SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 13, 2001, 08:44 PM
Battery Pyrotechnics Guru
Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia
Joined Jul 2001
67 Posts
Want to try F5B or similar. Suggestions for Oz

Hi all,

I have been following many of the discussions here and have decided that I want to try F5B Class ships or something similar.

My current experience has been with...
+ S&B Sea Fury (Speed 400 Electric)
+ S&B Corsair (Speed 400 Electric)
+ S&B ME163 Wing (Speed 400 Electric)
(ok so I like S&B Models)
+ Air-crafts Air Warrior (Large Slope Soaring Combat Wing)
+ Air-crafts Breeze (60" foam Slope Soaring Pylon Racer)

I believe my experience is at the intermediate stage, and am well versed in electronics, model electronics, and general aviation design.

I have been looking at the Falcon and Windy from NESAIL (both look like superb planes), however have not been able to find someone in Australia supplying these.

Does anyone know of a good ~53" powered glider (hotliner?) like the Falcon/Windy (for slope, thermal and field flying) that one can get in australia really fairly cheaply (and I do know you get what you pay for but at this stage, I just want to "tinker" as it were, say in the $150-250AUD range (~$75-150US), noting that there might not be anything in that range)

Note also because of the reletive expense of buying special motors in Australia I want to restrict myself to direct drive Speed 480 and 600 motors... I don't think a 400 will have the grunt and besides I have other planes for that style of flying.

Many Thanks

Confused in OZ

Andrew
OzMax is offline Find More Posts by OzMax
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 13, 2001, 09:40 PM
jean-claude Terrettaz
Carp, Ontario, Canada
Joined Mar 2000
1,463 Posts
Try the Peppo or the Bat !
bidule is offline Find More Posts by bidule
Old Sep 13, 2001, 10:27 PM
Battery Pyrotechnics Guru
Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia
Joined Jul 2001
67 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by bidule
Try the Peppo or the Bat !
Who are they made by? (how much? and are they available through an australian dealer?... I have been having problems with postage being more than the plane for overseas purchases)

Many thanks

Andrew
OzMax is offline Find More Posts by OzMax
Old Sep 14, 2001, 08:54 AM
Peachtree City, GA
Joined Aug 2000
845 Posts
I think the Bandit might fit your needs. It made by FVK, www.fvk.de. There have been a few threads about it on the board.
blfinche is offline Find More Posts by blfinche