Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 12, 2010, 07:44 PM
Joined Mar 2009
2,400 Posts
Ok, I think I figured it out, not pretty

I assigned Rudder to J1, which is lateral movement of right stick. Therefore when I move the right stick from side to side, both sides of V tail move in unison to Yaw tail of aircraft from side to side.

Now I will have to see if trims work
320pilot is offline Find More Posts by 320pilot
to remove ads between posts
Old May 12, 2010, 08:00 PM
Pompano Hill Flyers
Pompano Beach, FL.
Joined Aug 2008
298 Posts
Hello 320pilot,

Yes a setup with Glider, Flying wing, 2-Aileron 1-Flap, Rudder set to Normal then you would plug you elevator servos into the aileron channels, this way everything is on you right stick. When you stick right your right elevator should go down and the left one goes up, stick left= left elevator down and the right one goes up. (oops) I know to some this seems wrong but it is correct. You may have to reverse you channels to get this to work correctly, but instead of reversing in the radio reverse you servo plug ins instead, this is required if you reverse in the transmitter and you elevators move in the wrong direction but the rudder is correct, moving the channels in the reciever should fix it.

See ya, Rockitglider
Rockitglider is offline Find More Posts by Rockitglider
Old May 12, 2010, 08:25 PM
<>< AKA W4BPS
USA, TN, Tullahoma
Joined Dec 2001
2,428 Posts
Leave it in the normal mode. You don't need sailplane. Just click in the V-Tail and set the single flap on the throttle stick..That would be how I would do it. Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320pilot View Post
Another question

this might save me a lot of work....I want to set up a simple V-Tail RETsailplane that has no ailerons, just a simple Poly wing. So, my only control surfaces are the V-tail for yaw and pitch, with a single flap on channel 6 (I guess).

in Sailplane mode, how do I get control to right stick for pitch and yaw? Or do I call this a delta wing? (which is how I did it before with my DX-7)

thanks
BrianSmith is offline Find More Posts by BrianSmith
Old May 12, 2010, 08:37 PM
Pompano Hill Flyers
Pompano Beach, FL.
Joined Aug 2008
298 Posts
Hello,

Brian, yeah that would work too, you would just need to reassign your sticks to J2=Elevator and J1=Rudder. Right?

Rockitglider
Rockitglider is offline Find More Posts by Rockitglider
Old May 12, 2010, 08:53 PM
Joined Mar 2009
2,400 Posts
Thanks for everyones help.
The reason for the second Rx questions, is I am putting my second 7 channel receiver in my 2M Poly Pulsar.. here is a picture or two of the Pulsar

I might try your plan Brian, so I can use the travel adjust page specifically for V tails.

ps. well now it's a real can of worms: trying to mix Flap to the V Tail
In Prog Mix 1 I have flaps mixed to Elevator. This gives me one side of the V tail going down (pitch down) for flap increase.

In Prog mix 2, I have Flap mixed to Rudder. This gives me the other side of the V-tail going down (pitch down) for a flap increase.

There must be an easier way? I have flap on the left stick. Motor on switch SE

Anyways, it works and the dreaded Spektrum AR6250 Rx is out of my favorite REF sailplane.

ps. Brian, I want sailplane mode, so I can select camber and reflex later (for the single , wide flap)
Last edited by 320pilot; May 12, 2010 at 09:39 PM.
Old May 12, 2010, 09:08 PM
<>< AKA W4BPS
USA, TN, Tullahoma
Joined Dec 2001
2,428 Posts
Your sticks will be proper by default. Just go to another /new model and start with V-tail settings and use the throttle servo for the flap/spoiler. You should not have to reasign the sticks. Brian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockitglider View Post
Hello,

Brian, yeah that would work too, you would just need to reassign your sticks to J2=Elevator and J1=Rudder. Right?

Rockitglider
BrianSmith is offline Find More Posts by BrianSmith
Old May 12, 2010, 09:37 PM
Joined Mar 2009
2,400 Posts
Thanks again everyone for the ideas.

I will mull it over tomorrow, after some sleep. Might try Brians' idea, ie Normal airplane with V Tail.

With a single flap I can always program different flap positions with dual rate or something to give me camber and reflex on a switch. Too bad they don't have a REF Setup page, ie like this

Sailplane YES
Ailerons NO+ 1 FLAP
V-Tail YES
Old May 13, 2010, 09:32 AM
Bax
Central Illinois
Joined May 2003
250 Posts
For your 3-control glider, you want to set it up as:

Sailplane--Yes
Wing type: Flying Wing, 2-Ailerons
Tail type will become irrelevant

Now you set up the two "aileron" servos to operate your tail. The Flap->elevator mix will work nicely.
Bax is offline Find More Posts by Bax
Old May 13, 2010, 12:13 PM
Joined Mar 2009
2,400 Posts
thanks Bax, everyone
I stuck with my weird programming, everything works now, control travel,flap-elev mix all on the right switches. Only strange thing is for yaw trim (on V-tails) I have to use trim toggle switch under left stick Even my Lost Model Locator works on the Channel 5.

Flap control is on left stick, and motor on switch SE. This will standardize with the setup on the 8FG for my Hyper 2.3.

So if the wind drops off, I will fly the Pulsar for the first time, with the Futaba 8FG today

Function page for Poly Pulsar (V tail) looks like this

FUNCTION

1 AIL J1
2 ELEV J2
3 MOT SE
4 RUD J1

Model TYPE
TYPE GLIDER
WING NORMAL
2 AIL + 1 FLAP
TAIL V-TAIL
Last edited by 320pilot; May 13, 2010 at 04:30 PM.
Old May 13, 2010, 01:26 PM
どうもありがとうミスターロボット
United States, IL
Joined Jul 2009
3,063 Posts
Quote:
yes I did, two ailerons, one flap (servo). I put both flaps and butterfly on J3, left stick. At about 1/3 of full flap (30% travel) ailerons start to rise at same speed as I move J3. They are not on an independent lever/slider. That would be too complicated for me! I like your idea to make the spoilerons active at 0 (J3) but I didn't want them to rise with the first deployment of flap, so I set them up deploy at approximately 30% of flap.
Just to clarify, setting up the program mix the way I described would effectively have the mix always on, but the spoilerons wouldn't actually begin to deploy until J3 reached the offset point in the mix.

When you setup two aileron channels in the model type it pre-mixes (if you will) aileron 1 with aileron 2. Using the link function when you setup the programmed mix on aileron 1 will effectively link aileron 1 with the preexisting aileron 1 to aileron 2 mix, and you can use + or - to reverse the way aileron 2 is mixed with aileron 1 when using the programmed mix on J3. It's kind of complicated, but it's a very neat and useful feature in my opinion.
Wrend is offline Find More Posts by Wrend
Old May 14, 2010, 09:15 AM
QiW
south east asia
Joined Mar 2009
956 Posts
hi guys .. been flying with the 8FG for 2 months now and its been great
after changing over from dx7 .. i have been using my old 4 channel ESKY tx as the radio for my SIM
question .. i cannot seem to get my 8FG to transmit PPM signal out thru the trainer port to be used on my SIM
i went into SYSTEMS MENU>TRAINER (page4/4) .. here ACT can only be set to OFF or INH .. i cannot get it to turn to ON although i have set the proper switch for it to turn it on
help please ??
thanks
QiW is offline Find More Posts by QiW
Old May 14, 2010, 01:07 PM
Joined Mar 2009
2,400 Posts
Wrend, Rockitglider
here are some more pics from Hyper 2.3 maiden. these were taken off the video my son shot.
Old May 14, 2010, 03:05 PM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
United States, NY, Plainview
Joined Aug 2005
8,049 Posts
320pilot,

What, no shots of the radio???????

(Nice plane and flying site)
Fly2High is offline Find More Posts by Fly2High
Old May 14, 2010, 05:24 PM
Joined Sep 2003
1,405 Posts
Quote:
Wrend, Rockitglider
here are some more pics from Hyper 2.3 maiden. these were taken off the video my son shot.
Hi, what kit is you're glider?Or is there an arf? i love it!!
jcervantes11 is offline Find More Posts by jcervantes11
Old May 14, 2010, 05:27 PM
Joined Mar 2009
2,400 Posts
Video of maiden flight is ready, will upload to Vimeo on Sunday.
If you look at the hills, maiden pics, there is snow in background.

jcervantes11, here is a link to the dealer for the Hyper 2.3

http://www.nesail.com/detail.php?productID=5513

build thread on RCG

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=719135
Last edited by 320pilot; May 14, 2010 at 07:06 PM. Reason: added link