SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 25, 2010, 08:25 PM
どうもありがとうミスターロボット
United States, IL
Joined Jul 2009
3,063 Posts
Yeah, just make sure you use the right leads and polarity on the Rx. The servos and and Rx are effectively all run parallel off their main circuit.

The R6008HS Rx also has a dedicated battery port on it between channels 3 and 4.
Wrend is offline Find More Posts by Wrend
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 25, 2010, 08:51 PM
Joined Mar 2009
2,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrend View Post

The R6008HS Rx also has a dedicated battery port on it between channels 3 and 4.
I will look for that...thanks. That is the Rx I am using that came with the new Tx.

Next I have to figure out how to set up the 7 channel FASST Rx for a V-tail REF Poly Pulsar (no ailerons, just a single servo flap).
320pilot is offline Find More Posts by 320pilot
Old Apr 25, 2010, 10:21 PM
China
Joined Jun 2008
28 Posts
Quote:
1. That can't be implemented in the 8FG, and isn't a Futaba feature (for which I'm personally glad). Just do a radio model check as part of your preflight check. It only takes a second to confirm that you have the right model selected. I prefer the added flexibility of not having model match. I mean no disrespect, but this hobby of ours is far from idiot proof...

2. Is your radio not calibrated properly? I would think this would be covered under warranty. Going into a service menu is not a standard user option. Even so, there are sometimes ways to gain access to service menus for resourceful individuals, though I'm pretty sure that making modifications in it isn't covered under warranty.

If you want to be able to calibrate your control inputs, make a request for that added functionality in a firmware update.

3-5. See number 2.

I wouldn't expect Futaba to add functionality in a firmware update any time soon. What would be the point of buying their more expensive radios if the 8FG could do everything they can do and more?

The only thing that would get them to do that is if more other brand radios start offering more functions at less price and Futaba is forced to add more capabilities to stay competitive. Something tells me that's partly why the made the 8FG in the first place.

As is, the 8FG is a very capable radio for the price. If you want something else, get something else.

Who wouldn't want their radio to do everything exactly the way they wanted it to? I guess I'm more of a realist, and am happy with what I can get from the 8FG, even though more is always better.
thank you for your reply, I don't want say more other than No. 2. Many 8fg/12fg users besides me had have there stick out of calibration in past few months. And I don't want send my TX to factory service anymore too(again). It will took 1month and over 200 RMB for postage. Why such a simple recalibration task need to cost so much? And futaba can't avoid out of caliberation in technically. And this make modifing of short range of throttle impossible if user can't recaliberate stick at home.
starmoon007 is offline Find More Posts by starmoon007
Old Apr 25, 2010, 10:52 PM
どうもありがとうミスターロボット
United States, IL
Joined Jul 2009
3,063 Posts
That's news to me. All my sticks, sliders, and dials were/are all perfectly calibrated out-of-the-box. I suppose a user accessible calibration feature might be nice if my 8FG ever becomes uncalibrated though.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 09:47 AM
Pompano Hill Flyers
Pompano Beach, FL.
Joined Aug 2008
298 Posts
Hey Wrend,

Thanks for the help, I am not able to see any servo slow down using the delay, Has anyone else seen this? I can't seem to get the servo speed to change, I get a slower reaction from the servos but not a servo speed change. I'm not sure if that is making any sense, let me know if someone alse has figured this out yet. Thanks again,

Rockitglider
Rockitglider is offline Find More Posts by Rockitglider
Old Apr 26, 2010, 11:48 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,786 Posts
Quote:
That's news to me. All my sticks, sliders, and dials were/are all perfectly calibrated out-of-the-box. I suppose a user accessible calibration feature might be nice if my 8FG ever becomes uncalibrated though.
I have had many Futaba radios over the years (30) and they all have been perfectly calibrated.

RC Man is online now Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Apr 26, 2010, 02:43 PM
Joined Mar 2009
2,497 Posts
Hey Wrend,
Trying to set up Butterfly. When I enter a value for "offset" ie, move my left stick (flap control) to point I want ailerons to start to rise at 80% of full flap travel; then push RTN button.
Problem is the the ailerons start to rise immediatly as I lower the stick, but at about 80% of stick travel , ailerons stop moving.
I want the reverse to happen; ie as I start to deploy flap, no aileron rise until I have 80% of flap deployed, THEN ailerons start to rise.

Going crazy kind of like setting up swash mix on a new heli
Last edited by 320pilot; Apr 26, 2010 at 03:11 PM.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 03:44 PM
St. Mary, Maryland, United States
Joined Dec 1996
8,370 Posts
There is probably a field on that screen that says "norm", if you select it and change it to "REV" your selected point will change from on to off or the opposite. Not actually looking at the Tx right now so I may be all wet .
Chris True is offline Find More Posts by Chris True
Old Apr 26, 2010, 08:19 PM
Joined Mar 2009
2,497 Posts
Chris,
There is a field that says normal, but I can't "highlight" the field to change it
Old Apr 26, 2010, 08:48 PM
United States, MI, Durand
Joined Feb 2004
67 Posts
Well I've had my new 8FG for a week now, and I must say Futaba has put some serious thought into this radio. Quite honestly, this may be the last radio I ever need. I have been slowly going through the manual and different menus, amd so far I've had no real programing issues. Having an 8UA previously has probably helped as a lot of the programing logic is similar. However, there is one thing which I can't quite figure out. Maybe someone here has the answer. On the prog. mix function when choosing an activatoin switch and then setting the on/off positions for that switch, there is a selection at the bottom of the screen "Alternate On/Off". The manual has brief paragragh about this on the next to last page but does not explain the use of it. Anyone?

Bill
jones04 is offline Find More Posts by jones04
Old Apr 26, 2010, 11:02 PM
どうもありがとうミスターロボット
United States, IL
Joined Jul 2009
3,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320pilot View Post
Hey Wrend,
Trying to set up Butterfly. When I enter a value for "offset" ie, move my left stick (flap control) to point I want ailerons to start to rise at 80% of full flap travel; then push RTN button.
Problem is the the ailerons start to rise immediatly as I lower the stick, but at about 80% of stick travel , ailerons stop moving.
I want the reverse to happen; ie as I start to deploy flap, no aileron rise until I have 80% of flap deployed, THEN ailerons start to rise.

Going crazy kind of like setting up swash mix on a new heli
When you initially select J3 as the control input for butterfly it will take you to ON/OFF where you can set at what percentage of J3 you want butterfly activated. On that screen you can scroll through to NORM, push RTN on it, then scroll to REV and then RTN to reverse it. If you already selected J3, then it doesn't go to this input calibration screen by default. What you need to do is drop back into the input selection menu (where you selected J3 initially) and scroll over to ON/OFF to recalibrate butterfly on J3. By the way, it's quicker if you scroll backwards (counterclockwise) to reach ON/OFF from H/W SELECT (the menu title). I only mention that last bit because I didn't realize until after scrolling through all the control inputs that I could have just scrolled backwards one space instead...
Last edited by Wrend; Apr 27, 2010 at 05:22 AM.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 11:28 PM
どうもありがとうミスターロボット
United States, IL
Joined Jul 2009
3,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jones04 View Post
Well I've had my new 8FG for a week now, and I must say Futaba has put some serious thought into this radio. Quite honestly, this may be the last radio I ever need. I have been slowly going through the manual and different menus, amd so far I've had no real programing issues. Having an 8UA previously has probably helped as a lot of the programing logic is similar. However, there is one thing which I can't quite figure out. Maybe someone here has the answer. On the prog. mix function when choosing an activatoin switch and then setting the on/off positions for that switch, there is a selection at the bottom of the screen "Alternate On/Off". The manual has brief paragragh about this on the next to last page but does not explain the use of it. Anyone?

Bill
This reverses which switch positions are set as on or off when moving from one setting of a switch position to the other setting. So, basically, the on and off positions on the switch alternate whenever you change from one to the other.

You can use this when using one of the two position switches to effectively be able to double-switch back to where the switch location started while alternating between having a mix on or off, such as one tap of the momentary switch.
Last edited by Wrend; Apr 27, 2010 at 04:50 AM.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 12:36 PM
Joined Mar 2009
2,497 Posts
Quote:
When you initially select J3 as the control input for butterfly ....:

well I initally SET J3 as control input for FLAP (single servo on center flap). Now I am trying to deploy butterfly as I reach 80% of full Flap with the J3 input. I did not set Butterfly to any switch. Can I select J3 to ALSO control butterfly (and Flap)?

I just want the ailerons to "rise up", as I exceed 80% of full flap.
I will re-read your post, and thanks. This is all confusing, my previous Tx was Dx-7.
Last edited by 320pilot; Apr 27, 2010 at 12:57 PM.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 03:02 PM
どうもありがとうミスターロボット
United States, IL
Joined Jul 2009
3,063 Posts
Yes, you can have J3 set for both. On the third page of the BUTTERFLY menu for SW select J3, then under the On/OFF settings select REV instead of NORM and SET where on J3 you want BUTTERFLY to deploy. Back on the third page of the BUTTERFLY menu, set OFFSET to about 50. You'll have to make sure BUTTERFLY is activated too of course. There might be a better way of doing it, but this seemed to work for me.
Last edited by Wrend; Apr 27, 2010 at 07:03 PM.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 07:29 PM
Joined Mar 2009
2,497 Posts
Quote:
Yes, you can have J3 set for both. On the third page of the BUTTERFLY menu for SW select J3, then under the On/OFF settings select REV instead of NORM and SET where on J3 you want BUTTERFLY to deploy. Back on the third page of the BUTTERFLY menu, set OFFSET to about 50. You'll have to make sure BUTTERFLY is activated too of course. There might be a better way of doing it, but this seemed to work for me.
Thanks again, "Yes, you can have J3 set for both" . I will go upstairs and try that right now