HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 30, 2013, 01:08 PM
South Africa, WC, Cape Town
Joined Dec 2009
1,401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnav View Post
yeah, I think this is an excellent way to explain it. This is my understanding of how it works as well. I just still don't have a firm personal strategy as to when to deviate from my default 90 degree each to the longitudinal axis from the Rx in the same plane ie. X,Y (spanwise)....

In your "45 degree each to the longitudinal axis from the Rx in the same plane ie. X,Y (spanwise)" you need to stick the antennas hanging outside the fuse right? In my case for example I would need to poke holes in the covering to do so right?
No the antennae are inside my fuselage. I simply glue two pieces of Golden Rod out sheath to the balsa and place the antennae inside those. they remain in place without any need for tape or dabs of silicone
TimBle is offline Find More Posts by TimBle
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2013, 01:18 PM
I live my life 8oz at a time..
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,465 Posts
I mean at 45 deg to the Rx at the full length of the antennas they will stick out of the fuse... Maybe a pic would be great so that I don't drive you crazy.... If I understood correctly, this is what you do (red lines in pic).
arnav is online now Find More Posts by arnav
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 30, 2013, 01:24 PM
Sadorus, IL
Joined Mar 2004
597 Posts
If you are talking about linking two R7008SB receivers, with one of them outputting chans 9-16, you can use any normal device you want on those PWM outputs. S.Bus servos plug into the S.Bus port. The numbered outputs are normal outputs as long as you have the receiver in the correct mode.

Here is a short video on linking two receivers to the 18MZ (same process as the 14SG).

Linking two R7008SB Receivers to the 18MZ (4 min 46 sec)

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCrites View Post
Ok so I finally got around to this project. I read the manual and from what I understand now after some testing is I can only use the conventional 1-8 ports as 9-16 if I use a compatible SBUS servo. I was wanting to use the conventional 1-8 ports as 9-16 for things like my camera switcher, or LEDs, or gimbal tilt control (via a gimbal controller. Is this possible? Is there a way to tell the Rx "hey, your ports 1-8 are all 9-16 now...". I see how it is possible for SBUS servos but not for my regular equipment.
Skaluf is offline Find More Posts by Skaluf
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 30, 2013, 01:38 PM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Unfortunately Steve I didn't want to spend the money on another genuine Futaba RX because this is only controlling "extra" equipment on my hexacopter. I would NEVER trust anything other than a Futaba RX for flight control but wanted to save some money on the extra stuff RX (FrSky TFR8SB).

The problem comes from my Naza flight controller. It's SBUS compatible but you cannot change what channel the functions associate with which are 1-7. I have been told there is no way to change my conventional channels on my R6208SB (change them to 8-14) but I could do it with the FrSky. While it may be possible to do it for SBUS servos, I couldn't figure out how to do it for just general equipment like LED lights and camera switchers.

If you know a way to change the R6208SB to do what I need it to i'll bin this FrSky RX. I guess if push comes to shove my only option will be to pick up a RX like you showed.
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
Old Jan 30, 2013, 01:43 PM
Sadorus, IL
Joined Mar 2004
597 Posts
Odd, I would have thought you would be able to change the function assignments on a NAZA. I have no experience with them, so I'm sorry I can't really be of any help.

Quote:
Unfortunately Steve I didn't want to spend the money on another genuine Futaba RX because this is only controlling "extra" equipment on my hexacopter. I would NEVER trust anything other than a Futaba RX for flight control but wanted to save some money on the extra stuff RX (FrSky TFR8SB).

The problem comes from my Naza flight controller. It's SBUS compatible but you cannot change what channel the functions associate with which are 1-7. I have been told there is no way to change my conventional channels on my R6208SB (change them to 8-14) but I could do it with the FrSky. While it may be possible to do it for SBUS servos, I couldn't figure out how to do it for just general equipment like LED lights and camera switchers.

If you know a way to change the R6208SB to do what I need it to i'll bin this FrSky RX. I guess if push comes to shove my only option will be to pick up a RX like you showed.
Skaluf is offline Find More Posts by Skaluf
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 30, 2013, 01:45 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnav View Post
I mean at 45 deg to the Rx at the full length of the antennas they will stick out of the fuse... Maybe a pic would be great so that I don't drive you crazy.... If I understood correctly, this is what you do (red lines in pic).
correct but the ends of the antennae are still isnide the fuse. The shielded bit of wire is just bent a little since the antennae are too long. The tension in the bends help keep them in place. Nothing exits the fuselage
Old Jan 30, 2013, 01:52 PM
Sponsored by Team de la Peņa
Miramar, FL
Joined Aug 2008
2,566 Posts
Quote:

I'm not sure if this is what you want but here is a receiver that can be configured to be standard ports CH 9 - 14 (understanding 13 & 14 are not proportional on the 8FG).

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...er_S_Spec.html

- Birger
bdelapen is offline Find More Posts by bdelapen
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 30, 2013, 02:27 PM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdelapen View Post
I'm not sure if this is what you want but here is a receiver that can be configured to be standard ports CH 9 - 14 (understanding 13 & 14 are not proportional on the 8FG).

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...er_S_Spec.html

- Birger
I don't see how this RX will be any different from the FrSky (prob an exact copy if I know HK). I wonder if a jumper on Ch1 & 2 on my FrSky TFR8SB would make it do what this HK does.

Thoughts?
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
Old Jan 30, 2013, 02:34 PM
Sponsored by Team de la Peņa
Miramar, FL
Joined Aug 2008
2,566 Posts
Quote:
I don't see how this RX will be any different from the FrSky (prob an exact copy if I know HK). I wonder if a jumper on Ch1 & 2 on my FrSky TFR8SB would make it do what this HK does.

Thoughts?
I am by no means the expert but from what I can read the Mode A vs. Mode B setting of the FrSky TFR8SB is for sBus servos whereas the orange will do channels 9-14 for standard sevos (no S-Bus required).

Again, I'm not 100% sure what you are trying to accomplish but if you want NAZA on channels 1-8 using S-Bus then you can use any S-Bur receiver for that (Futaba or other) and you can then use the Orange receiver for Channel 9-14 using totally standard servos.

Anyway, I'm just trying to give options, I am no expert.

- Birger
bdelapen is offline Find More Posts by bdelapen
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by bdelapen; Jan 30, 2013 at 03:47 PM.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:03 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,401 Posts
To get channels 9-14 on a 2nd receiver with the 8Fg you will need to use the TFR-8S receiver, not the TFR-8SB.
Alternatively you can buy a Futaba R6308SBT from a European based hobby store and use two of those. The 2nd Rx can be configured similarly to the R7008SB to run in a "B" mode and enable ch9-14 in PWM mode.

Quite frankly I can' see why anyone would bother with the S.bus servo's costing from as littel as $35-00
Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:42 PM
numnutchris
Joined Sep 2009
412 Posts
Quote:

Thoughts?
It is the FrSky TFR8S which HK calls Orange S spec. You have the vendors product page here:
http://www.frsky-rc.com/ShowProducts.asp?id=51
It can be used for CH1-8 or CH9-14 (by jumper), have tried.

Your FrSky TFR8SB is found here:
http://www.frsky-rc.com/ShowProducts.asp?id=129
http://www.frsky-rc.com/uploadfile/2...4191232272.pdf

but havent tried it so not sure if it can be used as CH1-8 or 9-16 or if the modes A and B are just for setup purpose.
numnutchris is offline Find More Posts by numnutchris
Old Feb 04, 2013, 08:34 AM
United Kingdom, England, Hull
Joined Sep 2012
83 Posts
Futaba FG8 Super Tx

Hi Guys. I know this is off topic but can anyone tell me if the Futaba FG8 Super Tx can be used with the Fatshark Attitude goggles head tracking system.
Thanks. M.
Drone 5 is offline Find More Posts by Drone 5
Old Feb 05, 2013, 03:03 AM
hamilton Vic
Joined Jun 2006
179 Posts
Steve

Is there any way that the 14SG's timer be setup so that it only comes on with a throttle percentage or above idle? Not just the throttle stick?

In the past on my 8FG I have been using that the timer is only activated outside of hold but it is not perfect as in normal mode it is still on. When I turn on my radio the timer starts immediately and unless I remember to reset it I am basically flying without a timer. This is not good for my electric models as I have over discharged batteries.

It would be the icing on the cake for this transmitter.
beans07 is offline Find More Posts by beans07
Old Feb 05, 2013, 04:54 AM
Joined Jan 2007
15 Posts
You can link the timer to J3 (throttle in mode 2) then set the threshold for activation.
ziper_it is offline Find More Posts by ziper_it
Old Feb 05, 2013, 05:46 AM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,412 Posts
Yeah l have my timer on my throttle with the 8fg and l have it start when l advance the throttle 1 click. It turnes off when l pull the throttle all the way back down. So my timer is only active when my throttle is used.
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic