help people spend their money. The frame screws are 1.6mm, so I wander if the M3 would be a little large. BTW, nice canopy!!
Old Feb 08, 2013, 06:27 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
10,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyeraroo View Post
Hey no problem, I like to help people spend their money. The frame screws are 1.6mm, so I wander if the M3 would be a little large. BTW, nice canopy!!
I dont even remember when I did the last countersunk washers on a heli frame ... but I think that was a Walkera 5#10 where I got blue aluminum washers for ... and I am pretty sure these were only M2.
In any way I agree with Randy, M3 washers for 1.6mm screws are (I would not even say likely, but most definitely) too big
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I "JUST" made a blog post ...
Old Feb 08, 2013, 06:35 PM
"whirlydude"
United States
Joined Sep 2008
1,513 Posts
I checked out another site where I get my screws from, and the only size they seem to have is the M3 or #4. They have them in red, purple, and black. (scroll to bottom of the page)

http://www.4chobbysupply.com/servlet...321/Categories
Old Feb 08, 2013, 06:39 PM
The Carbon Spyder
Joined Jan 2011
83 Posts
That one canopy I thought I got apparently was not in stock (the blue one) - they emailed me today... Little disappointed, but now I can go ahead and get the carbon fiber one... He he he ... Cherilyn is going to kill me!
Old Feb 08, 2013, 06:45 PM
"whirlydude"
United States
Joined Sep 2008
1,513 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad1075 View Post
That one canopy I thought I got apparently was not in stock (the blue one) - they emailed me today... Little disappointed, but now I can go ahead and get the carbon fiber one... He he he ... Cherilyn is going to kill me!
You get that black canopy, and find some purple washers for the screws, I think that would look really sharp!!
Old Feb 08, 2013, 06:47 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
10,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyeraroo View Post
You get that black canopy, and find some purple washers for the screws, that I think would look really sharp!!
with M3 washers and M1.6 screws, you will probably need a "washer-inside-the-washer" solution ...

EDIT:
come to think about it, may this idea is not even THAT crazy, as it allows to take much bigger, more visible washers ... hmmmmmm ???
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I "JUST" made a blog post ...