SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 24, 2009, 07:13 PM
peebles,ohio
Joined Dec 2004
96 Posts
Why doesn't this radio have flight modes in acro mode as others have said? Wondering if I was missing something. Thanks Toby
tobytorkn is offline Find More Posts by tobytorkn
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 24, 2009, 08:35 PM
Joined Jan 2009
399 Posts
Not sure what is so surprising. This is a new radio there may be bugs just like the Aurora 9 may have bugs (not saying it does) but this is new equipment. Until its in the field you really don't know what the deal is.
Slats! is offline Find More Posts by Slats!
Old Oct 24, 2009, 09:41 PM
Joined Sep 2003
1,412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats!
Not sure what is so surprising. This is a new radio there may be bugs just like the Aurora 9 may have bugs (not saying it does) but this is new equipment. Until its in the field you really don't know what the deal is.

I hope its safe, I fly helicopter, should I try it out on a mini helicopter first? Or my glider? Well I haven't baught it yet, i'm waiting for my pay day .
jcervantes11 is offline Find More Posts by jcervantes11
Old Oct 25, 2009, 07:27 AM
But I am learning
USA, MD, Cumberland
Joined Apr 2008
1,047 Posts
Quote:
There is no surprise. I really like this radio. I simply stated that I think I encountered a glitch in the system. If others state that same occurrence, than as a group we need to report it to Futaba so it can be fixed in a later update.

Brian P.
I_Can't_Fly is offline Find More Posts by I_Can't_Fly
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 25, 2009, 08:21 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcervantes11
I hope its safe, I fly helicopter, should I try it out on a mini helicopter first? Or my glider? Well I haven't baught it yet, i'm waiting for my pay day .
I was flying my helicopter all day yesterday and doing a lot of touch-pad updates and never had a problem. It must be a problem only on some radios. I have not tried the airplane or sailplane modes.

As I said before I really like the balance. You really notice when you go from a converted 27 MHz radio. When you tale the long antenna off a transmitter feels bottom heavy. My 7C-2.4 is also a little bottom heavy but my 8FGH is perfect.

Helicopters:
On my old radios I always had a little eCCPM control interaction that I could never completely eliminate. The 8FGH has fantastic eCCPM logic and you can feel the difference. About one more flying session and I should have it perfect.

RC Man is offline Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Oct 25, 2009, 08:52 AM
Joined Jan 2009
399 Posts
I would not be worried at all with it and plan on getting this or the A9 my self. I am leaning towards the futaba cuz the last time I went away from them it was a complete disaster. I just want to see it physically first and if there is a glitch in the touch pad it doesnt "shock me" but it by no means worries me as I know they will fix it ASAP. I think the software update from your computer is great I know it would have saved me shipping costs in the past.
Slats! is offline Find More Posts by Slats!
Old Oct 25, 2009, 12:18 PM
Joined Sep 2003
1,412 Posts
Quote:
I would not be worried at all with it and plan on getting this or the A9 my self. I am leaning towards the futaba cuz the last time I went away from them it was a complete disaster. I just want to see it physically first and if there is a glitch in the touch pad it doesnt "shock me" but it by no means worries me as I know they will fix it ASAP. I think the software update from your computer is great I know it would have saved me shipping costs in the past.

You damn right!!
jcervantes11 is offline Find More Posts by jcervantes11
Old Oct 26, 2009, 08:12 AM
Sadorus, IL
Joined Mar 2004
597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by br@m
I have read about reports of a similar problem (lock-up of the touchpad) on a german forum.
http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showt...51#post1544451
http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showt...74#post1546574

It was reported there that Robbe in Germany has issued a software update to fix it.

http://cms.robbe.com/downloads/T8FG%20Ver_1_1_675.zip

I'm afraid I can't be of more help because I myself don't own a T8FG.
Actually all of the US radios shipped with this update already loaded. We updated them, prior to shipping from our warehouse.

Steve Kaluf
Hobbico
Skaluf is offline Find More Posts by Skaluf
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 26, 2009, 10:50 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaluf
Actually all of the US radios shipped with this update already loaded. We updated them, prior to shipping from our warehouse.

Steve Kaluf
Hobbico
Thatís great news.
I will quit worrying and just keep on flying.

Futaba File System Utility
I just started using the Futaba File System utility. Thatís a great way to save and manage the setup programs on all your Futaba SD card transmitters. You can even store programs from different transmitters on the same SD card.

PC Based Setup Editor
One thing that would be really nice is a PC based setup editor program. That would be much faster for building complex setups plus you could have integrated help. Does anyone know if anyone is working on such a program?

Old Oct 26, 2009, 11:52 AM
Rsetiegerd Uesr
USA, AR, Cave Springs
Joined Apr 2005
3,065 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man
PC Based Setup Editor
One thing that would be really nice is a PC based setup editor program. That would be much faster for building complex setups plus you could have integrated help. Does anyone know if anyone is working on such a program?

ABSOLUTELY!! I strongly agree. That would be great.

-Jay
CyberJay is online now Find More Posts by CyberJay
Old Oct 27, 2009, 04:58 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,782 Posts
I have V1.1 firmware and no problems. If you have V1.0 you will probably want to upgrade.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 10:37 AM
Bax
Central Illinois
Joined May 2003
264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Can't_Fly View Post
Got some stick time today. All my bench programming was dead on copied from my 10C and I only had to make adout 2 clicks of down elevator to get it to fly right.

Some how I did manage to get the touch pad to lock up and not take any inputs. I don't know if it was something I did, or a hic-up in the system. I powered it off and back on I have not been able to get it to repeat. If anyone else see this, lets get a message to Futaba.

Brian P.
If the touch pad locks up, you can unlock it by putting a finger on "S1" for a few seconds. You'll get a 'beep', and the touch pad will unlock. Re-lock it by holding "S1" for a few seconds. You'll see a solid, black key on the display. That shows that the touch pad is locked.

This is a safety feature so that when you're flying, you don't accidentally change anything if your had hits the touch pad.
Bax is offline Find More Posts by Bax
Old Oct 28, 2009, 11:54 AM
But I am learning
USA, MD, Cumberland
Joined Apr 2008
1,047 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bax View Post
If the touch pad locks up, you can unlock it by putting a finger on "S1" for a few seconds. You'll get a 'beep', and the touch pad will unlock. Re-lock it by holding "S1" for a few seconds. You'll see a solid, black key on the display. That shows that the touch pad is locked.

This is a safety feature so that when you're flying, you don't accidentally change anything if your had hits the touch pad.
Awesome, that would explain what happened to me. I heard a beep while flying. Once I landed I went to see what it was and could not get the touch screen to work. This makes since, while flying the palm near the thumb of my large hands sometimes touches the pad. This is also useful to know so in the future I can lock the screen while flying.

Thanks, Brian P.
I_Can't_Fly is offline Find More Posts by I_Can't_Fly
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 28, 2009, 12:39 PM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,782 Posts
That’s a very nice feature the only problem is that it unlocks when you cycle power. It would be nice to have it stay locked so you did not have to do that each time you fly. I very seldom remember to lock it myself and that could cause an in-flight problem.

Perhaps they can make that a selectable option on the next software update.

That’s brings up another topic. Is there an official Futaba forum where future software updates and suggestions are discussed?

Old Oct 28, 2009, 03:39 PM
TKNA
Joined Apr 2007
13 Posts
How hard is it to download and install Futaba's "file System Utility"? I know a little something about computers, but am NOT a computer geek! I put my order in to Tower today for a 8FG and expect to receive it in "late Nov", so they say.

As I understand it, you need to do this in order to upload the updates to the TX.
tkna is offline Find More Posts by tkna
Last edited by tkna; Oct 28, 2009 at 05:27 PM. Reason: clarification of the question.