HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 31, 2010, 08:47 AM
Cracow, Poland
Joined Nov 2003
651 Posts
10CG and 8FG have exactly the same number of channels! 8 proportional and 2 on/off. So calling 8FG always as "8 channel radio" and 10CG as "10 channel radio" on Futaba website and at Tower Hobbies is simply a lack of integrity. I learned this when I was deciding which one I should buy.

Regards
Szymon Bartus is offline Find More Posts by Szymon Bartus
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 31, 2010, 09:24 AM
Bax
Central Illinois
Joined May 2003
256 Posts
The 8FG was called such in order to distinguish it from the 10C-series. While it has 8-proportional and 2-on/off channels, as does the 10C-series, the 8FG has quite different programming capabilities. Its programming system is similar to that used in the 12FG, 12Z, and 14MZ transmitters, which is quite a change from that used in older systems.
Bax is offline Find More Posts by Bax
Old Aug 31, 2010, 02:28 PM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,526 Posts
I have never understood why the 10CG is so expensive when it’s less capable than the 8FG. Maybe it’s the receiver.

Did anyone else notice that Tower Hobbies lowered the prices on some receivers for the holiday?

RC Man is online now Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Aug 31, 2010, 03:35 PM
USA, CA, Merced
Joined Dec 2007
504 Posts
it's not strictly true to say the 10C is less capable than the 8FG

7pt curves rather than 5pt, logical switching, some odds and ends.

the 8FG and 10C have plenty of overlap, but there are features which they each have that the other doesn't.
DannyZRC is offline Find More Posts by DannyZRC
Old Sep 05, 2010, 12:56 PM
Sweden
Joined Mar 2006
140 Posts
When using an esc/electric motor which is the correct way to reverse the throttle, ordinary "servo reverse" or H/W reverse?
HaBo is offline Find More Posts by HaBo
Old Sep 05, 2010, 01:05 PM
United States, FL, Miramar
Joined Dec 2007
1,237 Posts
Just use servo reverse. with hardware reverse you will reverse the trim as well.

Doug.
DougV is offline Find More Posts by DougV
Old Sep 05, 2010, 01:07 PM
The Northeast Kingdom, Vermont
Joined Jun 2004
5,172 Posts
Servo reverse. The hardware reverse function is for those who want closed throttle with the stick up and WOT with the stick down. Hardware reverse also reverses the throttle trim.
FWIW, when I got my 9C some years back, I thought cool, no need to reverse ch 3 for my electrics, not!
Pete
pilotpete2 is offline Find More Posts by pilotpete2
Old Sep 05, 2010, 01:57 PM
Sweden
Joined Mar 2006
140 Posts
Ok, thanks

I have a 7C and in that one there was a general setting to reverse the throttle that is why i'm a bit confused.

And one more question: How do you setup a flying wing, i have choosed airplane/flying wing/2AIL and rudder: normal. 1st servo on ch1 and 2nd servo on ch6. Everything works but i need to reverse the elevator. I have tried to reverse both ch1 and 6 but then the aileron goes the wrong way... how do i make this work.. (sorry for a lot of newbie questions)
Last edited by HaBo; Sep 05, 2010 at 02:07 PM.
Old Sep 05, 2010, 02:47 PM
Nothing Special
Middletown, CT
Joined Dec 2003
272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotpete2 View Post
Servo reverse. The hardware reverse function is for those who want closed throttle with the stick up and WOT with the stick down. Hardware reverse also reverses the throttle trim.
Pete
Thanks! I was trying to figure out what the H/W reverse did. That makes sense to my pea brain now.
grouch is offline Find More Posts by grouch
Old Sep 05, 2010, 06:14 PM
numnutchris
Joined Sep 2009
412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaBo View Post
Ok, thanks

---
And one more question: How do you setup a flying wing, i have choosed airplane/flying wing/2AIL and rudder: normal. 1st servo on ch1 and 2nd servo on ch6. Everything works but i need to reverse the elevator. I have tried to reverse both ch1 and 6 but then the aileron goes the wrong way... how do i make this work.. (sorry for a lot of newbie questions)
I guess you have tried swapping the servos (meaning physically at the Rx)?
Otherwise if the mix goes the wrong way you can reverse it at MDL - ELE-CAMBER by changing all four -100 values to +100. And if necessary then reverse the CH1 and 6 (in the LNK - REVERSE menu)

BTW Ive set up my funjet and microjet to work with 4Ch Rx:es (CH1 and 2 plus throttle CH3) - I'll show you at the field if you wish
numnutchris is offline Find More Posts by numnutchris
Last edited by numnutchris; Sep 05, 2010 at 06:21 PM. Reason: some late night typos
Old Sep 06, 2010, 12:00 AM
Sweden
Joined Mar 2006
140 Posts
thank you Christian, ok so ele-camber was the mix i was looking for.

Next time at the field you will have to give me a tutorial how to use this tx thers is a lot of new ways on how to setup things to learn..
Old Sep 06, 2010, 12:35 AM
numnutchris
Joined Sep 2009
412 Posts
Quote:
---

Next time at the field you will have to give me a tutorial how to use this tx thers is a lot of new ways on how to setup things to learn..
Well, I still struggle with the manual sometimes...

About the wing setup: This is mandatory - but I guess you know - Dont forget to check the extreme limits of the results by pulling the stick to each corner (eg. full climb + roll). You set the limits at the EPA menu (LNK - END POINT) to ensure no servo/ control linkage hits any end.
Old Sep 06, 2010, 01:26 AM
Sweden
Joined Mar 2006
140 Posts
Yes, i know you have to check the total deflection for both elevator and aileron combined, just didn't understand how to set it up. In my 7C all the setup was done in the "Elevon" function. (both reverse and travel adjustment)
In the 8FG i reduced the travel for elevator in the "ele-camber" menu then i reduced the aileron travel under the dual rate menu...?? I don't know if this is the correct way of doing it but it seems to work..
Old Sep 06, 2010, 02:33 AM
numnutchris
Joined Sep 2009
412 Posts
Quote:
Yes, i know you have to check the total deflection for both elevator and aileron combined, just didn't understand how to set it up. In my 7C all the setup was done in the "Elevon" function. (both reverse and travel adjustment)
In the 8FG i reduced the travel for elevator in the "ele-camber" menu then i reduced the aileron travel under the dual rate menu...?? I don't know if this is the correct way of doing it but it seems to work..
I wont get into a whats right or wrong discussion - If something works, why hazzle with it.
But I prefer using the ELE-Camber mix to set the values how the channels affect on each other. Usually preferring throw and torque rather than speed on foamies due to value servos with lower resolution I end up somewhere close to 100 (abs. values). Then the limits are set by using the Limit values in the EPA menu as dual-rates are intended for other purposes.
Old Sep 06, 2010, 04:23 AM
Sweden
Joined Mar 2006
140 Posts
maybe i have messed things up, never thougt about using epa since elevator is on a virtual channel.. i think i will have another look at this when i'm back from work...