HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 22, 2009, 08:04 PM
Joined Sep 2003
1,405 Posts
And I will not say sorry for big letters.
jcervantes11 is offline Find More Posts by jcervantes11
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 23, 2009, 05:14 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Can't_Fly

Maneuvering through the menus was a little different than my 10c, but I picked up on it fast. For DLG use it is able to do all the settings that my 10c had. This is all the radio I need to compete and am considering selling my 10c.

Brian P.
After a little practice I found that the menu system is very easy. After you figure out the terms that they use you can do most everything without using the manual.

The main problem with the manual is that it does not have an alphabetical glossary. A glossary would make it much faster to find what you are looking for.

If you want a reliable advanced radio at a reasonable price the 8FG is it

RC Man is online now Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Oct 23, 2009, 05:26 AM
Joined Sep 2003
1,405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man
After a little practice I found that the menu system is very easy. After you figure out the terms that they use you can do most everything without using the manual.

The main problem with the manual is that it does not have an alphabetical glossary. A glossary would make it much faster to find what you are looking for.

If you want a reliable advanced radio at a reasonable price the 8FG is it

PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 23, 2009, 10:47 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,521 Posts
Not sure what you want to see as it looks just like the photos at Tower Hobbies.

I also included a comparison photo of my current PCM receiver. The new 2.4 technology sure saves a lot of space and weight.

Last edited by RC Man; Oct 23, 2009 at 11:02 AM.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 11:07 AM
Mcminnville, Or USA
Joined Jul 2009
597 Posts
I really like the look of the new 8fg. It has a real clean uncluttered look. I also like the touch control for your settings.
I bet its a very good quality radio.
Keep us posted on your opinions of this Tx.
zero2444 is offline Find More Posts by zero2444
Old Oct 23, 2009, 03:47 PM
But I am learning
USA, MD, Cumberland
Joined Apr 2008
1,047 Posts
Got some stick time today. All my bench programming was dead on copied from my 10C and I only had to make adout 2 clicks of down elevator to get it to fly right.

Some how I did manage to get the touch pad to lock up and not take any inputs. I don't know if it was something I did, or a hic-up in the system. I powered it off and back on I have not been able to get it to repeat. If anyone else see this, lets get a message to Futaba.

Brian P.
I_Can't_Fly is offline Find More Posts by I_Can't_Fly
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 23, 2009, 04:54 PM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,521 Posts
Quote:
Got some stick time today. All my bench programming was dead on copied from my 10C and I only had to make adout 2 clicks of down elevator to get it to fly right.

Some how I did manage to get the touch pad to lock up and not take any inputs. I don't know if it was something I did, or a hic-up in the system. I powered it off and back on I have not been able to get it to repeat. If anyone else see this, lets get a message to Futaba.

Brian P.
I have had no problem like that. I have had a lot of time working the menus to get my helicopter programmed. It was a fairly time consuming task converting from my 9C. I had a bit of custom mixing on the 9C. The 8FGH has built in function for these mixers so I have to convert and figure out all the new options. The helicopter programming is awesome.

I fly helicopters and sailplanes mostly and it looks like it had all the Conditions options and special functions that I could ever dream of using.

I also checked out the SD card option and that works great.

Does anyone know what the function of the small switch is that is located inside the battery compartment? Itís between the battery plug and SD card slot.

I managed to get a little hover time but the weather was getting wet, cold, and windy.

Last edited by RC Man; Oct 23, 2009 at 05:03 PM.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 06:09 PM
United States, FL, Miramar
Joined Dec 2007
1,237 Posts
Like in the 12FG, you use that small switch to update/upgrade the software with the SDcard.

Doug.
DougV is offline Find More Posts by DougV
Old Oct 24, 2009, 11:02 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,521 Posts
The manual says nothing about software updates. What is the Futaba web page that has the updates and instructions?
Old Oct 24, 2009, 11:26 AM
United States, FL, Miramar
Joined Dec 2007
1,237 Posts
Updates for the radios can be found here: http://2.4gigahertz.com/downloads/downloads.html
The 8FG is new so there's no updates at this time. However, when there's an update you will find files similar to the 12FG updates, look at the 12FG update information.doc, the 8FG will be similar.

By the way, the File System Utility is there for the 8FG already.

Doug.
DougV is offline Find More Posts by DougV
Old Oct 24, 2009, 04:48 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Oct 2006
38 Posts
Quote:

Brian P.
I have read about reports of a similar problem (lock-up of the touchpad) on a german forum.
http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showt...51#post1544451
http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showt...74#post1546574

It was reported there that Robbe in Germany has issued a software update to fix it.

http://cms.robbe.com/downloads/T8FG%20Ver_1_1_675.zip

I'm afraid I can't be of more help because I myself don't own a T8FG.
br@m is offline Find More Posts by br@m
Old Oct 24, 2009, 05:07 PM
Joined Sep 2003
1,405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by br@m
I have read about reports of a similar problem (lock-up of the touchpad) on a german forum.
http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showt...51#post1544451
http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showt...74#post1546574

It was reported there that Robbe in Germany has issued a software update to fix it.

http://cms.robbe.com/downloads/T8FG%20Ver_1_1_675.zip

I'm afraid I can't be of more help because I myself don't own a T8FG.

If I had this radio which I will soon, i will not update other people update for this t8fg radio. I reather download update from futaba. This is another way to bring more bugs buy downloading update from someone that is not even coming from futaba. Maybe updating other people update instead of futaba update maybe can kill the warranty.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 05:36 PM
USA, CA, Merced
Joined Dec 2007
504 Posts
Robbe is a huge Futaba distributor, and they have relatively large influence on product development.

it's every bit as official as if www.futaba-rc.com had an update, which is actually a great planes owned website, who is the NA distributor of Futaba equipment.
DannyZRC is offline Find More Posts by DannyZRC
Old Oct 24, 2009, 05:58 PM
Joined Sep 2003
1,405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyZRC
Robbe is a huge Futaba distributor, and they have relatively large influence on product development.

it's every bit as official as if www.futaba-rc.com had an update, which is actually a great planes owned website, who is the NA distributor of Futaba equipment.

Oh my, my mistake sorry. But i wunder how much people have issue? Every radio have this issue? I haven't heard about issue. I've been tracking every thread like a crazy mad man. LOL And haven't heard any issue. I'm putting my order on the 3rd for this radio. I'm sure if theres an issue, futaba would already know.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 06:00 PM
Joined Sep 2003
1,405 Posts
Instead of throwing all my money one shot for the remote i'm going for easy paying, w/e is called to do payment(from tower). Pretty cool because first payment, they ship my remote