415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCrites View Post
---
got a FrSky TFR8SB. ---

How exactly do I bind this
---
From the TFR8SB manual:

Turn on the transmitter, connect the battery to the receiver while pressing receiverís F/S button. After the RED LED is
off and GREEN LED is solid, the binding process is completed and the receiver is operating normally.
numnutchris is online now Find More Posts by numnutchris
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:06 AM
Brighton UK
Joined Dec 2010
426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mty View Post
I have a question about timer programming on the 14SG.

For an electric glider I have the motor function activated so that the throttle stick only controls the motor at a certain position of a switch. At other position the throttle stick controls the butterfly.

Now I would like to configure timer #1 to measure the motor run time, however I can only seem to assign the J3 stick for the timer trigger, so it also counts the butterfly time too.

On my 10CG this setup was possible by using the logic switch feature. I could AND the switch and the throttle position and use this to trigger the timer.

Is there a solution for this on the 14SG (or 8FG)?

Thanks in advance.
Unfortunately logic switching on the 14SG is only available for the selection of flight conditions. You may have to re-think your controls if accurate motor timing is essential.
MalcolmHolt is online now Find More Posts by MalcolmHolt
Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:10 AM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by numnutchris View Post
From the TFR8SB manual:

Turn on the transmitter, connect the battery to the receiver while pressing receiverís F/S button. After the RED LED is
off and GREEN LED is solid, the binding process is completed and the receiver is operating normally.
Thanks, do you have a link to a site that is working that has the manual? Frsky's site isn't working for me.

This won't mess up the bind with my R6208SB? How will this look in my 8FGS menus... how will I know what I am programming?
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
Old Jan 15, 2013, 12:23 PM
numnutchris
Joined Sep 2009
415 Posts
Quote:
Thanks, do you have a link to a site that is working that has the manual? Frsky's site isn't working for me.

This won't mess up the bind with my R6208SB? How will this look in my 8FGS menus... how will I know what I am programming?
Check eg. the HK product page, "Files" tab, for the manual.
Havent tried FrSky SBus RXes but there is no limit on how many RXes you can link at the same time. As far as I know, its only the new FASSTest which are limited to 2 and must BIND one at a time.
Ive only used TFR8 + TFR8S and set the 8S to respond on CH9-14. Check the TFR8SB manual on how to set the modes for CH1-8 or CH9-16 response.
(You wont mess up any RX when adding another, theres no model match. I use it eg. in a twin motor plane with one FrSky 7CH rx in the wing and another in the fuselage, thus both control CH1-7 only, simultaneously)
Old Jan 15, 2013, 02:12 PM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
I think I get it now... I can use the TFR8SB for channels 9-16 and just leave my R6208SB alone?
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
Old Jan 16, 2013, 05:01 AM
numnutchris
Joined Sep 2009
415 Posts
Quote:
I think I get it now... I can use the TFR8SB for channels 9-16 and just leave my R6208SB alone?
According to the manual, yes, but havent tried the SB. And remember the 8FG is 14CH and the CH13 & 14 (DG1 & 2) will move between endpoints only.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 10:47 AM
I live my life 12oz at a time
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,794 Posts
In a crash, the bottom cover of an R6208 got open. It looks like I can just snap it back on. It seems to be working just fine, however, in your opinion, the mere fact that it opened up (and supposedly means it was subjected to excessive force) means I should send it in to be tested by Futaba?

Thanks!
arnav is online now Find More Posts by arnav
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 17, 2013, 03:11 PM
Sadorus, IL
Joined Mar 2004
597 Posts
I would recommend you send the receiver in to service to assure nothing was damaged in the crash.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnav View Post
In a crash, the bottom cover of an R6208 got open. It looks like I can just snap it back on. It seems to be working just fine, however, in your opinion, the mere fact that it opened up (and supposedly means it was subjected to excessive force) means I should send it in to be tested by Futaba?

Thanks!
Skaluf is offline Find More Posts by Skaluf
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 17, 2013, 03:27 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,794 Posts
ok, will do. fair enough. Thanks!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 18, 2013, 01:59 PM
Fly Low-Crash-Rebuild-Repeat !
Jackson, MO
Joined May 2009
3,231 Posts
I've got one for sale!

Futaba 8FG Super

Fred
RotorJockey is offline Find More Posts by RotorJockey
Old Jan 22, 2013, 03:38 PM
United Kingdom, England, Hull
Joined Sep 2012
83 Posts
FPV and Futaba FG8 Super

HI Guys
Can anyone let me know if the FG8 super TX be used with Fatshark Attitude FPV goggles with the Head Tracking system.
Thanks M.
Drone 5 is offline Find More Posts by Drone 5
Old Jan 24, 2013, 01:12 AM
Joined Oct 2012
300 Posts
Touch Pad

Quote:
Originally Posted by br@m View Post
I have read about reports of a similar problem (lock-up of the touchpad) on a german forum.
http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showt...51#post1544451
http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showt...74#post1546574

It was reported there that Robbe in Germany has issued a software update to fix it.

http://cms.robbe.com/downloads/T8FG%20Ver_1_1_675.zip

I'm afraid I can't be of more help because I myself don't own a T8FG.
I've had my T8FG a couple of weeks and the touch pad lockup is starting to aggravate me, hopefully there will be a fix for this issue.
Indianalar is offline Find More Posts by Indianalar
Old Jan 24, 2013, 02:13 AM
numnutchris
Joined Sep 2009
415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indianalar View Post
I've had my T8FG a couple of weeks and the touch pad lockup is starting to aggravate me, hopefully there will be a fix for this issue.
What SW version does your TX run? (SYS - INFO - VERSION)
Youre referring to rather old posts and If I recall right that was the first update for the 8FG. Youll find the latest, 5.0, incl. instructions here:
http://www.futaba-rc.com/software-updates.html
(And you dont mean the feature available in later software, if you in the menu find the autolock? SYS - AUTO LOCK)
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:57 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,794 Posts
What do you think of this Rx antenna setup (for the R6208 that came with my 8FGS)?

I am struggling to find an ideal location for the antennas.
Up until the battery bay there is CF rods on the bottom, middle, and top of the fuse (pic #1).
In the battery bay of course the battery itself would be blocking the antenna and the other antenna is parallel to the wings CF rod (current orientation - pic #2).

So basically it looks like I have to choose between the current orientation (pic #2) or between putting the antennas further back where one antenna would be running along a CF rod and another would touch a CF rod on the other side of the fuse (pic #3)

What's the least "evil" setup? Does Futaba have a recommendation re antenna tips touching CF rods and running along side CF rods?

Thanks!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 29, 2013, 10:43 PM
Go ahead. Meme me!
Thousand Oaks, CA
Joined Mar 2004
2,627 Posts
That looks great arn. Those carbon stringers are not any problem whatsoever unless you put the antenna very close *and* parallel to them. You have a friendly plane, a great receiver, a very good antenna layout and you'll never fly that far away with this plane anyway so I wouldn't change a thing. Unless of course that antenna is really close to the magnet or the conductive tip is actually touching something conductive.

That said, a slightly more ideal setup might be to have one antenna vertical near the battery (vertical so that it's not as close/parallel to the battery) and the other antenna longitudinal under/aft of the RX (thus perpendicular to the wing rod). This would exchange some of your nice spacial diversity for slightly less blockage.
vespa is online now Find More Posts by vespa