SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 14, 2013, 05:47 AM
Soaring Circuits
Coopersburg, PA
Joined Sep 2001
1,974 Posts
Thanks for the reply Malcolm. The mistake I was making was thinking that I could adjust the zero position in Butterfly. After looking at the Butterfly menus again, I see that is not the case. As you suggested, I do have butterfly on the throttle stick for landing control and would simply like to adjust the wing's camber/reflex for each flight condition, i.e. switched, not linear. For this, Trim Mix makes sense now.

Thanks,
Randy
rcbrust is offline Find More Posts by rcbrust
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 14, 2013, 09:57 AM
Sadorus, IL
Joined Mar 2004
597 Posts
14sg

Here is a link to a short unboxing video we shot yesterday.

Futaba 14SG 14-Channel 2.4GHz Computer Radio (4 min 0 sec)
Skaluf is offline Find More Posts by Skaluf
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 16, 2013, 01:08 AM
DeBary, FL
Joined Nov 2010
1,724 Posts
[QUOTE=MalcolmHolt;24099197][QUOTE=jbarchuk;24096861]Those mix menus are *extremely* intricate and complex. Actually I -think- (not 100% sure) that there are settings that need to be done in the -2nd- menu page before certain options appear in the -1st- page.
Quote:

I'm glad my explanation was of some help.

Yes, when using PMix you have to set the Master first on screen 2/2. If you change this any data you have entered on screen 1/2 will be lost.
I decided that 'do screen 2 then screen 1' does make sense. The screen 2 setup items are the overall control and configuration such as switches and surfaces. The screen 1 items define the exact -values- that the mix operates with. Screen 2 is most likely set up once and never looked a again. Screen 1 might be tweaked and adjusted here and there. So, it makes more sense that the screen that -may- be accessed more times is placed first, and the one that will -probably- never be seen again is placed second in the hierarchy.
jbarchuk is online now Find More Posts by jbarchuk
Old Feb 16, 2013, 04:23 AM
There's magic in those wings !
Joined Nov 2006
4,839 Posts
8FG on a trainer cord with a 9X radio ??

Hi

I just wonder if I can use a 9X Radio with a Futaba 8FG Super on a trainer cable to help other learn to fly ...

I have the special futaba cable with regulater since the 8FG uses 7.2 V NIMH battery and 9X uses higher voltage battery ...

But the question is Can I mod the cable so both radios can be used on that cable ..

I also have the JR terminal .. for the 9X ...

Has it been done before ... ??

Thanks a lot

Khaled
khaled_abobakr is offline Find More Posts by khaled_abobakr
Old Feb 16, 2013, 06:20 AM
numnutchris
Joined Sep 2009
415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaled_abobakr View Post
Hi

I just wonder if I can use a 9X Radio with a Futaba 8FG Super on a trainer cable to help other learn to fly ...

I have the special futaba cable with regulater since the 8FG uses 7.2 V NIMH battery and 9X uses higher voltage battery ...

But the question is Can I mod the cable so both radios can be used on that cable ..

I also have the JR terminal .. for the 9X ...

Has it been done before ... ??

Thanks a lot

Khaled
Dont know if it has been done and havent tried but seems like the Futaba port is hooked up as intended. Pin 4 has Vcc always, Pin5 turns on when powering on the 9XR, PPMsim has to be enabled to obtain Pin3 PPM output; se scope shot (8CH/20ms/300us/NEG).
I run my 9XR on 2S which should comply with the 8FG. But you have to look deeper into it, havent tried and use mine, 9XR, on O9 r1947, for park stuff solely.
numnutchris is offline Find More Posts by numnutchris
Old Feb 16, 2013, 03:29 PM
Joined Nov 2006
4,839 Posts
Thanks a lot for your reply ... I'll look deeper into it before trying anything ..

Khaled
Old Feb 20, 2013, 12:39 PM
Change is good...
Connecticut
Joined Mar 2008
802 Posts
Wrong thread!
bpd964 is offline Find More Posts by bpd964
Old Feb 20, 2013, 12:56 PM
Old, tired, and abused.
Joined Jun 2011
2,428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpd964 View Post
Wrong thread!
You had the right thread...
PropsnWings is online now Find More Posts by PropsnWings
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 22, 2013, 12:18 AM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined May 2003
41 Posts
Help with configuring an 8FG to 8FG training setup...

I eventually figured out the Trainer's (instructor's) radio is the one bound to the model.

I've got the control semi figured out. The Trainer's control works fine. (I was hoping I could just copy models between radios, but of course it couldn't be that simple.)

The problem is the student's radio doesn't control the model correctly. I would assume it has to do with the statement: "Reset the student's model data to the default condition." That is in the manual., but I don't know what that is.

Can anyone help, or point me to a thread that answers this question?

Thanks,

John
jecottrell is offline Find More Posts by jecottrell
Old Feb 22, 2013, 03:01 AM
Rhys - Forever Learning
United Kingdom, Wales, Nelson
Joined Feb 2007
360 Posts
John it means that the students radio should have a default model profile. If you are unsure, just create a new one entitled "Train" (or whatever else) and start with that.

** It needs to be the same model profile (Eg: Plane: 2AIL Tail: Normal) as the one you are using on your radio.
rhysduk is offline Find More Posts by rhysduk
Old Feb 22, 2013, 05:59 AM
South Africa, WC, Cape Town
Joined Dec 2009
1,402 Posts
Use the same model you would use on the Simulator. this alwaus a default profile with the 8FG to Phoenix. Not sure about other SIms
TimBle is offline Find More Posts by TimBle
Old Feb 22, 2013, 08:24 AM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined May 2003
41 Posts
Thanks!

Got it figured out with your help.

I still had to mirror sub-trims and servo assignments in the student radio. Why can't I just use a copy of the model program from the instructor's radio? (Maybe I can and I was just trying it in the wrong direction previously.)
jecottrell is offline Find More Posts by jecottrell
Old Feb 22, 2013, 08:42 AM
Sponsored by Team de la Peņa
United States, FL, Pembroke Pines
Joined Aug 2008
2,610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jecottrell View Post
Thanks!

Got it figured out with your help.

I still had to mirror sub-trims and servo assignments in the student radio. Why can't I just use a copy of the model program from the instructor's radio? (Maybe I can and I was just trying it in the wrong direction previously.)
If you use function mode on the instructor radio (assuming it is an 8FG) then all you need is a completely empty program on the student no need to change absolutely anything except check servo direction. Function mode will take mixes, trims, etc. from the instructor radio.

- Birger
bdelapen is offline Find More Posts by bdelapen
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 22, 2013, 09:11 AM
numnutchris
Joined Sep 2009
415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jecottrell View Post
Thanks!

... Why can't I just use a copy of the model program from the instructor's radio? ...
Use a SD card, copy the model to it, move the card to the other Tx and copy the model to that TX's internal memory.
numnutchris is offline Find More Posts by numnutchris
Old Feb 23, 2013, 03:59 AM
Joined Nov 2006
4,839 Posts
+ve vs switched +ve line ??

Hi

On The Futaba 8fG radio .. The trainer port has +ve and +ve switched ... I wonder what the difference is .. and which one should I use to hookup and external RF module or a head tracker ...

Thanks a lot

Khaled