HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 28, 2009, 03:46 PM
Sadorus, IL
Joined Mar 2004
597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man View Post
Thatís a very nice feature the only problem is that it unlocks when you cycle power. It would be nice to have it stay locked so you did not have to do that each time you fly. I very seldom remember to lock it myself and that could cause an in-flight problem.

Perhaps they can make that a selectable option on the next software update.

Thatís brings up another topic. Is there an official Futaba forum where future software updates and suggestions are discussed?

RC Man,
You can find future updates here: http://www.futabarc.com/downloads.html

Thanks for your suggestions and we hope you enjoy your new 8FG.

Steve Kaluf
Hobbico
Skaluf is offline Find More Posts by Skaluf
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 01, 2009, 07:29 PM
The Northeast Kingdom, Vermont
Joined Jun 2004
5,199 Posts
The more I see and read about the 8FG, the more I want one, or is that need one. I spent some time today reading the manual online and found reference to servo speed being adjustable for ail, flap and elevator functions. Am I interpreting this correctly?, because in the comparison chart it only lists servo speed as being controllable on the throttle.
The 8FG also has channel assign ability. Does this mean that if I setup my Yak with dual elevator and ailerons, that I can assign two surfaces to sequential channels, like ailerons on 1 and 2, then the elevators on 3 and 4 for example, then put the throttle up on 7 to allow use of the receiver in HS mode without replacing the throttle servo with a digital?. If so this would be great.
I can't wait to actually see and handle one
Pete
pilotpete2 is offline Find More Posts by pilotpete2
Old Nov 01, 2009, 07:33 PM
Joined Sep 2003
1,412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkna View Post
How hard is it to download and install Futaba's "file System Utility"? I know a little something about computers, but am NOT a computer geek! I put my order in to Tower today for a 8FG and expect to receive it in "late Nov", so they say.

As I understand it, you need to do this in order to upload the updates to the TX.
Why to late november? It's on stock!!
jcervantes11 is offline Find More Posts by jcervantes11
Old Nov 01, 2009, 07:36 PM
Joined Sep 2003
1,412 Posts
Well guys I'm ordering this radio on upcoming tuesday for 1 day delivery. You all guys enjoying this radio?
Old Nov 01, 2009, 07:44 PM
TKNA
Joined Apr 2007
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcervantes11 View Post
Well guys I'm ordering this radio on upcoming tuesday for 1 day delivery. You all guys enjoying this radio?
When I ordered my Futaba 8FG from Tower, they told me it would be "late Nov.". If you go to their website it also says the same thing as they are out of stock presently and are on backorder.

Where are you getting yours in "one" day?
tkna is offline Find More Posts by tkna
Last edited by tkna; Nov 01, 2009 at 07:49 PM. Reason: correcting spelling
Old Nov 01, 2009, 07:55 PM
TKNA
Joined Apr 2007
13 Posts
I ordered the "Airplane" version, which is out of stock. You must have order the "Heli" version, which is in stock. That probably explains it!
tkna is offline Find More Posts by tkna
Old Nov 01, 2009, 08:26 PM
Joined Sep 2003
1,412 Posts
Quote:
I ordered the "Airplane" version, which is out of stock. You must have order the "Heli" version, which is in stock. That probably explains it!
Yea the heli version from tower.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXXGG2&P=0

Theres no different, its the same radio, same software setup. Only different
is the rachets. I fly my model airplanes with no rachets engage. Stick don't flap around if u swing the radio it just perfect. Just order the heli version and
if you want the rachet effect then just open up the case and adjust the little metal that is against the teeth. Anyways I fly helis so if the heli version was not availble and airplane was, i'll order the airplane. But since heli version is availble, better for me. Just call in tower that you want the heli version. And just open up the case to get the rachet effect.
Old Nov 01, 2009, 08:39 PM
Joined Sep 2003
1,412 Posts
Quote:
Also if you're in tower hobbies mail list, and you received the catalog a week ago or two, then you receive a 40 dollar discount!!! Thats how I'm getting the one day shipping
Old Nov 02, 2009, 05:01 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,612 Posts
Quote:
Actually I like the helicopter version better for airplanes because I like the switch layout better. Since you can assign any switch to any function and they are all 3-position switches anyway I suppose that it does not make any difference which one that you order.

RC Man is online now Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Nov 02, 2009, 05:13 AM
Joined Sep 2003
1,412 Posts
Quote:
Actually I like the helicopter version better for airplanes because I like the switch layout better. Since you can assign any switch to any function and they are all 3-position switches anyway I suppose that it does not make any difference which one that you order.

I went to towerhobbies website and saw that airplane version and helicopter version have the same lay out for switches. Then i looked at the manual they both are the same and on the switch lay out and label is all the same.

This is what futaba told me when i called the support number. They told me, that the only different from both are heli version trottle is softer without rachet thingy, and on airplane has the rachet set, and but its the same crap. And they also told me on airplane version software is setup for airplanes but you can change it to airplanes or glider. So since i like my strottle without rachet for airplane and heli, i'm getting it, and its availble to order now.
Futaba told me they sell their radio for many years for both for helis and airplanes. Like 8fg, its for both. Rachet is actually not important anyways.
You can have it on half trottle and the stick stays on that spot when you let go. And feels great when both sticks are smooth. Man imagin bb, i never had a radio with ball bearings to make the stick even more smoother. I'm ordering my remote tomarrow mornning. I like the fact that our new catalog that been sent have a code for 40 dollar off spending over 400. And even better if you do that 3 easy payment. Wish hitec radio can be payed by 3 payment.
Old Nov 02, 2009, 06:31 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,612 Posts
I was flying my old 9CH and my new 8FGH yesterday and when you fly both back to back you can really feel the difference in the sticks. The 9C has that sticky feeling and is not as smooth.

Is there some lube that I can use on my old 9C to make it feel smoother or is that just life with plastic bearings?
Old Nov 02, 2009, 11:38 AM
Joined Sep 2003
1,412 Posts
Quote:
I was flying my old 9CH and my new 8FGH yesterday and when you fly both back to back you can really feel the difference in the sticks. The 9C has that sticky feeling and is not as smooth.

Is there some lube that I can use on my old 9C to make it feel smoother or is that just life with plastic bearings?
I believe they use grease
Old Nov 04, 2009, 02:18 AM
Joined Sep 2003
1,412 Posts
Hey guys now its burly da mornning 12:10 A,m. I ordered 8fg at around 7 oclock in the mornning on da 3rd. Was shipped the same day and I'm receiving in couple hours. Very happy, hopefully i'll sleep until the ups is here. With plenty of beer in my system. If not I wont sleep and will be thinking about my new futaba fasst radio. My first time to buy a futaba radio. I had radio giving and trade. I had a futaba am radio and a sport radio that is a fm that i gotten a trade which came with a lite machine fp helicopter. I cant wait. Also ordered a EXI helicopter for like 60, maybe i'll try the radio on her and if i like it i'll switch the receiver to my raptor 30 and i'll fly da raptor 30 with my new futaba radio. But for now gotta test it on the cheap exi 450 wanna be trex clone. I'm very happy. My second helicopter radio. My first one
and still using is a spektrum dx6i. I learned on it to setup a helicopter. Now i'm flawless on that radio. So hope me luck guys. I'm happy.

Note: all prices and costs are in U.S. dollars.
Stock Number Product Description Stock Status/Quantity Extended Price
The following items shipped from Champaign, Illinois
Estimate of when you will receive your shipment: 4-Nov-2009
TH8Z7001 Double Deal Insert 1 $.00
PC7140 $40 Promotional Discount 1 -$40.00
TOWZ2200 TOWER SPECIAL OFFERS-A 1 $.00
LXXGG2 Futaba 8FGH 8-Channel 2.4GHz FASST Heli R6008HS Mode 2 1 $479.97

Order Summary In-Stock Subtotal:
UPS NEXT DAY AIR SAVER:
Total Current Charges: $ 439.97
$ 34.99
$ 474.96
Old Nov 04, 2009, 02:22 AM
Joined Sep 2003
1,412 Posts
Ah i'm correcting what i was saying. I'm trying the radio on exi 450 helicopter, then if its glitch free then i'll put it on my raptor 30.
But exi doesn't fly that far like a 30 size heli to 90. So i wish I
had a digital camera and take ton of pictures of different view.
I'm very happy guys. Spektrum is a great brand. But I have dx6i
which is realible but many had problem with dx6i many crashes
at my club. So I fly 30 size heli and cost money if i crash, so I
need to move up. I probably will use spektrum dx6i for mini but
depend. I know I'm gonna fall inlove with this 8fg. Wowser.
Old Nov 04, 2009, 05:13 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,612 Posts
This is a high end helicopter radio and has lots of options so be sure and study the manual thoroughly before you set up your first helicopter. Donít rush it or you may overlook something important.